Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 15

Replies

• Options
    Thanks ladies. 
    I've just done a cheap test and its a lot lighter than the one i did last wednesday! I just want to know why my body hates being pregnant! I am literally so sad that my little lady is probably going to be an only child. God knows how long it will take me to get pregnant again.xxx
  • Options
    @Bex1982 I’m so, so sorry. It’s such a rollercoaster of emotions and when you’ve lost a baby, it’s a hard journey- to be honest it’s totally shit isn’t it. I hope you get your rainbow. If you have the strength, keep going. I’m sure it will happen. Sending you lots of love.xxx
  • Options
    @MrsFish where abouts is your partners CCE? Hubby said they are slowly dropping at his place with coughs etc and introducing an every other day system but my hubby covering people that are off which I personally think is very unfair just because he’s management!
    ho hum let’s hope this thing back off soon as it’s making me very anxious now 😖😖😖

@Bex1982 oh I’m so sorry if your lines are getting letter 😭😭😭
    Any symptoms??
    At around 7 weeks my lines got lighter with Charlotte it’s to do with the mix of hormones?! Just a thought 🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    Nope no symptoms so i know what's coming :-( Just hope it happens quickly so i can try and get back to some normality. And maybe start trying again if I feel strong enough.x
  • Options
    Oh Bex, sending you much love 💕 it is a horrible journey for some of us! I am so jealous of those who have an easy journey of it.  How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? 

I also wanted a sibling for Amelie, but it also hasn’t happened for me, and now I am sure I am menopausal- I have had only had 2 periods since my last loss 9 months ago! 

@missmyangels he is also Sidcup.  How are your big ones coping with being stuck in? 
  • Options
    That’s strange @MrsFish my husband probably knows him! He’s the Health & Safety manager (Paul) spends a lot of time with everyone. He’s been there for 20+ years now!!

My eldest Harry hasn’t left the house in 4 weeks so he’s fidgety but he’s 17 so has a full understanding of what’s going on! His Autism makes him more concerned than the others but managing very well! His mates are all online:)u y FaceTimes her mates all day in between a bit of school work 🤣 she’s very sociable so struggling the most and she sleeps over mates houses every weekend!! Obviously I shut that down 2 weeks ago as not sure where their parents/ siblings etc have been & how good hygiene is as well 🤔🤷‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
    Max is good as gold we do scl work in the morning play all afternoon:)
    Charlotte will be very bored when they all go back 🤣🤣🤣

How about yourself & yours ? Xxx
  • Options
    Im 37, so no spring chicken lol!xx
  • Options
    @Bex1982 haha I know look at me !!!! I’m 43 hun you are all good to go still
    Had Max at 34 , Oliver at 37 ( my late loss he was perfectly fine though and was falling pregnant every 3-4 months at that stage:)
    It was the next 12 week loss that wouldn’t come away that caused my problems after that it took 2 full years of trying that 12 week loss definitely did some damage 
    so at 37 you’ve still time and I’ve everything crossed for you still 🤞🤞🤞😘😘😘

Hey ladies crazy weather here in Sidcup anyone else got it??!!!
    windy, sunny, sprinkling of snow ❄️ now heavy hail storm and chucking with rain!!! Weather gone nuts I reckon it’s got the virus 🦠 🤣
    I've been sitting in warm sun all week up the garden now it’s gone to shit ( pardon my French)!!!
  • Options
    Just started snowing here too MMA! If you  don’t mind me asking how do you manage your schooling with Charlotte? I’m struggling to do the homeschooling with my older ones as I have Charlie (my two-year-old) always demanding constant attention. 
  • Options
    Thanks mma. It took me 2 years to conceive this time round so I'm just praying it doesn't take that long again!!!xxx
  • Options
    (If) @Bex1982 this bean doesn’t stick you’ll hopefully be fertile for a few months after you might catch again more quickly 🤞🤞🤞
    @Louise 111 Charlotte has got into Cloudbabies on the TV so that goes on after her breakfast whilst I deal with Max she comes over every now and again we have a little play or I keep throwing a ball and she brings it back!
    lucy does hers in her room ( bed with a desk built in there’s is online sent straight to teachers so I can’t help as is Harry’s online straight to his tutor they just have to get on with it! I enforce what I can but the older ones have minds of their own 😖
    Max however is very willing and works 50% on his own 50% with help.
    I guide and his school teacher is online in the morning for guidance if needed!
    If we don’t understand we don’t do it I’m not a teacher & his English is complicated even at age 9( yr 4)!
    So we muddle along until lunch then it’s playtime and a walk for 40 mins where I know I don’t bump into anyone!
    So really it’s a case of amusing Charlotte with tv and throwing balls and she does wooden puzzles on my lap whilst I’m dealing with Max. No homework is compulsory so I did Mon - Thurs this week relaxed Fri -Sun 
    Maths & times tables are on his iPad so that’s independently done which is useful!
    Its very stressful but I’m really not going to worry myself about it :)
    honestly just do what we can
  • Options
    Bex1982 said:
    Im 37, so no spring chicken lol!xx

Oh @Bex1982, I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through right now.  It is just the cruelest, shittiest thing.  Be extra kind to yourself.  A lot of us here understand much of what you’re going through, and we’re here to listen and chat if you need to.  Wishing and hoping for the best for you through this stressful and worrying time. (((HUG))) X
  • Options
    MrsFish said:
    Oh Bex, sending you much love 💕 it is a horrible journey for some of us! I am so jealous of those who have an easy journey of it.  How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? 

