Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    Rachey tmi but the only time I have had what I would call proper ewcm was my first cycle off the pill and there was loads of it. I have had it one other cycle but it was a tiny amount. Waiting to see if I get more today now! :lol: at the chickens in the tree, my mums learned how to climb out of the pen, so funny to watch.

LiB glad you are finally getting somewhere with dreams, hope they offer you something good. Sounds like you got a great deal on the carseats.

Angie hope the waiting goes quickly for you.

I noticed we hadn't heard from clalee, I thought about sending her a message but thought that would sound a bit pushy :lol:

I thought I was going to get a peak this morning but no, another high. Think I will peak tomorrow though image

xx
  • Options
    I'm still here and still pregnant, I just had a busy Saturday and a very lazy Sunday so didn't get my laptop out and for some reason could post from my phone. I think I'm averaging about 4 hours sleep at the minute so doing sod all was very welcome yesterday. By about 4am I've tossed and turned so much that both my hips hurt and I just can't get comfy at all. I've also been getting pelvic pain (it's been ever since he started engaging so I guess it's just the extra pressure of him being low) every time I move so it's not helping.

squeezed - great bump pic, I almost can't believe just how much I'm growing even now. I have very little that fits trousers wise I spent yesterday with a pair practically undone on the theory that it was just the pair of us in. I'm getting fed up waiting now and he's only due today.

sue - glad you've finally spoken to someone, hopefully you can get some answers soon about cost.

BL - a month already that seems to have flown.

Chic - good luck with the fundraising on Friday if I forget.

Kels - hope all's going well with Ben in his own room.

rachey - glad you had a good weekend.

My sil phoned hubs last night from the side I heard it sounded very much like she was phoning to accuse him of not telling her she was an auntie. After hello the first thing he said went along the lines of well I haven't called you because he's not been born yet, he's not even due till tomorrow (now today) but it could be another few weeks yet. She clearly annoyed him as she also told him that their parents have been been invited over to Germany to spend new year with her boyfriends family and they're not going just because we're going to go and visit them from boxing day till new year and he didn't once suggest switching to spend Christmas with them and the rest of the time with my family, not even to me. He basically told her that we have made our plans and if their parents say anything to us we might consider leaving earlier but we're not going to swap (which he'd probably love to do, he misses them whenever we're not there for Christmas). I'm very pleased my sisters off work the week before Christmas so I'll get to see much more or her and my nephews if we stick to our current plans.

Sometimes she really annoys me, you'd think she was an only child most of the time what she wants always has to come first.
  • Options
    oh and I forgot a 40 week bump pic
    http://img3016.photobox.co.uk/10346809e78aa101380382e95c95570c6cad7a803f83754c16696435ba4ab34287cf3bfb.jpg

• Options
    Wow clalee, your bump has really grown since your last picture! Looking nice and low too, so i'm hoping cameron doesn't keep you going til 2 weeks overdue!

I really feel for you about your SIL. Hubs family (apart from his dad) assume that because hubs has got a car, he's their personal chauffeur sometimes. We'll get a call from one of them (before the whole family falling out thats happened since) saying 'I need you to take me *somewhere*, just because they can't be arsed to get public transport. His sister used to be bad for this, and she's got a free bus pass! Luckily they've stopped doing this now.

Squeezedd, I hope you're still coping. x
  • Options
    Had uni this morning and we went out for a yomp around the grounds to find this civil war fort, but baby was stabbing me in the bladder lots which made every step agony!

chic I *think* MN is being induced rather than sectioned. Her bp has been a bit erratic so they brought it forward from Weds (37 weeks) as far as I can tell. I hope she and bubs are ok!

Sue your idea of telling people you're due 2 weeks after you are is an excellent one! It's worked out as 280 days from the first day of your last period, which is 40 weeks. However, as most people go overdue I have no idea why that's still the accepted length! Also, it's presumably 38 weeks actual gestation from time of conception, so given that lots of people ov later.. they do tend to change your EDD at your 12 week scan though where the measurements indicate you are a late ov'er. I don't know, the whole thing is so confusing!

MrsM hopefully I'll have something for you soon. Doubt it though, unfortunately. Hope you peak soon too!

Lib I tend to get them in the evening. I actually think it's where I sit with my legs up to my side on the sofa which makes less room for baby and she pushed on things. It tends to hurt less if I stretch out. So, not really anything happening, just a symptom of having an overdue fatty in my belly!

