Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Options
    I came off the pill 1st sept; I just decided at the age of 39 it's now or never but never thought how hard it would be trying to get back to normal cycles! and it's only month 2!!

enjoy your roast! I will! lol
  • Options
    Af got me, rubbish, had a wee glimmer of hope this month as I was a day late but it was not meant to be, at least I can drink on my works Xmas do now and we both have our appts in dec so at least the ball is rolling, come on bfp in 2012!!!!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear AF got you xxChic image Big hugs to you and fingers crossed for a 2012 BFP. xx

Carioke - I came off the pill in 2009 as kept putting off TTC and wasn't sure how long it would take my cycles to return to normal so have a pretty good idea now of what my cycles are like. Hope you get your BFP soon! image xx
  • Options
    Thats rubbish about af chic, but at least your appointment isn't far away and you may finally get some answers to why things aren't happening. What date in dec is it? are you on countdown yet?

I have to get my hormone profiles re-done my Gp (not very bright at all things fertility) did 2/3 day and 21 day bloods in separate cycles. So I've got until around dec 5 until the first test (also testing AMH as Gp didn't do this either)then day 21 will be a few days before christmas. The sad act I am I'm counting down days until they're done!!! not sure if I should wait an extra day for the cd21 test though as my cycles vary from 29-32 days....

Dotty... you've made me laugh with your posts about not symptom spotting and listing a whole load of different symptoms you've had this month :lol: Welcome back by the way. Sounds like things are going well for you and that the break away from here did you good.

Welcome to the thread carioke
  • Options
    Wibble - I can't help it, lol!!!! I don't think I'll ever change!!!! I think as long as I'm claiming not to be symptom spotting, I'm not jinxing anything!!!image I feel like I can't actually say anything outloud to hubby or friends incase I look silly if it all amounts to nothing!! I'm officially a basket case!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be back!! xx
  • Options
    Thanks wibblewobble1,

I think I've become addicted to this site! loving getting to know you all and your journey's. the support and advice from everyone stops you from going mad! :lol:
  • Options
    We've also got a FB page going now too, it's not just girls from this thread,theres about 60 members on it so loads more people to ask crazy questions to and get advice from, this thread is actually pretty quiet now compared to what it used to be
  • Options
    Squeezed- huge congratulations to you both, I said you'd be first

Rachy - yay for your little mouse

I'm off to read the next page.
  • Options
    Chic - boo to af, cc for that 2012 bfp.

Hi carioke - good luck.

Db- good luck to you too. I have. A feeling i'm in for a long week too we can count down together.

I'm still full of cold I have a preg friendly nasal spray but, it's no where near as good as the others, apparently being close to due date they could cause problems with bubs breathing post-birth though so I'll keep avoiding them. Hopefully I'll get rid of it quickly, or at least just get back to only having a cough, I can cope with that it's just the congestion that's getting to me. I wonder what I could take for it whilst bf'ing?
  • Options
    hey everyone!

Rachey - congrats on being a mouse!! Apparently i'm a plum just now according to my app!!

Squeezed - CONGRTULATIONS!! Love the name too.

Clalee - hope baby shows his face soon and its quick like squeezed!

DB - Welcome back!! Thanks for the congrats, am 11 weeks now so countdown is on to scan day! Am absolutely shitting myself to be honest! Hope the symptoms turn out to be a bfp!

Chic - sorry af got u, that sucks. Hope all goes well with docs, not too long to wait.

WW - hope test day comes soon for u too. I had long cycles so 21 day bloods showed no ov so had them done at 28 and it was positive.

Carioke - welcome! My cycles took 13 months to settle after the pill so hope yours are much quicker!

As for me Ive been feeling fine which was worrying me (as I'm a crazy person) and yesterday and today I've felt awful! Guess thats what I get for moaning about being fine. Will be 12 weeks on friday so scan next week - ahhhhh! image
  • Options
    Dotty- I def had back ache early on.. Hope this week doesn't drag too much for you!

Chic- sorry af arrived, and that she was late. That's cruel getting your hopes up like that. image

Ww- count down to tests is fair enough I think- it's another step on the road to bfp!

Carioke- welcome!

Clalee- hope your cold and cough go soon- you could do with some sleep now...

