Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    Oooo I wonder if you'll be right with the 17th then. I haven't really got much planned, I think we're going ice skating and then lunch and shopping somewhere image

I have a poorly puppy this morning, she has just been sick everywhere. She looks happy enough though so she must have been eating something she shouldn't have in the garden :roll:

xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Cant believe no BAs yet ladies...I remember when I had DS, i was induced at 10 days over...I was gutted but it definitely got things moving..but in labour for 18 hours wasn't nice. Hope things get going for you both real soon! xx

Good luck with getting your peak today MrsM. xx

7dpo today, cramping today and tmi sorry but very wet below. Hoping possible signs but not holding my breath!

• Options
    Morning all,

MrsM - I had a persona stick that did that just when I was due to ov the month we caught so I wasn't completely sure on the ov date when I tried to work out a due date so the best I could come up with was 14th-16th, all the scans measured (8 weeks, 13 weeks and 20 weeks) him bang on for being due on the 14th. Hmm maybe that means he's not actually due till today.

I have a sweep on the 17th so maybe that'll get him moving and he'll arrive on your birthday, who knows I'm beginning to lose all hope that he'll come before he's forced.

Any plans for your birthday?

Thanks Mrslolly - that's what I can see happening with us. There are no signs of him turning up any time soon.

Hubs has sent me an email to say his sister's asked what we want for Christmas and he's persuaded her to pay for a b&b for a weekend away for the three of us sometime in the new year. I guess there are some benefits to having a banker in the family. We might try to have a mini family winter celebration then, Christmas will be manic with our families so it'll be nice to get away just the pair of us.
  • Options
    I'll re-iterate mrslolly still can't believe there's no BA on here yet!! Although I have just realised we haven't done any guesses for MN's little girl I guess the date is out as hopefully it'll be today! But we've still got the weight to guess, I've updated the spreadsheet!!

*waves* to everyone, hope everyone's OK x x x

mrsM, if I don't get back on hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow x x x
  • Options
    has anyone on here had their babies on time naturally?

just looking at the spreadsheet (while filling in guesses) if our boy arrives any day between now and Monday someone has the day right. If we get to induction Rachey may be closer to the mark.
  • Options
    Mrslolly I hope its a good sign for you image

Clalee the winter break sounds lovely. I'm sure you'll enjoy time you have just the three of you. Interesting about the persona stick. I was beginning to wonder this morning if I am poas wrong :lol:

Vickster ooo I'll have to add my guess for MN, good thinking! Thank you for the birthday message. Hope you are doing ok hun image

Angie glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

I meant to say all of this this morning. Still no peak for me, another funnyish stick. I told hubs I'm going to start doing my morning pee in a pot and he was disgusted :lol: I'm in half a mind to forget about it all this cycle as its starting to frustrate me which can't be good. I just like knowing when to expect af. I had a dream last night I had a bump, very weird feeling when I woke up rubbing my tummy!

xx
  • Options
    Well it's starting to look like I'll be the closest for date in the end hah! I predicted Sunday, but I'll probably even go over that. Rubbish! MrsM and Looby still have a chance of being right though.

From ov I'm only 5 days overdue, but that's still pretty overdue. The early private scan confirmed that date, and every subsequent scan has had a different edd, but all earlier because she was such a fatty.
  • Options
    hey ladies image

still no BA's! come on babies!!! lol

Mrsm - i always peed in a pot for ov testing, better coverage on the stick. Hubs was grossed out at my pee pot at the back of the toiler though! ha ha. i just said to him needs must! ha ha

xxxx
  • Options
    Morning Ladies image

Squeezed good luck at the mw today. I hope she has some good news for you.

Kels I have a pot hidden in the bathroom now, its in a draw with my period stuff which he won't go in :lol:

I have decided it is my pee that is weird (well I'm talking about pee so I guess that makes me weird too image ) as all the sticks this week have gone a bit funny and hours later are more clear. It'll be right, I am filled with positivity this morning image

xx
  • Options
    MrsM - i have one of those drawers as well lol - dh darent go in there!! :lol:
  • Options
    happy birthday MrsM! Is it today you're off out skating and shopping? Hope you manage to cajole hubby into buying you lots of nice things!

Not at the midwife until tomorrow, but yes hopefully she'll have some good news for me, as I'm going to opt for the sweep (even though the thought of it makes me cringe!).
  • Options
    angie - hope you keep getting better quickly,

MrsM - happy birthday, I used to have a pot hidden in the bathroom behind the toilet, hubs didn't even notice it till I used it for pregnancy tests. Then he realised it was a great idea as we could do two tests with fmu.

squeezed - I'm hoping I'm not as overdue as I predicted its 4 days after they're talking about inducing. I hope it doesn't take that long, though I guess they could be really busy and put me off for a few days though the registrar was insistent they weren't going to do that, maybe I'll get more definite dates today at the midwife's I've got a sweep this afternoon unless things don't go to plan.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday MrsM!!!! Hope you have a lovely day image

It seems to be the week of weird pee sticks, as I'm sure mine should have been a Peak this morning as there was a definite two lines, but it was bit blurred and still came up a High, grr! I've been using a pot for a while and it does usually stop this but I'm sure I've had a few dud ones in this pack, but as I've not used my CBFM for a couple of months I'm not entirely sure!

