Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    Chic - I'm with squeezed, I think MN's is the only BA you'll come back to.

Great news about the appointment letter.

LiB, squeezed - our little man has always been head down too, and nearly always with his back on my right hand side. He's been lazy up till now so I don't know why I really expect him to change and come out any time soon.

squeezed - good luck at the midwifes this morning.

vickster - hope the sticks start behaving themselves for you, it's really frustrating.

well the midwife appointment was ok yesterday once I got seen (2.45 appointment I was seen at 4.25). They've had to take more blood as my platelet count is on the low side they're currently ok but borderline so they want to keep an eye on it so they know the state of play for when/if I go into labour. The sweep was ok uncomfortable but no worse than a smear. Despite her being able to do it successfully she's not too convinced it'll work apparently (possible tmi warning) I'm 1-2cm with a soft cervix, but it's still a long way back. I had a bit of spotting yesterday followed by a very bloody show, continuous mild backache and the odd few tightenings, but I'm back to feeling just the same as before now.

I'm going to go for a bit of a walk later, possibly to the shop to buy something for lunch (who knows it might even be spicy) but I'm fairly sure I'll be off to this wedding tonight. I don't really fancy it, but we'll go to support them even though we're still not convinced. We went out to the quiz yesterday (the couple weren't there he was meeting her family for the first time) and we all said it felt very surreal not one of us really thought the wedding would go ahead. The quiz master refused to take any credit for the music choice, his wife took over we had lots of things like d.i.v.o.r.c.e, and mambo number 5 (she's the 5th woman he's dated this year). As you can guess she's thoroughly unconvinced that he should be marrying someone he only started dating in august.
  • Options
    Oh I also mean to say we had a big chat with the consultant and registrar too. I've been booked in for an induction at 12 days over (so much for certainly not going past 10 days over) on Saturday the 26th (as a first time mum they'll be giving me the gel regardless of the situation so I go in at 4pm, it could be a long morning), and another sweep next Thursday if he's not arrived. It was decided as we're both healthy, his heart rate is nice a regular and steady that we'd give him an extra chance to turn up without induction. So if nothing else there is now a firm plan of action, and only 8 days at most before things start happening.
  • Options
    There IS finally a BA as MN had her baby girl this morning! Congrats and can't wait to see pics! What a massive queue jumper, she wasn't even due until early-mid Dec :lol:

blimey clalee that's going to be an interesting marriage! I wonder how long they'll last?? So funny about the song choices.

Lib hopefully you'll have more luck than me. She started engaging quite early, but then just hung around at 4/5 for ages, and is now only 2/5 so not massively better really!

angie yeah I've been hearing more positive stories about induction recently. Also the midwife said today that whatever they use doesn't need to be reinserted lots of times so it won't take days!

So I had my 41+1 appt. I had a sweep which was fine, not even like a smear which I've always found really painful! Baby's head is low but not really engaging with the cervix, but I'm 1cm dilated and it's quite thin. I have a hosp appointment on Monday where they'll do a scan to check fluid, monitor baby's heartbeat, etc, and then I'd be induced on Tuesday. I don't have to decide about induction yet, I can choose to refuse it on Tues and opt for daily monitoring instead. We're going to see how we feel! Got some bits planned for the next few days to keep a bit occupied. At by this time next week things should have bloody happened!!
  • Options
    Ohh ladies I hope the babies come on their own now no inductions...im the one with the horror story - but im not going to say but if you do both have to be induced, then I hope it goes well.

af due on tuesday, ov'd at cd16 this month, only 12daylp - so 9dpo today...ive had the odd pulling low down this month every on and off not constant, and the odd pain and tingling on the right hand side of my bellybutton. Think im looking too much into it. image
  • Options
    Angie - well I do have back ache, but then I always have backache these days. I've had a fair bit more brown bloody/mucousy stuff today, I'm still refusing to get my hopes up though.

squeezed - we were all debating how long it would take them to split up just before he arrived at the pub and told us they were getting married. No one gave them more than a week then. They're getting married because she's pregnant, in his words "sometimes in life you have to take a gamble". It really doesn't seem the right way to be approaching marriage, but it's up to them what they do.

MN - if you see this, huge congratulations, I can't wait to see pics of Grace.

mralolly - good luck for next week.
  • Options
    It's not a great reason to get married. They can try and make the relationship work in light of having a baby together, but getting married and being miserable would surely be worse for the baby than being happy apart if that's what it came to.

