Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a bfp in May 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hello @Hopefully_Blessed - CD2 is cycle day 2? I’m new to all this. 
    @Remedios thank you for being so interested in my story. It’s really lovely of you. Obviously we were just so unlucky with our twins and I am in a group on FB where people had the syndrome and both twins survived or sometimes just one. So I don’t want you to feel negatively about twins! I pray May is your month! 

I am struggling with tracking ovulation. Makes me feel crazy. I used to use the sticks but they never appeared positive. I told the GP and they said that they just don’t for some. I kept trying to leave the ‘good sperm’ for when ovulation hit. But that never worked out. Does anyone recognise any symptoms? For example, my boobs are some what sensitive all the time so I don’t think I’d notice that but something similar? 
  • Options
    Hi @Emmytashalie I feel you on the crazy front. I’m a crazy person half the month right now 🙈 have you looked at keeping an eye on discharge? I tend to find mine is v different around ovulation so use that as a strong sign x 
  • Options
    @Daisyfaye I have done but because of the extra activity 😉 it seems just watery around that time or what I think is egg whites but may be just lube? 
  • Options
    @Emmytashalie Ah! Thank you! And Thank YOU! for sharing your story with us. I don't want to live in my on little bubble, I rather know that there are possible complications during pregnancies and not everyone's story has a happy ending. Being more aware, makes you feel less alone. It is great that you are in a Facebook group. It just shows that unfortunately when you see the 2 lines, it is just a very start of a lengthy journey, not the end. 

The ovulation predictor kits (OPK's :) ) don't always work for me either. TMI (too much information), but cannot rely entirely on cervical mucus either. Someone suggested the position of the cervix; not reliable either. Therefore I used to check morning temperature (BBT), then I got fed up with it, but I am on it again. I found that this is the best way of checking if I ovulated and when. Thankfully @MadDoda suggested that I should use it again. Thanks to her I did not miss my most fertile window! We were not successful, but at least I know that not because we did not do the deed at the right time. Because of my temperature chart, I knew that my period will arrive today and here she is! 

As somehow some little cyst developed in my right breast (I have got them checked out and they are fine where they are), they normally start to hurt a few days before ovulation. 

Sorry this was a long one, but to sum it up: I highly recommend BBT!
  • Options
    Proud bbt user here, I got pregnant 7 times, using bbt only. As for opk some ppl get very fast peak which is easy to miss, it's good to test different time of day to check when u get ur highest surge and when u get close to ovulation, test twice it even 3 times a day. 
  • Options
    Apparently due on today. Loads o watery discharge + period pains since Friday, bad back ache 😫 is this a common period sign or am I being really negative? Stark white Amazon cheapie test 😫
  • Options
    Same, due today and a BFN this morning.  Think I must be out of the game!  
  • Options
     morning gals! 7DPO for me, feel like this TWW is going soooo slow this time, I’m blaming lockdown!!
  • Options
    5DPO for me and also feel like it’s going really slow this month @Asco

This is my first month doing OPK properly and BBT. I think I used to miss my peak on OPK because I wasn’t doing them right or often enough. I only got 2 readings over 1 this month and they were within about 2-3 hours of each other. A few hours later it was below 1 again so if I didn’t do as many I wouldn’t have seen my peak. 

My BBT has confirmed ovulation on CD16 which feels late for me. I usually average a 26 day cycle so expect to ovulate no later than CD13. As I’ve not done these tests before, I’m unsure whether I am due AF later than usual this month, or whether I have a sort luteal phase. So I don’t know when I’m “late”. Will have to assume 14DPO but will struggle to wait the extra 3 days to test 😂
  • Options
    I have had backache for the last couple of days and creamy CM ever since I ovulated. If I hadn’t been tracking my ovulation, I’d say it feels like I’m due AF in the next few days. So confusing
  • Options
    @Remedios thank you so much for your advice.
    @Remedios and @MadDoda - what changes do you see in your temperature? Little changes? What’s a normal temperature and what’s an ovulation temperature? Where do you record it? I use Flo app
  • Options
    You can google and read about it, basal body temperature tracking. Numbers on their own have no meaning u need to look at pattern on chart. When egg is released from follicle,  follicle transforms into corpus luteum, which starts to produce progesterone to prepare ur endometrium for possible implantation. Direct effect if progesterone is temperature shift, which u can detect if u track. It's a direct proof of ovulation, unlike opk. Unfortunately at the beginning bbt can't tell u ahead of time that u gonna ovulate,  it will only confirm it after the fact, no matter the cycle length. The best app for bbt is fertility friend. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda thank you so much. I had read about it quite a bit but to me it seemed the same as cervical mucus 🙈 you might see if you might not. But this is great advice! Thanks so much!! 
  • Options
    @Emmytashalie It is our pleasure, we are here to help, aren't we @MadDoda? ;) Fertility Friend- https://www.fertilityfriend.com/
    Start BBT (baseline body temperature) on cycle day 1, which is the first day of your period. Use thermometer that reads two digits after the "dot"- Mine was this morning 36.27 as I am on cycle day 2. Temp is between 3.20-3.40 whilst I am on my period. Temp needs to be checked every morning at the same time, before you get up, talk or even move. :) So very first thing once you opened your eyes, really. :) I can attach here my last BBT chart, so you will see the changes.
  • Options
    @Emmytashalie The chart cannot predict ovulation, but it confirms it. That is where the vertical red dashed line is.  The horizontal red dashed line is the "cover line". When after ovulation temp goes under that, period is on its way. Mine normally starts to drop the day before that, as you can see. 
  • Options
    Chart can predict ovulation, but not for everyone person and u need a lot of experience. I never used opk, only predicted ov with chart. My temp used to drop on cd3. 

Also u need at least 3h uninterrupted sleep before temping. Temperature is very individual, some ppl get lower some higher, also shift can be immediate or graduate as on remedielos chart. U may also have very minimal shift. Cover line is just a visually helpful tool and has no meaning. You would see that's the case in ppl with minor shift. 
  • Options
    @Emmytashalie I am just attaching another one from last year just to show you that I did not start on cycle day 1, so you are not late, if you want to chart. 
  • Options
    @Emmytashalie  I use Flo too- it has a section for you to add bbt and plots onto a chart for you :) 
  • Options
    It may have such option but ff is the best app for charting.most apps smooths the lines make chart harder to read, or don't mark ovulation at all, or don't consider other data u input like, CM, opk etc. Ff gathers all input and all ur memorised cycles and assigns ur ovulation accordingly as well as learns about u giving u more and more precise predictions. 
    Personally I think flo is one of worst apps there, it may work for some with regular cycles, but I'm on this forum since way too long and I seen dozens of ladies switching away from flo. X
  • Options
    So my husband and I have been ttc for 6 months now. A week after my last period a spotted for a week, right over my ovulation time according to my app. Then my period was 2 days late when I went to the bathroom and wiped and got bright pink blood on tp. Then I didn’t have not a single drop of blood for the next day and half, which is abnormal for my period which is that I bleed very heavy for 3-5 days. Then my husband and I did the deed, and there was quite a bit of blood which i thought would kick start my period, only to not bleed again for the next day and a half. Took a pregnancy test today at 6pm, negative. 
    What do I do!?