Your sil sounds like a right cow clalee! And keep your legs crossed, no queue jumping - there have been enough of them in DIN!image
  • Options
    cheers LiB - he has certainly dropped recently and grown dramatically.

squeezed - I'll try not to queue jump but I make no promises, despite hubs giving him a talking to this morning (he doesn't want to hear any of this but I'm not due yet stuff it's time to come out) he seems fairly settled to me.

I've just gone through my email thinking the email from apple recalling my ipod was probably spam, but after a bit of searching it seems it's not. I've filled in the details on their website (not following the link in the email) and it seems some 1st generation nanos have batteries that can overheat and cause a fire. It's nice to know I've spent the last few nights with a fire hazard under my pillow (it's been keeping me sane when I can't sleep putting it under the pillow stops the light waking hubs up). They're sending out a box to send it back in and will send me a replacement. So I guess I'm now going to have to hunt through and pick out some cd's for my hospital bag. I'm going to be much more restricted in my choice this way though I guess I need to find a selection of different things so hopefully something will suit the mood I'm in.
  • Options
    oooh that's really annoying not having your ipod! I've got mine charged and packed. Hope I get to use it one day hah!

We're now having fun and games with the Christmas thing. SIL has finally created a facebook group where all the arrangements can be made. I've suggested fil and step mil have our house while we're at my parents, but that I don't really want to have them here when we get back as it's still three nights before they leave to go back to Portugal. They're also leaving at 4am on New Year's Day (great timing eh!) which would mean we'd end up baby sitting them on NYE, and really I just want our first NYE with a newborn to be a bit easier than having to sort them out and ferry them around at all hours!
  • Options
    I did have mine charged and packed till I couldn't sleep. I'm not sure what cd's to replace it with now. Do I go for relaxing stuff or stuff that makes me feel more energised?

I hope you get what you want for Christmas, I can completely understand wanting an easy new year and certainly not ferrying people to the airport for a 4am flight. I think new years day will be our last down south before driving back up here. Though the 2nd is a bank holiday here too so getting back on the 3rd would be a better plan there'll be some shops open to get food (they really take new year seriously here). Though hubs still needs to work out if he's back at work on the 3rd or if he's taking the day off. (he also needs to work out when lectures start)
  • Options
    Clalee Happy due date image Glad you managed to get a bit more sleep but boo to the extra pain. Your sil sounds like a delight. We have people like that in the family who always want it their way. If their parents really want to go then they can ask you to leave a few days earlier. I can't believe how much your bump has grown! Can you put some music on your phone or has your hubs got an mp3 player you can borrow so you can have more of a selection with you?

Squeezed ouch to being stabbed in the bladder. You never know things can change pretty quickly, she'd could be here sooner than you think. Definitely say you are not ferrying people around at 4am on new years, let them sort something out for themselves, you have enough to concentrate on!

Tmi but I roped hubs into some afternoon bding since I had more ewcm this morning, figured why not. Hoping its a positive sign for us this cycle image

xx
  • Options
    ooo clalee I couldn't see your bump pic before but it's ace! And I totally agree you really have grown since the last one, which I'm sure I hadn't!

Well the whole Christmas thing gets even worse; because our friends had said they'd be away and if it came to it fil and step mil could stay there for the few days they're away, everyone else in the frigging family volunteered it as the venue for Christmas day for the whole bloody family! Luckily M has vetoed it saying it's completely taking the piss, and was supposed to be a fall back plan for somewhere to crash for a few days. He's in the bath at the mo but it's since got even worse so I'm going to tell him to let them all know that it's his brother's responsibility to sort everything out as the whole thing was his idea, and we've got enough to worry about at the moment! I am categorically NOT inviting them all to spend it here, I can't think of anything worse!
  • Options
    Lib- hooray for potential compensation from dreams.

Mrsm- fingers crossed for a peak tomorrow!

Clalee- fab bump! Sleep sounds painful- my hips hurt me quite a lot already in the night so suspect they're only going to get worse. Sounds annoying about sil. image

X x
  • Options
    Clalee I can't see your bump pic :cry:

Had my first day at work today! Just doing relief teaching but lovely school and nice class. Back tomorrow too. Am shattered so hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight!

Off to catch up x
  • Options
    MrsM - glad you're enjoying your possible peakimage

squeezed - sounds like a complete nightmare I hope your bil sorts it out, it's the last thing you need now.

sue - I've just posted my bump pic on facebook, hopefully you'll be able to see it there.

Glad you're at a nice school even if it is only temporary.

