Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for a baby in April? Talk here!

Replies

• Options
    Home made roast potatoes made with duck fat
  • Options
    Anyone want to be my ttc buddy we can exchange number.. Please i really want to feel a bun in the oven one last time. I had an ectopic back in 2016 and i am depressed all the time about it cause i wanted the bundle of joy so badly
    Hi Tina how many children do you already have? 
    I have 2 children already not 3 just want that 3rd one really bad
  • Options
    edited Apr 2, 2019 7:30PM
    Hello all, first time posting on here. We had start trying March last year without success however in October during an ultrasound they discovered a 18cm cyst on one of my ovaries which I had removed along with my ovary and Fallopian tube, results came back borderline which I have to be thankful for that it was not the c word and I still have one ovary/tube intact but we started trying February and no luck yet. I found Mother’s Day tough to be honest and how is it that when you ttc you ended up being surrounded by pregnancy and baby annoucements..how do you guys deal with the sadness each month? 

Also with all the conflicting advice how often should you be having sex? I am worried we are not giving ourselves enough chances as it ends up being maybe twice in the fertile window? 

Any advice would be appreciated as I feel like I am going mad 😓
  • Options
    I've been TTC since December 2018 and nothing yet. All I've been getting is abnormal periods. Sometimes I get short periods, Long periods and late periods. Does anyone else experience this?
    Sharon88 said:
    Hi all, i think I'll join.

My period is 12 days late but still getting BFN so I'm going to assume there's other reasons my period didn't start. Maybe stress but I don't know.

If i ignore the missed period i would normally be starting my fertile week now so going to try BD every 2 days from now.

Started ttc in December 2018. Trying for my first.

My period was late 18 days last month! Ugh! It's so frustrating because I never had late periods until I started TTC.
  • Options
    Wee CJ said:
    Hello all, first time posting on here. We had start trying March last year without success however in October during an ultrasound they discovered a 18cm cyst on one of my ovaries which I had removed along with my ovary and Fallopian tube, results came back borderline which I have to be thankful for that it was not the c word and I still have one ovary/tube intact but we started trying February and no luck yet. I found Mother’s Day tough to be honest and how is it that when you ttc you ended up being surrounded by pregnancy and baby annoucements..how do you guys deal with the sadness each month? 

Also with all the conflicting advice how often should you be having sex? I am worried we are not giving ourselves enough chances as it ends up being maybe twice in the fertile window? 

You're only really fertile for a few days tbh so 2 days seems OK. If you're tracking your ovulation.pinpointing it to those few days will be good! 

The way I see it is I'm not going to rule out being a mother until I've gone down all routes so I don't get upset about it. It will come, but it might take some time. I'm also very OK with adoption so even if I don't push one out I would happily look after a child who needs a mummy! 
  • Options
    Wee CJ said:

If you only started trying in Feb then I wouldn't worry too much either... Some people get pregnant easily and some take a bit of time. When it's right for you you'll get pregnant! 
  • Options
    Wee CJ said:

If you only started trying in Feb then I wouldn't worry too much either... Some people get pregnant easily and some take a bit of time. When it's right for you you'll get pregnant! 
    Coconutfox - thank you for the advice, I guess it feels as we were trying last year with a few months break in between because of the borderline cyst it makes me worry more but you are right early days again and just need to try and stay positive. I think we are going to aim for every other day and see what happens - always hopefully but long days at work tend to get in the way.

It helps knowing other people are feeling the same, you only ever tend to hear about people getting pregnant straight away 

xxx
  • Options
    edited Apr 2, 2019 8:14PM

• Options
    @Liz_ arghh 18 days late last month must have been awful! Are you taking anything like pregnacare vitamins? I have heard these delay periods for some women. I'm just taking folic acid.
    I'm now 14 days late, BFN yesterday so i don't think it's pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Sharon88 said:
    @Liz_ arghh 18 days late last month must have been awful! Are you taking anything like pregnacare vitamins? I have heard these delay periods for some women. I'm just taking folic acid.
    Don't spend over the odds for pregnancy vitamins, I take boots effervescent re-energise tablets. No vitamin a in which is good you don't want that. But 200% rda of folic acid. Couple of quid for 40 tablets x
  • Options
    My period is due in two days and other than some very slight spotting about four days ago I haven't had any other spotting. And usually at this point I'm already past panty liners and wearing thin pads. 
  • Options
    @Madaamsly maybe the spotting was implantation. Will you take a pregnancy test?
  • Options
    does anyone have late ovulation? my OVW was 1st of april and my Flo is due in 12 days? 
  • Options
    Okay so I’m major symptom spotting and overthinking now! Over 3 winks since I miscarried, no idea when I ovulated 😬 last 3 days nausea, headaches and tired 😫😫 I’m probably just stressed it’s just teasing.
  • Options
    Sharon88 said:

I was taking Prenatal pills for all of February and for some reason I stopped and haven't ever since. Prenatal Pills causes late periods?
  • Options
    Liz_ said:
    Sharon88 said:

I was taking Prenatal pills for all of February and for some reason I stopped and haven't ever since. Prenatal Pills causes late periods?
    I don't think that's why mine is delayed as I'm just taking folic acid but if you search on Google "pregnacare delayed period" there's loads of women on forums and Amazon reviews claiming that's what caused their delayed period. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    ahhh @Dmr1996 that is a tease as they seem like pregnancy symptoms! Did you get symptoms this early before though?
  • Options
    Sharon88 said:
    ahhh @Dmr1996 that is a tease as they seem like pregnancy symptoms! Did you get symptoms this early before though?
    I tried to track it all back using my apps as my whole cycle was late, I started to get symptoms around this time however they were stronger and I had the more usual ones “sore boobs, cramps, frequent urination” I don’t have any of those at the minute so I’m definitely over thinking! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies 

first month ttc following a missed miscarriage at 8weeks. I had a d&c Valentine’s Day of all days, but to be honest, ovulation and period since has been spot on.

due my period on Sunday, and if I’m honest I totally feel pregnant. Stomach cramping and backache together with sick feeling in between meals and generally feel like I did during early pregnancy last time 

only time will tell. I took an ice this afternoon which was silly at 8-9dpo. 

It eas obvisouly negative, ordered a frer for the weekend 
  • Options
    hi @MLMmum
    Really sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
    Fingers crossed the frer shows a positive if you're getting the same symptoms as your last pregnancy.
    Will you use the frer on Sunday when you are due?