Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Options
    Trust me you would be amazed. I honestly wouldn’t have known I was pregnant until I took the test with my son. I only tested as we were trying for our first baby. My son is now 8 (autistic) and my daughter is 5. They definitely keep me busy. Husband has been great today looking after them while I haven’t been well. Feeling a little better now anti biotics seem to be kicking in and it’s not hurting so much. Just got a huge migraine now 😖 it’s never ending. 
    Fingers crossed for Thursday, how long have you been trying for now?  X
  • Options
    I have a six and a half year old boy and I just knew with him, he wasn’t planned in the slightest and was a total accident but I remember just randomly taking a test because I just knew. Bless your husband, sounds like he’s been fab today! Sometimes they can surprise us!! Glad to hear anti biotics starting to kick in.
    I came off the pill in January and have had regular periods since. So month 5 for us, really really hoping but just not sure. What about you? X
  • Options
    Technically this is our first month so I shouldn’t be disheartened at all. Had the coil out couple months back now was only the copper coil but still had to wait for my periods to regulate. With my son I didn’t know at all but my daughter I knows 2 days post ovulation as went right off coffee lol 
  • Options
    I think it is disheartening whatever the time! First few months was so exciting getting to end of TWW and testing.. now I’m absolutely dreading negative tests! I just keep going to the loo and checking for AF, which is so daft cos if it’s gonna come it’ll come x
  • Options
    My af is due in 3 days and I'm dreading the negative tests too @kl10. When will you take your first one? I'm going to try wait for af and if its late then I will test... 
  • Options
    Well I’m hoping my tests are coming today, I will be home too late tonight to test so I will test tomorrow morning. I will be 2 days late by then. I would much rather just have AF come then get a negative x
  • Options
    Hi can I join in?
    I'm on my 6th month ttc first baby. This is my first month charting my bbt and I'm pleased to have seen the post-ovulation temp rise. 4DPO now so in the TWW. Seems like most on here are in the TWW... anyone been symptom spotting?
  • Options
    Good luck to both of you, your so close to finding out. I still technically have another 9 days. I’ve woken up feeling more human today, although my stomach feels swollen/bloated and my boobs are incredibly tender. I woke up with the cat sat on my stomach and boobs so for now I’m putting it down to that at he is a really big boy. Hopefully I will feel better later on. Not going to strain myself to much today, iv got work later and I also am self employed and have a small cake business so iv got a cake to get started on today as well. 

Hope you all have a positive day today. X
  • Options
    Hi Sharon88 I’m 3DPO. I feel like I’m always symptom spotting. Have you got any feelings yet? I knew 3DPO with my daughter as I had food aversions quite quickly. I’ve woken up with very tender boobs today and mild cramps but I don’t think it is much of anything, probably the way I slept. Yesterday I have to say I was really craving eating cheese and chocolate together, that was really random of me as I’m not a huge cheese fan, apart from I craved it very badly with my son. 

I believe though when you want to be pregnant so much your body starts playing tricks on you  xx
  • Options
    Apart from feeling really really tired at night a bit earlier than usual I don't really have any symptoms. And that one may even just be in tired because I'm tired! Not feeling very optimistic tbh. My temp hasnt been as high as it was the month I got pregnant. It's post ov level but not as high by far and so I feel like that's an indication.
    I shall try be more positive!!! Hope you all have Good day xx
  • Options
    Quick lunch time post.. no AF still and this morning when teaching PE I did a warm up of a jog around the field and my boobs get so bad when jogging.. not sure if that’s a sign of AF or Preg! Felt hungry again all morning but again I normally get hungry when due AF.. just keeping fingers crossed but still don’t feel totally different or anything so still not too hopeful. Hoping the tests have been delivered today and I will use one first thing tomorrow! X
  • Options
    Exciting @kl10 I will be thinking of you in the morning and hoping for bfp. If just absolutely love it if one of us ladies got some good news soon xx
  • Options
    Good luck KL10. How many tests did you order? If you can’t wait you could always do one when you get in from work if you hold it all in as long as you can. I had a positive test with my daughter and that was taken 3 days before AF at 4pm, that was with a cheap internet test. 

Iv I’ve had the munchies all morning but finding I can’t handle strong flavours at the moment. Mainly salty foods and sugary foods, been working my way through a pack of sponge fingers which are helping me feel a little better. Been feeling a little dizzy today but I’m putting that down to the heat and anti biotics. X
  • Options
    I am so so tired can barely keep my eyes open. But it's hot today so it's probably that. Trying to stay awake and focus is a nightmare. So cruel it makes you think oh maybe it's a symptom. It's probably not. 
  • Options
    Herestohoping i hate that. You feel like you over analyse every symptom and think oh this could be it. In reality I shouldn’t be getting any symptoms at all but still finding myself checking, I really do need to relax a bit, fingers crossed I’m going to Cardiff for half term to see all my family and that will help me relax a bit and not think to much. Just need to distract myself from thinking about d day when I can test. X
  • Options
    *MrsS* i have no feelings or symptoms yet. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for though.

The cheese could be a good indication if it happened with your son. 

• Options
    Sharon. It’s so hard when you don’t know what symptoms to look for especially if they just don’t show at all. My sons pregnancy was just slightly sore breasts but otherwise no real indications at all. The cheese was funny, I always hated cheese but when pregnant started on mild cheese, then second trimester it was all about smoked cheese then the third trimester is was extra strong cheese 🙈

breast tenderness light cramps and light headedness are the main symptoms they say to look for. Also food aversions are another strong indicator but not always. Xx
  • Options
    @KL10 iv got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. I really hope you get that BFP! 

Iv I’ve had a very odd day and can’t help googling everything but getting mild cramps and iv got seriously sore breasts, especially the right, mainly by my nipples. Just seems far far to early for me to get any of these symptoms yet. I’m just trying to link it too the uti but Breast soreness has nothing to do with it so I have no idea. 10 days can’t come quick enough for me although I may test in 7. X
  • Options
    Thanks for sending luck guys.. unfortunately BFN.. still no AF. However CD31 I’m pretty certain I am out this month cos regardless of late ovulation or anything a faint line at least would’ve showed. So that’s month 6 for us now.. I am starting really worry that it’s just not happening or something is wrong. I am 26 and OH is 31 and we both have a child already, we thought it would be a bit of a given that it would just happen. I might get opks this month as so far we’ve just used my app and dtd every other day around days 8-16. 
    @*MrsS your symptoms sound like you know what’s going on. Got my fingers crossed for you!! 
  • Options
    Sorry you got a negative @KL10

I tested on CD31 with a BFN too (which I knew as we hardly managed to DTD at the right times) and AF arrived yesterday afternoon.

That's me totally done now. Will still not prevent but think just going to leave the forums for a while and just get on with every day life. 

I have to be realistic now that it's not meant to be, it has been so long and tired of over thinking every month only to be disappointed.

Remember @KL10 you aren't out until the witch arrives ! 

Hope everyone in the TWW aren't driven mad wondering and get the outcome we all hope for . 

This discussion has been closed.