I went to aqua-natal last night and I'm so glad I did firstly it was good fun and nice to have a chat with people, but secondly I had the best nights sleep I've had in weeks. I was having bh's when I got home and thought that I wasn't going to get any sleep, but they went by the time I finished tea and other than turing over and toilet trips I didn't wake up no spending hours lying in bed unable to get back to sleep. image

I'm off to meet hubs for lunch today other than that I have no plans I'm tempted by making brownies or something this afternoon, but I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    yay for some braxton hicks at least clalee! I reckon you'll be sprogging before me, it's more sign than I've ever had! Good news on the sleep front too. I'm very lucky I've very rarely had a sleepless night. I get up several times for loo trips but always manage to fall asleep again very quickly.

SIL has now suggested everyone going to mil's. Awkward! It's the first Christmas she's spent with fil since they split up like 25 years ago, so having to do it in her personal space (and she's an exceptionally sensitive person), with his wife, is probably going to be really difficult for her. Mil has actually just agreed, but I'm pretty sure she's being a martyr because she's already said she didn't want that to happen! Oh well, the drama continues.
  • Options
    Hello lovelies!

Hope you're all ok.

I keep checking to see how you're getting on Clalee & Squeezed. Very exciting times.

MrsM hope you've enjoyed your possible peak.

Hey to everyone else *waves*.

Our nursery furniture has arrived, can't wait to get home and see it, but i'm not feeling so well today so just passing time until hubs comes back from a meeting and i'm going to get him to take me home i think. Work has gone from bad to worse too, but i won't bore you with it all.

Just a quick check in really.

xxxxx.
  • Options
    squeezed - it's the first time I've actually felt braxton hicks and was fairly sure that's what it was it was mildly exciting, I still think I'm in for the long haul though.

Looby - yay for nursery furniture but boo to feeling ill and work being rubbish. I hope things improve for you.

I've just got back from meeting hubs he confessed to getting slightly impatient now. He really would have liked bubs to have come on Sunday or Monday. Sunday was the 7th anniversary of our first date, and with Monday being 6 years since my brother died he thought it would have been a nice circle of life thing, if you get what I mean. I agree that both dates would have had a nice meaning to us, but right now I just what him here and healthy I don't care when just preferably without me waiting too long.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies

Squeezed Christmas is sounding like a nightmare. I vote you lock yourselves in with some yummy food and forget about everyone else! Trying to volunteer your friends house was definitely taking the pee. I'm sure there will be some sort of drama with it being at your mil's but I hope not. How are you feeling? Are you getting a sweep if they offer?

Rachey have you spoken to your mw about your hips?

Sue glad you've ended up in a nice school, even if it isn't for long.

Clalee yay for getting a proper nights sleep. I have to say you've made me want brownies now, not made them in years. I hope you aren't waiting too much longer.

Looby yay for getting your nursery furniture. I hope you are feeling better soon, sorry to hear work is worse. If you need to rant about it, rant away hun.

I was sooooo annoyed this morning. I had ANOTHER stick go funny, thats 3 out of the same box :evil: It gve me another high but the stick wasn't even worth looking at stupid thing. Poor hubby was woken up with a mini rant about how pants clearblue are, well with a different words than pants :lol: Chances are I'll ov in the next few days as the earliest was cd20, on average its cd25. Hoping the rest of the sticks are fine but I am going to get temping again. Been shopping today and seen loads of present ideas for people, didn't get any shoes for Friday though which is what I went out for :lol:

xx
  • Options
    MrsM yep Christmas is a nightmare! It'll be ok though I'm sure. Tbh if things kick off we will barely be there anyway, and can just leave! We're adamant about having it just the three of us for most of the day and popping over in the evening to see everyone, where ever they end up.

I turned down a sweep last Friday but I will accept one at my next appt this Fri, to try and avoid induction. I think she's just too comfy tucked up in there, esp now it's starting to get chilly. It's starting to get stupidly painful after walking for 15 mins though, so there's got to be something going on surely!
  • Options
    Squeezed sounds like you have a lovely day planned for the three of you. I just saw on fb you were in pain from walking, I hope its because she's getting lower. Have you had any other signs? It would be funny if your bubs or clalees was born on Thursday as its my birthday! I thought that last week but didn't think you'd like the thought of waiting another week! I hope she makes her entrance soon image

xx
  • Options
    haha! I've actually had the 17th in my head, but I think that's because my birthday is 17th Dec. A few other people have said they went exactly a week over though. And nope, unfortunately no other signs, but I do hope the pain is because she's lower.

Got any plans for celebrating your bday then?