I hope they're all good signs for you mrslolly! It's so difficult not to read into absolutely everything when you're ttc. I was guilty of it every month, however hard I tried not to.
  • Options
    Congrats mn xxx
  • Options
    God angie, it really IS my last child free weekend!! I hadn't though of that.... blimey.
  • Options
    Omg still no BA???????????????
  • Options
    Arrrrggggggghhhhhh!! Just typed a big message and lost it!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ok, here goes again! Hope you lovely ladies are all well?

Sue - so pleased you got your BFP!!!

Clalee & Squeezed - can't believe you're both full term... well, overdue!!! Seems like only a few weeks ago that you were announcing your BFPs... although I'm guessing it seems a little longer for you!!image

I debated returning to these forums as I got a little obsessive when we TTC back in Feb & March, but I know I'm going to need the support of you lovely ladies as hubby and I are back on the TTC Wagon (or the ShagWagon, as one of my friends called it!). Since I last posted we have moved back out into our own space and my cycles are normal (31 days, approx). I had my internal ultrasound and there was no sign of PCOS and everything was healthy ???????down there???????!!! Also, I've managed to lose almost 2 stone, and still slimming, so that's more than 10% of my body weight!!! Oh, and I'm settled on my antidepressant medication (20mg Citalopram). Have spoken with Dr's and it's ok to get PG on these meds, but won't be able to breastfeed. Ummmm, so that's my update!!

We decided to TTC this month and it was soooo much easy now that we're in our own space! I didn't use OPKs or temp as my cycles have been regular for several months and I can feel OV pains. I believe I OV'd on day 16 or 17...... And we BD'd on days 12, 14 & 16 using Conceive Plus (similar to Preseed?). Last time we actively tried, and any month since where we've BD'd in the middle of my cycle, I've symptom spotted like crazy but this month is a little different. There are a lot of bugs going around work and I just feel odd... can't *really* describe it but I just have a tingling, ???????nervous??????? feeling in my lower tummy and lower back, accompanied by some dull mild achey-ness and occasional cramps. Also had some EWCM about 5dpo? I'm feeling ultra emotional, but TBH, I feel like I've had a blip week and have been feeling it coming, plus had horrid trip to the vets this morning as our kitty who is 2???? yrs has to be medicated for her heart defect and may only have 6 - 9 months with us. :'( I'm not reading in to any of this as PG symptoms... or at least I'm trying not to!!!! It's just such an odd feeling... I feel nauseous after I eat, have felt dizzy at times... I just feel weird...!!! It's one of those feelings that, if you then got a BFP you'd say ???????I just knew I was PG....??????? - - - - can't believe I just said I'm not reading into it as symptoms... I quite clearly am!!!!! L

But this is why I've returned to this forum and, more specifically, these posts!! I know you lovely ladies will understand!! I don't feel like I can tell hubby as don't want to give him false hope, and don't really want to tell friends incase I come across as a ???????baby starved wing-nut??????? (to quote JUNO! Excellent film!) and look really silly when AF arrives.

Wow..... What a long post!!! Baby dust to all. Look forward to getting to know everyone properly again. xxx
  • Options
    PS: I'm now 7dpo... AF due 28th. image xx
  • Options
    Hey db, good to see you back my love and I really hope this is your month xx

Just noticed, huuggggeee congrats mn, can't wait to see a pic xxx
  • Options
    Hello Ladies image

I want to start by saying thank you for all the birthday messages, I was keeping up with you all but have had no time to reply.

Squeezed I realise now I got yours and clalees mw appts muddled up, sorry. Sounds like things are happening for you just slowly, hope it doesn't come to iduction.

Clalee I hope you had a good time at the wedding. Loving the song choices from the quiz. Exciting that you have been losing some of your plug.

Vickster I hope you got your peak hun, it is so annoying when the sticks go wrong. Just noticed its 4 days until your appointment, how are you feeling?

Looby loved the nursery pics on fb. How are you getting on?

LiB glad you got some compensation from Dreams, I don't blame you for not wanting store vouchers either. Yay for your nursery furniture arriving image

Angie hope you enjoyed swimming and the in laws weren't too bad.

Ww I have 2 lines on the cbfm sticks for a good few days but one is a lot lighter than the other. They'll change for a peak so that the one that has always been strong will get lighter and the other one a bit darker. Hope that makes sense!

Chic yay for getting your appointment letter through.

Rachey I hope you are feeling much better now hun, sounds like an awful bug you have had.

MN congratulations hun, so pleased for you image

Mrslolly I hope those are good signs for you hun.

DB sounds like you done loads sonce you were last on here. It is so hard not to ss like crazy all the time. Good luck for the 28th.

