Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Options
    Oh ladies I’m so sorry to hear your both out this month. Don’t give up on your dreams though. KL10 it took us 9 months for my son, we took it really easy not trying to force it and as soo. As we started that we got pregnant. 
    Both of you I recommend taking b6 and magnesium, the vitamin helps regulate your period but also helps you to ovulate, it’s then good for morning sickness in the early weeks. With my PCOS I don’t ovulate every month but I definitely did this month as I got the positive opk. I got mine in Sainsbury’s think it was £4.99, also use the cheap opk tests if you like as that will at least confirm if you are ovulating or not. 26 is still young hun plenty of time still. I’m 30 and husband is 33, this is meant to be our last baby but then our minds may change in a few years so atleast we still have a few years to go. 

Big hugs to you both xx
  • Options
    Hi *MrsS* thanks for the advice about what symtpoms to look out for.

I noticed you've reccomended sone vitamins so i might buy some magnesium. I take folic acid and vitamin d.

Sorry to the ladies out this month.
  • Options
    These are what I take  the b6 is most important for helping you ovulate and the magnesium for regulating your cycle  x
  • Options
    Hi everyone hope I can join this post I’m 5dpo and hopeful I’m on my 5 month trying and had a miscarriage jan last year and decided to give it a while before trying again I have a lot of cm this morning quite watery anyone know of this is a sign ? Sorry if tmi 
    wishing you all luck in your ttc journey 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, so glad to find this post. Me and my husband have been trying for 3 years now and haven’t seen the BFP yet. I have polycystic ovary syndrome so have irregular periods ranging from 28-33days. I use two different ovulation trackers which are making me a bit confused. I am on cycle day 17 today and we had sex on cycle days 8,9,10,11,13,15 and 17. On cycle days 15/16 I had cramps for a few hours and was just wondering if this could have been ovulation cramps or implantation. One app is telling me that I’m due to ovulate on Saturday and the other says that my fertile window finishes tomorrow so I’m a little confused. Thanks x 
  • Options
    Welcome both. Sarah are you using opks? I recommend them as you will then have a better idea if you are ovulating. 
    I recommend you both taking the tablets I posted above as they regulate your cycle and help you to ovulate. I also suffer with PCOS and been taking these for three months and have noticed a huge change in my cycle and had my first positive opk the other day. 

got my fingers crossed for this month but I’m really not sure as got a lot of symptoms but they could also be down to the uti I’m getting over. Been cramping all day today continuously and had to call in sick to work as I just couldn’t function at all at home, could barely stand up, breasts are really sore too. It’s still another week till I can test. 🙈. X
  • Options
    @*MrsS* this wait is too much. Got me going crazy honestly. My calm wait it out cool cucumber approach is out of the window now. I was doing so good.. 
  • Options
    Hi MrsS - we have been using OPK’s for the last 5 months and was getting positive results for ovulation but haven’t managed to get pregnant. We decided to just go with the flow and just have sex every other day for a few cycles to see what happens. We have another gynaecology appointment in 3 months to discuss starting clomid so fingers crossed. Our close friend has had a little boy last week which has really made us want to try so hard to have our own baby now so hopefully it will happen. I think it’s just thinking every month that this is the month and almost feeling that I have pregnancy symptoms but turns out to be nothing is the hardest part.
  • Options
    Well after my BFN this morning I was so gutted and starting to worry I booked a doctors app. Got in straight away this morning and she was absolutely fab, she also agreed that considering I’m young, active and a healthy weight and already had a successful pregnancy that I maybe should’ve already fallen pregnant. So she has booked me in for cycle day 2-5 bloods and cycle day 21 bloods just to confirm that I am ovulating. And then we shall see, can’t believe it though I honestly thought they’d laugh me out and tell me to wait a year! I’m so pleased they have taken it so seriously straight away and just hoping that I am ovulating. Hope the TWW is going okay guys x
  • Options
    Wow KL10 I honestly thought that they were never interested if you already had a healthy baby before. Fingers crossed you get some answers. Sarah o understand how you feel. After two mcs it stillborn took us 9 months to conceive my son and it was a nightmare just waiting for the day we could take a test. The waiting is the worst if only you could have confirmation earlier, I’m trying to keep myself busy but today being off work I have spent the whole day googling symptoms and trying to find an answer for all my worries. I really need to relax. X
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

can i I join in on this chat?

weve been ttc since Oct 2018. We suffered a mc in March this year & last cycle I got 2 (cheapie) pregnancy tests showing positive & then 2 days later a negative on a frer & the AF came - so I was on a bit of a downer after that. 