Sue- can't believe you're almost 12 weeks! Mind you, can't believe I'll be 20 weeks either! I am counting down to scan with you as I think we're on the same day. It's also my friend's 20 week scan! Hopefully all will be grand with our bubbas and it will be a very fine day indeed!

I have woken up with a stinky cold and headache this morning. Think my immune system really must be bug&ered as I had that tummy bug last week too. Hope this doesn't continue!

Have a good day everyone anyway.

X x
  • Options
    Rachey - what day is your scan? I've not booked one yet but will hopefully get one next week.

Finally spoke to a mw today!! Only taken 8 weeks! Going in on wed to talk about the scan and the tests and what's involved.

Did u all have the nuchal? I know squeezed didn't just wondered about the rest of u?
  • Options
    Morning ladies,

Yay squeezedd! can't wait to hear about the superfast birth.

Clalee, hopefully you'll be following suit shortly.

Sue, yay for finally speaking to the midwife. We had the nuchal but said that if we came up high risk we wouldn't go for the amnio because of the risk of miscarriage.

Rachey, yay for being almost 20 weeks. 20-30 weeks will absolutely fly by!

I woke up with a chesty cough this morning too, so I hope i'll not be coughing too heavily today otherwise i'll end up with my head in the loo all day.

Had some strong braxtons last night after some bow chica wow wow with the hubs, was very strange! Then woke up in the middle of the night and I had leaked colostrom all over the bedsheets, which wasn't a nice feeling. Do any of you now sleep in tshirts because of this? x
  • Options
    Morning Ladies

Chic Squeezed was right with the date and Looby was closest with the weight. Boooo to af, I did wonder if you were late when I saw your ticker yesterday morning. Big hugs, fc for a 2012 BFP image

Rachey hubs didn't actually get me a birthday present, he took e shopping on Saturday and I got a few bits. Couldn't find everything I wanted which is always the case when I have money to spend. Yay for your little mouse, can't believe you are nearly 20 weeks! I hope you feel better soon hun.

DB I hope the week doesn't drag for you. Where are you suppose to be going on holiday?

Carioke welcome, hope those are good signs for you.

Ww how annoying to have to have the tests re-done. Not sure what you should do about the cd21 bloods, I suppose there wouldn't be too much harm in waiting a day.

Clalee I hope you are feeling better this morning and managed to get some sleep. You never know all the coughing might make bubs want to come out!

Sue yay for finally speaking to a mw, hope they can give you some good info when you see them and you can get your scan booked.

LiB I hope you are feeling better soon and don't spend the day with your head in the loo.

As for me I have had an awful nights sleep as I have had too much going round and round in my head. Hubs and I went for a drive yesterday and while we were chatting ttc came up. He admitted to being really frustrated now as it feels like nothing is happening. I sometimes forget it's frustrating for him too. Really don't want to go back to work today, got to do reviews and tell people off and they usually argue back, it's like having teenagers! Think I ov'd on my birthday but had nothing to confirm it with. I have given up this cycle as I don't think we dtd enough. Sorry for the moan, hope everyone is well.

xx
  • Options
    Hello lovelies!

First things first

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to Squeezed & MN! So pleased all is well with you and your baby girls. Fantastic news to read this morning!

Welcome back DB, good luck for this month. I didnt like to SS either, but generally did. I used to use fertility friend to keep track of all my "symptoms" so i'd know the next month that they were normal for me. I usually ended up making a couple up for good measure too though :lol:

Welcome Carioke! Good luck for your ttc journey, i think between us all on here we've been through pretty much everything, so if you've any questions i'm sure someone will be able to help.

Chic, i'm sorry af got you hun. But yay for your letter coming through. Its a step in the right direction, and that little bit closer to your (very much deserved!) BFP. I can't wait to be reading all about it soon.

Clalee, hope you're ok, even with the cold. FC baby L won't be hanging around much longer, and its good that you've got the plan of action in place ready.

MrsM, glad you had a good birthday. You were brave going ice skating at all, i always hurt so bad afterwards, i haven't been for years :lol:

Rachey, hope you're feeling better soon hun. Being ill sucks!

Sue, yay for feeling a bit rubbish again, not for actually feeling bad, but for it putting your mind at rest. i can't believe you'll be 12 weeks on Friday, thats going so fast. Good luck with the MW and scan. We did have the nuchal scan/test. It wouldn't have affected anything for us, but i'd rather have known the risk (1:1000 for us) so we could be prepared if needed.