Hope there's a BA from MN today, poor thing!! All this time she's been worried about Gracie make an early appearance and now its time for her to come she doesn't want to! :lol:

Clalee & Squeezed, every day's a step closer and I'm sure your bubbas will surprise you when you least expect it x

Angie, hope you're feeling much better today x

Hey to everyone else!! x x x
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Just popped on the see if we have any labours starting and to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to MrsM, hope you have a lovely day.

Hope you're all ok?

And Vickster & MrsM I hope the pee sticks stop going weird for you both, very annoying when that happens!

xxxxx.
  • Options
    Afternoon ladies,

Happy birthday MrsM, have a lovely day.

I also had a pee pot (well, it was a cleaned nutella glass that we kept in the bathroom!) Hubs really didn't bother even asking!

I hope MN gets to meet baby gracie today, she's been at it for ages bless her.

Squeezedd and Clalee, I hope you both get a natural start to labour, and its soon.

Hi Looby, hows the pregnancy going?

Vickster, not long now til your hospital appointment, how are you feeling about it?

Jenjen, if you're hovering about, great news about your bloods and yay for having a summer baby.

Well we got some compensation from dreams! They offered us ??40 back, which is a little over 10% which refunds the delivery and a little bit of the bed cost, but looks like we'll defo not be getting it before 8th Dec. They offered us ??80 of Dreams vouchers as an alternative to the cash, but theres no way we're buying from them again so I took the cash.

Nursery furniture came on tues too, minus 2 boxes, which were redelivered at lunch today so i'll get a picture on here & fb at some point this weekend. We're washing the baby clothes this weekend too, i'm so excited!

Saw one of the 3 clients I have who are pregnant at the minute today, and she's 10 days ahead of me, and her baby has only just turned! Seems its no where near as active as my little madam, and i'm hoping it doesn't mean she's going to be an uber fidget once she arrives! She's also been head down since about 22 weeks, so i'm hoping its a good sign and she actually wants to come out.

• Options
    Happy birthday mrsm

cbfm question mine has given me highs (2 lines for 3 days now) will the lines change soon? I'm cd 16 I think it was

thought there might have been a BA or 2 or 3

big waves to everyone
  • Options
    Still no BA, come onnnn babies xxx

Appt letter came today, wooohoooo, will ring tomorrow and hope they can fit me in soon into the new year, made my day!!

Have Macmillan fundraiser tomorrow and staying over so won't be back til sat

I had better see some BA!!!!

Happy b day, mm

Hello to everyone else xx
  • Options
    Hi lovelies,

Sorry I've been mia- been poorly. image

Just a super quick post to say happy birthday mrsm!

Catch up properly soon.

Love to all. X x
  • Options
    haha chic I reckon the only BA you'll be coming back to is MNs, and she was induced on Tuesday! It's been aaaaages. Great news about the appt letter, it'll be cool if they can fit you in soon. It'd be a great start to 2012!

Lib I'm afraid my little lady has also always been head down, quite literally from the 12 week scan as far as I can tell, and she's still a lazy cow who's too comfy! Well done on the cash from Dreams too. I don't blame you for taking the cash over the vouchers either!

Vickster that's annoying if the sticks are playing games. Maybe it'll give you a peak tomorrow? Either way, bding is on the cards!

41+1 midwife appt in the morning. I'm taking hubs so he can ask questions about induction and things too and be part of the decision. Part of me is so fed up of being in pain every time I walk more than 100 metres that I'd opt for it, but I'm not keen on the stories that it hurts so much more and generally more intervention is needed. And going on the drip means I couldn't get in the birthing pool. I know I'd be offered daily monitoring to check the placenta isn't breaking down or anything, but if that means living in hospital then it's a bit pointless! Also I don't want to put baby at risk just because I'm not keen on something. Dilemma! Anyway, I'm going to ask for a sweep in the morning too. Makes me cringe but whatever works..
  • Options
    Morning ladies,

Squeezedd, i was hoping it'd mean a swift baby exit on time, but if your lady is lazy, god help mine! Hope the sweep gets things going!

Chic, yay for the referral letter!

Rachey, sorry you've been poorly, I have too. I think its this time of year that does it.

Vickster, hope your peak is round the corner.

Still no B.A's??? wow these autumn/winter babies really don't want to move do they? x