Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 3

Replies

• Options

All sounds good babydreamer! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

I'm doing ok thanks... Not on strict bed rest now but am told not to do too much... Rest as much as possible, no lifting or bending, no going out in the heat for long etc. The meds make me feel a bit rough but needs must... I feel a bit sad that I can't say i've enjoyed the pregnancy at all but at the end of the day it'll all be worth it!! Just looking forward to getting the pregnancy over with & meeting this little guy! 

• Options

Awe SW2, I know. Pregancy is not for whimps, and when you've been through what we have its an extra long marathon. it won't be too much longer to see your little man. I know it has made me appt wit being pregnancy more than must. Sure my back is sore, and it's uncomfortable to sleep, and hard to shave my legs etc... But I have a little one growing. I hear others complain about the silliest things. Try to focus on the end! Your LO will is due right around the corner right? 

• Options

Hello ladies

I've been reading through these posts and want to wish you all the best of luck.

I lost twins at 9 weeks in 2012, then I went on to have 4 chemicals. After way too many tests I was told chances of me conceiving naturally were slim to none. I was utterly heartbroken. In the end my partner and I decided to stop trying, we knew we would get our baby when fate wanted us to. Anyway I ended up falling pregnant again, every day was a nightmare. I constantly worried I'd loose our rainbow baby. But..I didn't. now I'm mummy to a perfect 4 month old boy. Never give up hope. You'll all get your gorgeous little ones soon enough.   

• Options

Yes babydreamer i'm due sept 25th... Can say 'next month' now!! 54 days & counting! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Rj90. Thanks for sharing

• Options

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this thread since starting to miscarry on Saturday at 10 weeks with my first. The lovely Danielle recommended this thread image Absolutely gutted and heartbroken but I will not give up for a healthy baby next time. Have any of you any tips on thinking positive and when to start again Ttc? Xx 

• Options

Hi vicki... Sorry to hear of your loss... You have definitely come to the right place for support & advice. We have all sadly been through similar experiences so if you have any questions or worries just ask any questions you need & if you need to just share your feelings... That ok too as we all understand the emotional rollercoaster that comes with mc.

as for your initial questions... when to start trying again. Most doctors want you to wait until you have had 1 period post mc so that when you do become pregnant again, they will be able to accurately date the pregnancy. This isn't however medically necessary if you wish to start trying again before your furst period.... The only caveat to that is that you need to have completely stopped bleeding / spotting before having sex again as until then the cervix is open a little / you are not fully healed & risk infection. ultimately what is most important in deciding when to try again is when you & your partner feel ready (physically & emotionally). 

As for thinking positively... It is shown in research that having 1 mc does not increase your chances at all of having a second... So you have at least a 75% chance that your next pregnancy will be successful. I think accepting the fact that you will be scared& you will get emotional during ttc again & a future pregnancy is important... If you prepare for this & understand that it is normal then you will be able to cope better when you do get pregnant again. Another tip is get as much info as you can to understand whats going on with your body... Many women have a sense of being utterly out of control of their bodies after a Mc so trying to figure this out as much as possible can help. I personally found it helpful to use opk's to understand how my cycle was getting back to normal post mc. 

Hope this helps!

• Options

That's fabulous SW2! You have almost completed the marathon. 

Thabks for sharing RJ

hi Vicki. Sorry for your loss. There is no question that's too tmi for us. We're here for you. Remember that if and when you get your next period it's a good healthy sign. I would like to add that I would be sure to have a false preganancy test before trying for a BFP. You don't want to mistake old hormones from your MC as a BFP. It's terribly gutting not knowing if it was a chemical preganancy or old hormones from before. As when you decide to ttc again it's totally up to you. SW is right on about her info. 

• Options

Very good point about testing until you get a negative first babydreamer... Forgot about that but that is so important for the reasons you explain.

• Options

So I haven't posted in a while, I'm in the tww now and I'm already symptom spotting. I figured I ov'd sometime between the 25th and 30th July and I am noticing slightly tender breasts when I take my bra off at the end of the day, some pretty bad headaches and starting to feel some stretching or cramp-like feelings. Who knows though, definitely don't want to get my hopes up. It's just so hard to trust or know your body again after mc. Not easy at all. Hopefully AF stays away and this is my month. Hope everyone else is well. x

• Options

Good luck philly

• Options

Good luck, PhillyW

• Options

Good luck philly! Fingers crossed. 

• Options

Hey I juSt got my bfp! Totally shocked & scared after the last time image feel like I cant be excited worried about chemicals an everything im such a paranoia xx

• Options

Thanks everyone, AF due on the 13th so I'll definitely hold off testing til after the 13th. My breasts are steadily getting more tender and I've been having some dull crampy feelings, lots of dizziness but all of this could easily be AF symptoms too (although a little early) so trying to stay cool and collected about it all. It's hard to know. Thanks for the support. x

• Options

Also, congratulations teetee! It must be nerve-wracking, best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy. 

• Options

Hey everyone 

haven't been on for a while. Hope your all well. got a question!! 

Since having my ERPC my first period was 27days them second period 33days. But the pains that come with these periods are awful and painful and my periods are so heavy that I'm always changing. I'm being sent for a scam Saturday to ensure everything is fine but just wondering did anyone suffer the same after having a miscarriage. my periods was light before and hardly no cramps xx 

• Options

Hi T28, the period after my mc was pretty miserable. It was much heavier and incredibly painful cramps and lasted a few days longer. I was told and have read that this is completely normal in  the months after mc. 

• Options

I've had 2 periods since my miscarriage and they have been both awful image 

my stomach is always bloated. I was lucky I never suffered with periods before 

• Options

Thank you pw1 hope its all ok this time!!

also I had all those same symptoms as you and just fort af was on her way she was due yday! Good luck image) xx

• Options

It doesn't sound nice, I have only had one and am in the tww at the moment. However, I can understand I was in a lot of pain and discomfort but do rest assured that this can be the case for a few months until your body settles down again. Mc is so traumatic on our bodies. I hope things manage to settle down for you soon and you can get a bit of reassurance from your doctors.