I had a fab birthday, we went ice skating (soooo painful and I didn't even fall!) and shopping, got a fair few bargins with some birthday money which was lovely. Hubs made me a birthday cake which is nice but very sickly. It was my sisters graduation ceremony on Friday which was lovely, very proud of her. A few members of our family came down to help celebrate in the evening so we all went out for dinner and a drink. Today I have been looking at bridesmaid dresses with my sister and then hubs took me shopping again to get me a birthday present. Been a very busy few days but lovely, kept my mind away from ttc, well for the most part. I think I may have ov'd on Wed or Thurs as my temps have been high for the last 2 days. I forgot to temp on Thurs but looking at the sticks I still had 2 lines so I would say that was probably the day. Don't really think we have much of a chance tbh but you never know I guess. I have rambled on for far too long, hope you are all well image

xx
  • Options
    Hi all I'm on my phone so will probably miss lots.

DB- good to see you I was wondering how you were not ss'ing is impossible.

MrsM- sounds like you had q good birthday.

Angie - I guess this really is our last full baby free weekend, I'll be induced next Saturday, so even if no baby it'll all be about baby.

The wedding was interesting last night even if nearly everyone felt the need to tell me labour horror stories.

Today's not going so well, i've got a crappy cold and can hardly breathe. The nasal spray we have says not for use during pregnancy, so I keep trying steam but it doesn't last. Now the only positions I can sleep in pain free-ish I can't breathe in, it could be an interesting night. I think I could be off to boots first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    BA FOR SQUEEZED!!!

Ada Sophie Emmeline K*** was born at 7:58 this morning weighing 9lb!

In her message squeezed said it all happened pretty quickly.

Congratulations to you and M, can't wait for pics now image

xx
  • Options
    Hoooray, as I said on fb, massive congrats, I had a feeling she would be quick as has moaned all along how lazy the baby was!! gorgeous name too, who guessed sex and weight right????
  • Options
    squeezed- congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pics of baby Ava- I bet she's gorgeous!

Mn- Gracie looks perfect! Hope you're all doing well.

Clalee- blimey, that was a long wait for your appointment! Glad the sweep was ok when you got there though. Fingers crossed 1-2 cm progresses to 10 before too long- certainly worked for squeezed! If you make it to induction though, that's my birthday! image

Dotty- good to see you! Sounds like you've had an exciting couple of months! Well done on the weight loss- thats amazing!

Mrsm- glad you had a good birthday. What did hubby get you?

Has everyone seen my ticker?! Heehee - so excited I have got to the mouse!!

X x
  • Options
    YAY for squeezedd!! Fab news and a beautiful name!!!

Thanks for the welcome back messages ladies. Feeling bleugh again today so it's either work illness or possible symptoms. Feeling tingly and strange over lower back and lower abdomen, and if I eat or drink I feel sick - only belching makes me feel better. Took me ages to get to sleep last night as the strange pain/ tingling is worse when sitting or lying down. This is totally not something I would have considered to be a pg symptom... I've not got sore boobs or anything. Although this morning when I got up all I could smell was sweet stuff and cat food. Oh, and I'm convinced the fabric conditioner smells like sour milk!!!!!!! Keep asking hubby to smell my PJs so he probably thinks I'm mental!!!!!!!!

Just rang First Choice about our holiday and whether we could cancel it or postpone it. Basically if we cancel it by 5th Dec we get 50% back... after that it drops to only 30%. But we can change name for ??50 per passenger so seriously thinking that if I'm pg I'll sell my holiday to one of hubby's mates and they can have a lads week away!! I guess I'll know in a week whether I'm pg or not, so will cross that bridge when we come to it.

This is going to be a VERY long week.... image

Hope everyone is good and enjoying their weekends?

**Baby dust** xxx
  • Options
    Hi dottysbird, hope you don't mind me jumping in but I noticed I'm having similar symptons to you, lower backache and feeling sickly then needing to burp and a strong sense of smell!! I also have the sore boobs.I'm still waiting for AF to arrive (It's now 33 days sinse my last AF) I did a test last wed but got a BFN.

how are you doing?x
  • Options
    Hi carioke! Is this your first month of TTC? We tried back in Feb & March without success but then Dr changed my medication (for anxiety/ depression) and my cycles went haywire!! Went back on to original meds, got stable and now here I am! The last 2 months we tried I symptom spotted like crazy and thought I had sore boobs, nausea and some cramps. This time is totally different, feels like a tingling,almost "buzzing" sensation across my lower abdomen and lower back. It's 1pm and all I've managed is a slice of toast. Felt ok after that so am going to cook a roast later and try to manage a small amount. But the sense of smell thing is weird!