Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC - feels like it’s just not happening, nearing previous EDD 😢

Replies

• Options

Hi Annie. What time of tests do they do? Im due AF on Saturday and if shows her face making docs Appointment next week but so nervous. 

• Options

I’m lying in bed right now in floods of tears because i can tell AF is going to start. It’s just getting me so down and upset and finding it harder and harder to put on brave face. DH is very private and doesn’t want me telling people we are struggling. I didn’t want to tell people initially either but I’m struggling to keep it together. Can’t stop crying and feel like Ive failed if need to go to doctors. DH is so supportive and desperate for a baby too but I think no matter how understanding they are they don’t get the physical ache for a baby then physical deep sadness inside when your period starts. Sorry for big post just feel so confused 

• Options

OJ I can complete relate, I feel so isolated and feel like all this pressure is building up because no one knows what we are going through. We've agreed to go to the docs after this cycle now. We still won't tell anyone what's going on unless we are put forward for IVF in which case I'll tell my parents. I cry most days too and feel like my life is stuck. Sick to death of constant baby talk and people being so insensitive around the subject. How do people not understand not everyone can just fall pregnant at the drop of a hat! Sorry for the rant!! 

• Options

I get it too. It’s really hard. One minute I cry for the babies I’ve lost and the next minute for the one that I’m so desperate for. I can’t even ttc at the moment. Hopefully can in 2 months- just an issue with my platelets in my blood from my last mc. Hopefully it’s all settling down. 

My hubby is great but I know he doesn’t feel it in the same way, which I’m glad of because I don’t want him to feel sad, but it’s really, really hard for a woman. 

Big hugs to you.xxx

• Options

sorry to hear about your loss, bigs hugs to all you ladies x

i had a miscarriage at 9wks3dys. had my first midwife appointment on the friday, saturdy afternoon i began bleeding heavily. went for emergency scan and no heartbeat. i've been kicking myself ever since, wondering what i could of done different. 

these things happen & we have no idea why. thought are with rainbow babies! lot of baby dust to you ladies xxx

• Options

TD92, I’m very sorry for your loss. Fingers crossed for these rainbow 🌈 babies.xxxx

• Options

Hi. So went to doctors today. She couldn’t have been nicer. ive been referred for day 21 blood tests and my husband for a sperm count test. We are also being referred to local fertility clinic to discuss option of checking if my Fallopian tubes are blocked x 

• Options

The sense of relief I feel just discussing it with someone is so good. 

• Options

Oj, that’s really good. Imglad it’s made you feel better.xx

• Options

So pleased that your doctor was helpful OJ and I bet it's a relief knowing you're now moving forward! I'm due AF next week so once she makes an appearance I'll book a docs appointment too. 

• Options

Hi Lacey, lovely to hear from you again, and other ladies. Day 8 of my cycle. Getting some fertility ultrasounds to make sure no blocks or bumps in my uterus tomorrow. I really hope there isn't anything wrong, and I really hope I have a baby during this cycle. :) 

How is everyone else doing? 

• Options

Hi annie how did your ultra sound go? 

I'm 9dpo a feels like AF is on her way. 

• Options

So AF now a day late but done a test this morning and was negative. Was expecting it as do t feel any different but just hate way our body plays tricks!

• Options

Hi Lacey, things went okay. Ultrasound was painful, but that is just me. They seem to have been something they were not too sure about, but refused to let me in on their theory till a report is officially done by the radiologist. I heard them discussing something but could not hear a word over my huffing. My doctor's appointment earliest to discuss the results is on november 13, but I paid extra money to access these reports as soon as they are done, hopefully by Thursday this week. 

How is everything with you? how many days of the cycle are you and when is AF due?

• Options

Annie that's so frustrating you have to wait for the results! Try not to over worry yourself, im sure if they saw something really bad they wouldn't wait to tell you so dont over stress yet! 

I'm CD23 AF due Friday although will probably start sptoying weds/thurs. Nothing to suspect pregnancy but focusing on booking a docs appointment. 

OJ our bodies are very cruel at playing sticks on us which is why I ignore everything now. Just out of curiosity does everyone judge AF due date by DPO or legnth of cycles? My AF ALWAYS comes 14dpo so I go by that. 

• Options

I go by length of cycle because I still can’t work out when I ovulate! I did opk this month for the first time but my grandad died on cd12 and I havent done one since 😢! Last cycle was 24 days so ill be due af anytime from Friday.

• Options

Aw missymoo, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My condolences, I understand the pain you must feel. I just have sex every alternate days, as I don't want to waste money on ovulation kits if possible. 

• Options

Thanks Annie, that’s very kind of you! where are you at in your cycle now? 

lacey how about you? Anything happening yet?

🤞🤞🤞 

• Options

So im now 5 days late and not tested again. Got a really bad cold and wondering if that is cause. How late would you let it go before making doctors appointment? I was due to get day 21 bloods done but can’t make appointment until AF starts. Just want it to start and finish so can try again next month. 

• Options

When did you last test oj? Are your periods usually very regular? 🤞🤞 it’s your bfp!!