LiB, well done on getting the money from Dreams. Don't blame you for not taking the vouchers from them.

Hi to everyone else *waves* sorry if i've missed anything important.

AFM, i was ill on friday with an upset stomach. TBH i think it was a mixture of stress and not sleeping from that, that caused it. Then had a funny turn in the supermarket on saturday and hubs had to order me back to the car to wait for him. Was just so so tired. Starting to pick up again now, but its another thing on the (rather long) list to speak to the MW about next week now. Bubs is still moving around plenty which is a bonus. On a brighter note, i got to go and see my best friend's little boy again over the weekend, he's now 2 weeks old and such a little cutie pie.

And we've started watching the Christmas films, so far we've watched elf and Home Alone 2. Still not done a great deal of shopping, but everything thats left is from the interweb, so going to get it sorted this week.

Hope everyone has a great week.

xxxx.
  • Options
    Rachey - hope you get better soon.

sue - Glad you've finally got a midwife sorted. yep we had the nuchal and the 16 week blood test, we basically went for everything that didn't risk bubs. With my pataus carrier status it seemed sensible. My sister apparently said to my mum the other week she was told if a baby is going to be born with pataus (most miscarry) they're early, so I guess being a week late is just another reason not to worry about that too much.

LiB - yep I spent a while sleeping in a t-shirt and shorts when I was leaking, it seems to have stopped now though.

Don't suppose you fancy sending those braxton hicks this way at least it'd be something. I don't think sex will be on the cards not being able to breathe as well as being huge is a major turn off for both of us.

MrsM - thats what hubs keeps saying one of his friends told him his wifes waters broke when she coughed so he's hoping the same happens to me. I'm still all blocked up, trying to put off a shower/bath until later in the hope I don't feel so bad this evening when hubs is home, he's feeling useless being unable to help get rid of it. I can cope with breathing through my mouth better when I'm not trying to sleep so hopefully I can last a few more hours before it makes me miserable again.

angie - very childish, but if she's not speaking to you you don't have to deal with her, hope they don't cause too many problems.

right I'm back off to bounce on my gym ball, I can't quite face going for a walk like I was planning for starters that would require getting dressed, something I've not yet managed today.
  • Options
    Clalee, have you guys tried it laying on your side? I can't lie flat anymore because of bubs bashing my diaphragm so on the side is much comfier. Either that or some self love as its the orgasm that causes the braxtons because you use all your stomach muscles. image

• Options
    LiB, love that advice! :lol:image:lol:
  • Options
    LiB - yep that's one of the few ways we can cope these days lying on my back is a big no now it hurts far too much and I get pins and needles. Bubs is one big heavy lump but he can't reach my diaghram now he's started to engage he is causing mild spd though just to make up for it, though we decided not to bother with the physio by the time I get an appointment he'll have been evicted. My hips can't cope with me on top, at least not for long. It's that or I'm on all fours, and well I've never found that too pleasurable, even though hubs does.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Love these last few posts, made me chuckle and cheered me up no end!! Takes me back to the old days and our random topics when this thread was fast flowing!!! Gone are the days of whip'n'tops and wham bars!! image

Clalee, maybe a damn hot curry will help get rid of your cold and get your little man movingimage FC you'll have a surprise wuick labour too in a few days x

Squeezed and MissNelly huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your little ladies! More pics please x x x

Sue, glad you finally got through to the midwife and FC you don't have to wait too long for your scan!!

Chic, sorry AF got you hun, but yay for getting both your appts through and for a 2012 BFP for both of us x x x

MrsM lots of ladies on here got caught on months they thought they hadn't DTD enough, so FC!! Glad you had a lovely birthday x x x

Welcome back dottyb and hi to carioke, hope your stays are short and sweet in the nicest possible way x x x

Looby, sounds like you need to start slowing down a little hun! Take good care of yourself!

Hellos to anyone else i've missed x x x

Bricking it big time about our appt on Thurs, soooo hope they've got a quick fix for hubs and they don't say ivf is our only hope! Not sure i'm strong enough to go through with it, feeling very emotionally fragile at the minute image