Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in September!

Replies

• Options
    I used fertility friend and to be honest I didn't like it. Though I was in a bad place after my second chemical pregnancy and was probably just frustrated. This one is Ovia and it’s really just a tracker than a predictor. Last month it was helpful because I got my ovulation dip then my spike (albeit a slow raise) and it was bang on. This month I agree it already loosen like I’ve ovulated but that would have been really early. But hey, a short cycle means not too long to wait to the next one! Perhaps I’m in the TWW already and didn’t even know!
  • Options
    Oh and I use a fermometer. Which also has an app but again it just tracks and doesn’t predict 
  • Options
    @RememberToBreathe ofc you must be happy with it I had some doubts about ff at first, but then I got used to it and I like it, @Rachel.a21'S app looks good too. That's what I mean u mb ov at CD 10-11-12 a good app will help you. In the other hand it's not much of a difference those 2 days. Your cycle seems short if that's correct, how long are they usually? Mb its worth to keep bding and tracking just in case. 

I will keep bd, hell knows what's going on haha. 

@dd1001 they say it takes two days for hcg to double. It's up to you and how patient you are. 
  • Options
    Thank you @MadDoda - I’ll go with Monday morning if she hasn’t decided to greet me before then 😂
  • Options
    @dd1001 Yeah I would wait a couple days too, that way it will be a lot more accurate. I got up to take a test my first cycle and had started AF right when I went to take it 🙃
  • Options
    @MadDoda I’m usually 26 days which puts ovulation at CD13 (today) because my luteal phase is always bang on 14 days. I was 30 days last cycle after second CP and ovulated really late (probably why the sticks and app were annoying me - because they were right!) so assumed I’d have a long one this time but maybe it will be a 24 day one. Who knows! We are keeping BD’ing at least today if not Monday too. My only problem is I’m in such a lot of pain today I’m not actually looking forward to it!!
  • Options
    Ladies, any opinions on Pregnacare? Some people say it changes their cycle (which I really don’t want) but on the other hand people highly rate it. Wondering whether I should take the plunge.

What prepregnancy supplements does everyone use?
  • Options
    Thank you! @Rachel.a21
    oh did it, saved you a test I guess! I’m not really feeling anything at all so not really sure which way it is going to go!
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Aug 31, 2019 6:44PM
    My very long comment just disappeared, can u see it?
  • Options
    No @MadDoda ?
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Aug 31, 2019 6:54PM
    @RememberToBreathe we are in similar situation I had my second mc and ov at cd18 had 33 day cycle. Normally have 30 like a clockwork and 14day lp. Now I think I ov at cd13 so my cycle is short. So mb that's how it is. If you don't feel like bd , but u think u have to. Then just make the atmosphere and get urself I'm a mood, that's what I do if my dh is unwilling or if I don't feel like, good cuddle and mood helps.

@Tryingfor#1 I don't think supplement can affect ur cycle, maybe if ur anaemic and have bad cycle it can repair it. But I doubt as supplements in general are very ineffective. I use pregnacare plus extra solo folic acid before pregnancy. When I'm pregnant I switch to Max dose folic acid from dr and stop pregnacare. I also have vit d with calcium for second and third trimester. I also take high dose iron during pregnancy as I have pernicious anaemia so it's always low and I got b12 injections, you can get those two in this combination in shop. That's the most important, then there are also omega acids, you can also supplement them, but I think spoon of olive oil daily is better. 

I just retyped it, kill me.
  • Options
    @MadDoda the pregnacare ‘his and hers’ read up says ‘A change in the monthly cycle has been noticed by some women at the same time as using this product.’ But obviously it’s not fact and it could be coincidental. My friend said she had been ttc for 2 years and within 3 months of taking these she was pregnant. She puts this down to either her and/or hubby needing something extra that their bodies were lacking.  I guess a boost isn’t a bad thing.  
  • Options
    @Tryingfor#1 I never noticed it says that. I would rather blame placebo effect, it helps coz u believe it will, or maybe it made sperm healthier to reach the egg. At dietetics class they told us man should supplement folic acid 6momths before getting pregnant. A cycle change can be easily blamed on ttc stress haha. Anyways it is recommended to supplement before pregnancy, so why not?
  • Options
    @dd1001 Yes it did save a test, which was good lol I never feel any different before AF, so it’s definitely hard for me to tell. My friend always gets bad cramps before, but there’s no change besides bleeding for me
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 yeah i tend to cramps the day before so usually kind of have a heads up af is coming. They’re not bad but just know they’re there!
  • Options
    Both happy and sad that this thread is picking up. Sad because others were unsuccessful last month too but happy because of the support we have gathering here. 

Wishing each and everyone of you masses of baby dust for this month xxx
  • Options
    @MadDoda definitely a lot of stress in TTC!
    I think I may try some for myself and OH, no harm in trying. They are expensive so kind of hoping they make a difference, but there is no price on having a baby  🤞
  • Options
    AF arrived today so I’m feeling pretty low and crappy. She’s here with a vengeance too. Really thought we had done it last month but here we go again CD1. Really concerned that with my age and being so overweight it is not going to happen for us. Trying to fight back the tears and accept what’s happening. 
  • Options
    @Chellefish I'm sorry to hear the witch arrives. Let itself be spoiled,  cry if need, have some wine and get a good sleep in ur partners arms. We are here for you! Let September be the lucky one.
  • Options
    MadDoda said:
    @Chellefish I'm sorry to hear the witch arrives. Let itself be spoiled,  cry if need, have some wine and get a good sleep in ur partners arms. We are here for you! Let September be the lucky one.
    Thanks. Hoping everyone has more luck in September and we end the month on a high. 
    Just need to get through the next couple of days and the pains that are included with AF. I’ll pick myself back up again then. 
This discussion has been closed.