Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 11

Replies

• Options

Thanks butterfly I had the last bit come out yesterday and now I've stopped bleeding I think something must have retained but it came away yesterday and th pan has stoppedg ev nowI  :) 

seeing everything come away was a lit harder than I thought it was going to be..at first I was just happy to not have to stay at hospitl for the day but then that night I realised that my baby wouldn't get the send off with the others miscarrid babies at the hospital Iike I had wanted but instead went down the toilet 

that was a hard day but I'm doing better now just gotta bet through Monday now as that would have been my scan and safe point 12 weeks 

• Options

MrsRees I've always had the same thoughts with my early losses :/ It's so hard but you sound like you are feeling positive which is great:)

As my little boy was born in hospital at 51/2 months the only thing that stopped me going insane with guilt leaving him behind was another baby boy was born asleep and they were together in a room. We had a funeral of 5 babies together and he's scattered on a rose bed in the cemetery behind my house:) I go and say hello frequently:)

Why don't you buy yourself a reminder of your little bean my husband got me this it's beautiful ( see piccie below)and then when you are pg again it's like you've not forgotten your last bean.

Hugs to you xxx

• Options

Missmyangels that ornament is so lovely, it bought a tear to my eye. Do you know where its from? xx 

• Options

Missmyangels, your husband picked the perfect symbol to mark your loss, how lovely. 

Thank you for your comments and thoughts on my situation, it's really helpful to compare and get advice from people in similar situations. 

MrsRees, glad to hear your bleeding has settled, what you described earlier did sound worrying. 

The medical management didnt start anything for me. With a heavy heart I am booked for surgical on Monday. They have agreed to do it under ultrasound guidance, so hopefully this will make it a little safer and ensure they  get everything first time. 

I had to put in a complaint about a member of staff at the hospital. I overheard a doctor and sonographer talking about my notes (in an office with the door open) the sonographer said she "didn't understand why these woman bothered taking the medical management route when they obviously just wanted surgical in the first place." the way she said it was so judgmental and dismissive. I stormed into the office and corrected her, she tried to say she wasn't talking about me but later apologised. She really upset me. As if this shit isn't hard enough to deal with. 

• Options

That's awful Sarah.... yeah cos if we had a choice we wouldnt be there at all!!!!! What a cow! 

• Options

Sarah that's disgusting behaviour 😡 I waited 3 weeks in desperation that my miscarriage would happen naturally but placenta continued to grow! They tried the tablets , about 6 hours later I lost a small amount of blood then nothing else I was re scanned and absolutely nothing had come away but I wanted to try b4 surgery as surgery has its risks!

They have no right to an opinion on our personal situations I hope she gets dealt with.

• Options

Loose they are hand made by a wonderful lady I think in America put in a beautiful box with your babies name and DOB on it I will ask hubby how he ordered it:) xxx

• Options

Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear that Sarah people are so disrespectful of these things....they probably see this sort of thing everyday but they still don't understand the heartbreak of going through it 

thats a great idea mma I think I will look into it....I looked at the Chinese Callander gender prediction thing and it said the baby would have been a boy so I'm thinking of finding something special as a rememberance 

• Options

Ah that would be great thanks. Such a beautiful idea 😊 Xxx 

• Options

Loose

google "The midnight orange" this lady is in the USA her gifts are amazing ❤️

• Options

imageimage

Website should look like piccies above:)

• Options

I've just been on there for a look and it's so lovely! Do you know if she ships to the UK? xx 

• Options

Ahhhhh that post just made me sad 😭 what beautiful little things.... I bought a tea light butterfly spinner after mine. I love butterflies and the day I came home from hospital I heard a noise and looked at my bedroom blinds and a butterfly was hammering to get out. I firmly believe my bubba was sending me a sign. I have never had a butterfly in the house before xxx

• Options

Hello ladies, not posted for a while. Sorry to hear of the recent losses, hope everyone is doing okay 🤗 

Just an update on my ttc journey, kind of need some advice of some sort. 

