Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I ovulating? Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hey ladies. 

Yup had day 21 progesterone checked all seemed fine. Have not had day 2. What's that for? 

Nelly what is SMEP? 

I've booked myself a reflexology session on Tuesday so hopefully that will relax me during my fertile days. 

Xx

• Options

Sperm Meets Egg Plan, its quite useful and suggests we bd every other day from day 6 until positive opk when we should bd for 3 days in a row, skip a day then bd again. Its worth a read although i dont follow it myself as we try not to have a bd routine/schedule. 

Aw that sounds like a good idea, best to be nice and relaxed x

• Options

Well been re scanned and the babies sac is still firmly attached and fairly big:/ although I'm spotting and loosing small amounts of blood I'm still not miscarrying it's a nightmare! I tell you if this baby still had a heart beat it would of stayed firmly stuck!!! Typical!

I can't believe how many people miscarry I've been booked in for the operation but they are fully booked until a week tomorrow!! At least it gives me another 8 days to hope it comes away naturally. I just want to get ttc again! However my consultant said I don't have to wait after a surgical procedure said we can crack on!! I was quite surprised by that:) It will take 12 weeks for the results though from the conception samples to see if it was a genetic problem😖 That's such a long wait:/

Days 2 bloods measure levels of fsh/LH 

it checks wether there is a good ovarian reserve in the ovarys and that the hormonal system leading to their release is intact. It's taken on the second of your cycle LH & FSH are hormones that stimulate the eggs development and release. Higher levels may cause a problem if you have polysystic  syndrome for example or cause anovulatory cycles!

Hope this helps x

• Options

Thank you mma that's helped maybe I should ask for a day 2 bloods. 

What a nightmare for you bless you. Hope the process is made as easy as possible by your body. Xx

• Options

Aw no really sorry to hear it mma! Such an awful experience. Sending big hugs. 

My AF is really light again 😕 I put last months light af down to maybe a little bit of stress and thought this one would be back to normal. Not sure if its something or nothing to be worried about x

• Options

Q. Could my very light periods be a sign of infertility?

A. If your periods are regular and around 28 days apart, and if your hormone blood tests have shown that you are ovulating, the fact that you have light periods does not make you any less likely to conceive than someone with heavier periods. A hormone blood test is a simple procedure which your GP can arrange.

For you nelly xxx

• Options

I'm booked in for a D&C next Friday so I'm desperately hoping this sac detatatches in the meantime! Don't worry about AF nelly it just adds to your stress of ttc! You could get day 2 & 21 bloods done to put your mind at ease:) x

• Options

Hi ladies! Hope you are all well. 

How are you mma? Anything happened? 

Nelly, did your AF arrive properly? And daisy, I hope your session went well. 

I'm on CD 13.. Yesterday, I had ewcm like ive never had it properly before, it's always been cloudy. I was surprised to see it so we bd yesterday and today too. I'm like 70% that I'm ovulating because my boobs have become sore and they havent been sore this early only normally coming up to ovulation. It's hard to tell when my cycles have been different. I did check my cervix yesterday and it was soft and high, I could barely feel I've checked it tonight and now it's dropped and become firm which also makes me question if I've ovulated or not because after ovulation, your cervix slightly drops and becomes firm again. Although, everyone is different.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. 

X

• Options

Good luck babydust🍀 All bleeding (if u can call it that!) has stopped so guessing it's a D&C when I can be fitted in:( I'm over 12 weeks now so gone on far too long!

• Options

Mma.good luck. Hope it's goes smoothly as possible!! Xx

Went Dr's with hub today and they gave him a semen analysis kit and said wait for the hospital to call you and the Dr booked me a referral for a scan. Finally!! He warned me that it might be a camera insertion in the vagina. He was like I'm giving you the heads up. Lol. 

Anyway I did an ov test at 5.30am and it was negative. I did one at 1.30pm and there was a faint 2nd line. We dtd this morning and will do again tomorrow I think. I'm sure one of the million sperms that enter will catch the egg if released. 

My reflexology app is tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that relaxing session. 

Xx

• Options

Well ladies no natural mc for me:/

All booked in for a D&C tomorrow at midday😬

Upside we should be good to start ttc again in about 4 wks after first AF:) Poor hubby I've a stash of opks at the ready😂!!!

Gynea consultant appointment came through for April considering we are in March next week that isn't too longer wait:) 

Feeling positive(ish!!) about the future😊

How are you ladies today? Xxx

• Options

Fingers crossed daisy.

Oh really mma? I bet you can't wait to get back ttc. It must be very frustrating for you. I'd say yesterday was my last of ewcm, I had a tiny bit we bd anyway. Can't say I can really track my cm now with bd I find it hard to tell the difference. I'm feeling hopefully anyway. I will still keep an eye on it though because I can't confirm I have ovulated. Just wish my cycles were regular. Yes I can't believe how fast 2016 has gone already! 

How are you nelly? X

• Options

Hi ladies, sorry been so busy, finally have some time off work woohoo, how is everyone?

How did it go at the hospital mma, sorry to hear it didnt happen naturally for you 😔

Ooh sounds like you got your bd in at the right times babydustx, hows the 2ww? 

Hope all goes well at the docs daisy, hopefully all test come back fine and your mind is put to ease. 

Im in fertile window now, doing opks but no positive yet x

• Options

Hey nelly all good here:) D&C was last Friday felt OK since. My bleeding started yesterday finally even the D&C didn't cause any!! Still getting strong positive pg tests/ovulation tests I'm hoping by mid-end next week everything will be out of my system:)

So week after next will probably start ttc again:) Not going to try too hard though as ideally I wouldn't want to fall pg until I've had one AF and know I'm all back to normal. 

Hope you have some luck this cycle ladies🍀🍀🍀

• Options

Sounds good mma. Fingers crossed nelly and for all of us.

I have terrible breast pain, I normally have this every cycle but this one they are horrendous so do you think this could be a sign? It seems like I can feel now breast tissue than normal like they are swollen a little bit. Hope you are all having a good day and ready for the weekend. 🙋🏼 X

• Options

Babydust when pg mine swell only slightly but the sides of boobs where the bra wire sits really aches and nipples go red/darker brownie colour and white spots on them!! 

• Options

It'll soon come around mma, definitely a good idea to give your body a chance to get back to normal. 

Oooh could be a good sign babydustx! Any other symptoms? What cd are you? 

Oh btw my af never got heavy but i had a docs appointment so quickly mentioned it and they put it down to hormones and told me not to worry!!! 😊 x

• Options

Nelly I read only super heavy AFs are a problem as that can be polycystic ovaries/endometriosis light ones are nice and normal:) I'm light to medium and only bleed for 3 days on & off.

Really need some bfps here!! I'm hoping from April-summer for mine:) x

• Options

Hi girls, hope you have had a lovely weekend.. My AF showed today, so 26days. I did calculate my ovulation correctly to which shows in getting more use to my body. My last was 55 Days! So strange. 

I'm getting frustrated, we bd'd at the right time. Is making me feel so low now. Im trying my hardest not to get annoyed but it's so hard. I just want to do things naturally. X

• Options

Aw nooo babydustx, its so hard to keep positive when its not happening. Hope youre okay. It will happen. Good things are worth the wait. AF will soon be over and you can have another go at it. Wish there was an easier way though 😥

Yeah did worry a little with lighter AFs but suppose i should look at it as a positive ha.

Still no positive opk but lines were darker today so think it'll be tomorrow x