This cycle i am I am currently on CD11. I use clearblue digital advance & normally get high OPKs from CD11-14 and then peak thereafter. This month has been very different - I had low opk on CD9 & CD10 & today I’ve gone straight to peak (CD11), I’ve not had that in the 8 months I’ve been trying. I have a very regular 28 day cycle, so no idea what’s going on. I’ve also had so ewcm either. I’m slightly confused. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mc MrsMcM. I don't use OPKs so can't be much help.

KL10 that's really good they are taking you seriously. That makes me think i should book an appointment to see my GP. I'm on my 6th month ttc but I'm overweight :-/

Can anyone advise does it matter if i didn't dtd the day before ovulation? I dtd 5 days before, 3 day's before, 2 days before, day of ov and day after ov. But I'm overthinking and annoyed i missed the day before! I'm using BBT to track ov so only know after.
  • Options
    MrsMCM your very welcome to join the chat. If I’m not mistaken after a Mc your hormones are still all over the place which could account for an early ovulation. I believe taking vitamin b6 helps you to ovulate or magnesium I can’t remember which but I take them to help to regulate my cycle and to help me ovulate as I have PCOS, if your not successful on this cycle it is worth taking, it’s even meant to help in the early months of pregnancy too. Good luck.  X
  • Options
    Sharron I think you are well covered then. We didn’t do it on day of ovulation either but the day before and a couple days before that. X
  • Options
    Hello ladies. I gave in and tested today and it was BFN. Its approx 11dpo. I thought I saw the slightest of faint lines but after time it was gone and so definitely bfn. Think I was trying to convince myself.
    There is a possibility its a bit too early or that a ovulated a little later so time will tell. 
    This morning I feel sick to my stomach and I have the worst tension headache. Think that's probably just me though not symptoms as I have had a tough week at work. I am so bloated as well. 
    My period is due the next few days. Bbt still high so not filling myself out yet. 
    Well guys this is torture lol. Hope you all have Good news and positive signs xxx
  • Options
     herestohoping sorry it was a negative result but like you say it could just be to early to test. All the other signs sound really good though so fingers crossed, give it another couple of days. 
    This is third day in a row of feeling a little nauseous and still got cramping. And nipples feeling rather sensitive, had to wear a sports bra today as other bras are just hurting to wear at the moment. Hopefully get the results back from my uti culture today so going to see if they are going to give me any more antibiotics or see how I go. Personally I don’t think iv fully recovered from it but we shall see. Got to crack on today and do a cake for a lady, made another to take into work later too so got to finish that off. I just have very little energy at this moment in time. X
  • Options
    @*MrsS* your symptoms sound promising too. Just must be awful to have this all mixed together with a bad uti. Sounds like a nasty one.
    The last time I was pregnant my bbt chart showed it so clearly.. So just waiting to see what happens with that as if it stops il know I'm out. My period are a bit irregular so even if I'm a bit late that won't be a sure indicator for me.
    I hope you feel better today and we both find some energy. I'm flagging too!!!! Trying to just tell myself.. My time will come if it's not this month. I just hate the thought of hubby being a bit sad about it too. I'm 28 and he's 34 and I know he'd really like a baby soon we both would. 
  • Options
    Aww don’t worry you are both still young. I’m 30 and husband is 34 so I still class is as having time but then I don’t want the gap to get any bigger than it is for this last baby as youngest is 6 in October. If your cycle is irregular definitely take the b6 and magnesium as it really does help, it’s also good for morning sickness apparently. X
  • Options
    Thanks @*MrsS* I'm going to get some of that and add to my regime! I take folic acid, vit d and agnus castus so will add that in.
    Yeah I just feel like we time is ticking... This probably doesn't help with pressure lol. 
  • Options
    Just an update - I am having quite bad cramps in the right ovary region and EWM so I’m assuming I am ovulating so guess it’s time to get my husband busy. I’m also feeling terribly bloated and hungry but slightly nauseous ...anyone else get this around ovulation? x
This discussion has been closed.