My periods started to last 14-16 days of light scanty bleeding then on about the 15th day of the last period, I began to flood and pass huge black clots. I went to the hospital and they confirmed I was not pregnant and that I have a hormonal imbalance... anyway I was prescribed transexamic acid to control the bleeding and clots for max 4 days then norethisterone (progesterone) 5mg for 14 days to halt the flooding. I stopped taking the norethisterone on the 18th and was told to expect a heavy withdrawal bleed in 2-3 days so this morning the heavy bleed came, but more like extreme flooding with pain every 5 minutes similar to contractions in early labour with the hard abdomen. I'm feel weak and extremely emotional. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else on here experienced the bleed after norethisterone? If so were your symptoms similar to mine and when did your bleeding subside? 

P.S I have a transvaginal ultrasound booked for the 1st June. I also have an 8mm cyst on my right ovary (last time I was scanned in Nov 2016) 

❤️

• Options

Yes Loose I'm in Kent in the UK :)

elexox sounds awful hun poor you :(

Get yourself to the gp and ask for help or hopefully your scan will reveal a cause that can be sorted.

Nobody should have to put up with bleeding that way each cycle and be carefull you don't end up with anaemia with such heavy flow. Fingers crossed you are sorted very soon xxx

• Options

MMA thank you. Yes of course, I supplement liquid iron and folic acid as directed by doctor. The pain is pretty intense atm, reminding me of my teen periods (they were horrendous). If it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'll go to the doctors. Hopefully this is the start of everything getting back to normal after such a terrible 6 months ☹️ Completely put me off ttc. 😪 I just want a normal bloody cycle - excuse the pun 😂 xXx

• Options

Hey Elexox, how are you feeling? i was prescribed norethisterone for inducing a bleed rather than halting one as I'd been 4 months post ERPC and no AF.

once I finished my course it was about 6 days until I had a bleed. Quite normal im comparison to my bleeds before the miscarriage but only lasted a couple of days  I was expected carnage since I haven't bled for so long.

i bought a digital clear blue ovulation machine (quite expensive but does it all for you) its just told me I've had my peak days ending yesterday so me and the hubby have been dtd like crazy!! Into my 2ww now so fingers crossed.

hows everyone else doing? Xxxxxx

• Options

Hey momcat, 

Saw a doctor yesterday, she said this whole flood/clotting thing is quite normal with norethisterone withdrawal bleeds and to come back if the bleed is still ridiculous.

Thankfully I'm feeling much better, it's settled down now to a medium flow (sorry tmi lol). I'm not on any hormones now so hopefully everything is tickety boo in there now. The doctor told me to count this as the begging of my new cycle so I'm on CD4 now.

She also referred me to see a gynae... HALLELUJAH finally! But the appt is not until 8th August 🙄 Sigh! But at least that appointment is made I guess! My internal scan is next week also so hoping I've stopped bleeding completely by then, althought they say it doesn't matter if you are. 

Oooo that's good stuff for you then... Finger and toes crossed for you! STICKY BABY DUST to you!!!! 🤞🏼💗

I think I'm going to go with the "itl'l happen when it happens" approach again all the temping and OPKs messed my head too much haha 😬

Hope everyone else is ok too!

Lots of Love to you all

xXx 

• Options

I've finally finished bleeding but have been given strict instructions not to get pregnant until after my first period for dating and to make sure everything out of my system and my body back to normal 

im kinda hating it though I just want to get back to trying again..I understand the importance of waiting but I just want to be start trying again :/ anyone else felt like this?? 

• Options

Hey mrsrees

I so get that feeling, I wanted to ignore doctors advice too but you really shouldn't they say thsee things for a good reason as I'm sure you've been told...

Of course there's people who fall pregnant again without af and have healthy babies but personally I just don't think it's worth the risk. I fell again after 1 period and then ended up with a chemical pregnancy ☹️ In hindsight I wish I'd waited for my body to regulate properly again. I'm going to wait for another 2 periods after this withdrawal bleed. That chemical messed me up even more than I already was 😩 Sorry if I come across mean but I really wish I'd have waited x