I also wanted a sibling for Amelie, but it also hasn’t happened for me, and now I am sure I am menopausal- I have had only had 2 periods since my last loss 9 months ago! 

@missmyangels he is also Sidcup.  How are your big ones coping with being stuck in? 
    @Mrs Fish, I can relate to your story so well.  I had my daughter when I was nearly 38, and have been trying desperately for a sibling for her for the past 3 years, but the closest I’ve gotten is 2 miscarriages and a chemical.  I’m 42 now, so time is really not on my side, but I’ll keep trying for now...

My cousin was told by her doctors that she was completely through the menopause at age 46, so it was safe for her to come off BC.  ...and she was pregnant within a few months, and gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl!  The human body is crazy and unpredictable, and capable of medical miracles. X
  • Options
    we also had the strangest weather, had hail stones on 5 occasions! My husband delivered some supplies up to his mother who is 80 (we are closest relatives even tho we are 15 miles away) he said the same stretch of motorway had a 10 degree temperature range, snow and bright sunshine!! It was defo a strange one!! 

How are you feeling Bex? 

@ki@KiwiMoomin wow to your cousin!! 

I am starting to get my head around no more, we aren’t using protection, but we aren’t really trying anymore.  I have  no signs of Ov, and have no real pattern to my cycles, on top of which, my body doesn’t give up the failing pregnancy, so I have to go in for D&C, I’m pretty sure those, combined with treatment years ago for cell changes with cancer and the placenta delivery problems I had, have left my womb mangled and scarred to bits 😔  I often wonder if that’s why I lost my twin, because the placenta couldn’t establish a good blood flow, as it was fully developed at 14 weeks.  I know that is a lot earlier than some of you have had to deal with, but that loss after the first trimester devastated me.  

• Options
    @MrsFish a 14 week loss is horrendous. Any loss is awful but when you think things are going to be ok and then they’re not, it’s absolutely devastating. I’ll never get over losing my baby boy either. I tried to be really upbeat on Mother’s Day but a few times, when it was just me and Matilda, because my other 2 were playing and my hubby was having a lie down (no you heard right, it was Mother’s Day not Father’s Day!!!) I broke my heart thinking of the toddler I should have running about. 
    I know I have to be grateful for the children I have and my rainbow baby but god it still hurts. 

I agree with bodies being weird and wonderful. I just hope they give you ladies what you really want 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻I’m sure they will but if not that you are ok with that in time.

@Bex1982, thinking of you. You’re still young. I had Matilda at 38- she’s 7, not far off 8 months now. I really do believe you will get your rainbow but I know the journey can be a long and emotional one. We are here for you.xxx

i am starting to feel very anxious about all this Coronavirus stuff. It’s scary. I just want to keep my family safe and worry about my parents getting it. Doesn’t it feel like there’s always something!

How is everyone doing?
    I’m trying so hard to stick to my diet but I’ve been put back on steroids for my low platelets. I developed this in my pregnancy when I lost Jacob and it doesn’t seem to be going away. Does my head in. 
    Xxxx. 
  • Options
    I was supposed to tag @KiwiMoomin in about the bodies being weird and wonderful!! Sorry!xxx
  • Options

And @missmyangels your school days seem very balanced! I’m trying hard not to put my teacher head on. Matilda’s not quiet when we do the school stuff so it’s a juggle isn’t it. I’m just finding times to do a bit throughout the day. I take my hat off to Jackson’s teachers, he’s so lazy academically but give him a football and it’s all go! Little sod!xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Some of your stories are heartbreaking  :-( The test was lighter still this morning so its just a waiting game i guess. At least i don't have to go to work! Although im finding it hard to entertain my 3 year old....the days are long when there's nowhere to go and no one to see!xx
  • Options
    @Bex1982 it’s awful waiting & not knowing 😣😢😢😢
    Isolation is awful isn’t it I’m struggling just having a daily walk about 2ish for 45 minutes for Charlotte to have her nap! Her morning sleep had gone out the window with Harry, Lucy & max at home!! It’s changed everything and I’m such an outdoor girl 😖😣😭

Stay safe everyone my hubby is working daily still 6.30 to 4.30-5 and he pops to shops en route for essentials I hope and pray he doesn’t contract anything 😢😢😢
  • Options
    It sounds like you are doing a fabulous job with the schooling MMA! We’ve had a bad day here. The stress and guilt is starting to kick in 😞