Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

signs of having twins?

Replies

• Options
    Yeah I will let you know. I also have a girl feeling lol I can't wait to have my scan and finnaly know image
  • Options

hi my daughter has just found out she about  7 weeks pregnant and has gone from a size 4 in her trousers to a size 10 in a matter of 2 - 3 weeks and all she is doing now is eating and sleeping all the time and feeling sick plus she is peeing for england but she has the midwife toay so hopefully they will send her for a scan cos she can't remember when she last came on all she knows is it was at begining of november

• Options

igave had identical twins but delivered at 27 weeks 2ib 6 and 2ib 10 oz

• Options

some one help plz i am 8weeks and always want to sleep i am big feel very ill my boots r very big i wake up evey night at the same time 3 because of thinking that i am aving twins    really need to no i av 2 girls 1boy now 

• Options

sammy jo

im 7 weeks pregnant and found out at 4-5 weeks before finding out i was drained n feeling sick morning noon  and night, still feel like that at 7 weeks only worse there are times where i cant eat at all n times i cant stop eating. i get hurrendous back pain n pains in lower abdomone n ribs all the time and im always shattered but find it very difficult to sleep and cant get comfy with back pain and stomach cramps. im already finding it hard to fit into my jeans and cant get comfy in them. there is a very big chance i could b carrying twins as my baby father is a twin and they run very strong through his family and mine(through my mothers and fathers side). i already have a son coming up to 3 and the pregnancy im having now is so different and a hell of a lot more painful. does anyone no of any sign to help me come to a conclusion of how many im carrying as my 1st scan isnt for another 5 weeks. im shocked at the amount of painful back pain i am gettin so early on and how im already struggling to fit into my clothes. im terrified to find out but need to no to adjust to it incase it is n put my mind at rest. 

• Options

The only way is to have a scan,like its been said various times in this thread,you will show quicker on second or more pregnancies and symptoms mean naff all I had every symptom with my singleton pregnancy but had no symptoms with my twins,so you can ether pay for an early scan or wait for another 5wks but that's the only way you will find out

• Options

i have had really strong pregnancy symptoms from word go. Even a week before the implantation cramps happened, I had a pain in my left boob. It felt literally on fire, and i was even crying at one point as i got into bed. i woke the next morning with the pain gone but a cracked nipple where it seemed to have swollen up and then gone back down overnight. i have never been pregnant before but that was my first indication. Then a week later I got the implantation cramps, where I felt like I'd pulled all my lower back muscles. My boobs have been sore right from the start and I just FEEL I am further along than the 9 weeks that I am. At 7 weeks we went for an early scan and the woman thought she could see TWO babies for a while... she said she could see another heart beat. But then kept losing where it was. She couldn't rule it out so I had an internal scan too but still she couldn't find it again. She put it down to being a shadow but is that quite normal to have a shadow of the other baby? I have not heard of it before and I can't get it out of my head! My 12 week scan will obviously show more but what would everyone else think if you were told this? I'm wondering if there's a higher chance Im having twins after that scan!? Xx

• Options

Hello can anyone advise

I had twins 12 moths ago and am now pregnant again(51/2 weeks.) Ithink it may be twins  or triplets but not sure. I have a wired bubbly feeling like I did with the twins but not with my singleton 7 years ago! It's weird like I am going to constantly take an exam!!! I have been havingvivid dreams about 3 babies. Has anyone else experienced this and then it turn out to be true!!! 

• Options

I'm just 6 weeks pregnant and this my fith pegnancy unfortunatley miscarried the other four times, so extra careful with is one, but have noticed that my somach is a lot bigger than before, my boobs have swelled and have no energy what so ever feel like get out of bed sometimes, there is twins on my side of the family so I think it may have something to do wIth this, any ideas?, thanks x 

• Options

So did the lady who posted the original post find out if its twins?? 

• Options

I will find out the sex on eednesday! Had a dream the u/s tech said oh ur there was one hiding youre having twins!

• Options

This is my 9th pregnancy and I already htwin one set of twins but I'm roughly 9 weeks and I look 9 months could I be having more than 1??? 

• Options

I am 8 wks + 2 at the mo and had an early scan at 5+6...I am convinced there was a "shadow" behind the egg sac but could be imagining things.  I am not sure about further back in my family, but I know I was supposed to be a twin but my mum lost one early in pregnancy, she has had other twin miscarriages.  This makes me very nervous at the prospect.

• Options
    I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have really strong symptoms , had morning sickness a week before my AF was due. I would so love twins ????
  • Options

I am roughly 8 weeks with my first pregnancy. My clothes are already tight, I'm extremely exhausted and can't get comfortable already. I can't even sleep because of how uncomfortable I am and I have to pee all the time. Twins do run in my family on my mom and my dad's sides. Any ideas on if this could be twins?? I know that I have read that you show earlier in second pregnancy but this is my first.

• Options
    Im 10weeks with twins my first, i only have a tiny bump not very noticeable now.

i have sickness 24-7 most days and feel completely drained and tired. short of breath sometimes too. x
  • Options

Hi this is my 5th pregnancy I am 7 weeks pregnant, i have morning sickness from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep, I'm always tired, headaches everyday, can't eat anything as feel to sick and sometimes actually been sick! everything smells so strong and turns my stomach! Back ache cramps sore boobs that are growing, could this be twins?

• Options

I took 2 home tests both positive. Have had irregular periods. went in for ultrasound since LMP put me at almost 9.5 weeks. went in and had both kinds of ultrasounds measured up to 5weeks 6  days. which dr said woud be normal due to period irregularity. the ultrasound tech at first said it looks like it could be twins but then didnt see anything in 2nd sac so she said it could be a blood clot or i could be miscarrying since i didnt measure up as far along as i thought. i saw dr after the ultrasound he never brough it up but now that im home and reading online im really wondering if it could be twins and i was just to early to see. by the way didnt see heartbeat having me come back on friday. it going tobe a long week! has anyone ever experienced this or read anything on it?

• Options
    I just learned that I am 14wks pregnant w/ my 6th child.... But have a nagging hunch that it could be more than one. I have yet to go to midwife, (she couldn't get me in any sooner than Apr 24), but was in the ER 2wks ago with severe pain in my lower tummy & vag, which after a diagnostic u/s was informed of the pregnancy (9w 6d by sonogram, 11w 6d by LMP) and the pain was severe round ligament pain, but not told anything else, nor was I allowed to see the screen. Even my son insists he's getting both a brother & a sister! This is my 12th pregnancy, but I've only had 5 children (6 MC), I've already have a telltale bump for weeks (I look 5-6 mo along!), and my boobs have grown tremendous in the last couple weeks. The nausea is constant, and I have never in my life been so fatigued. This pregnancy feels different somehow... Granted I'm pushing 40, but still! I know twins run in families, on the mother's side, but being adopted, I have no clue of this.... Is it likely I'm having twins this time?
  • Options

I would have thought if you were having twins they would have told you,as been 9wks,they would have shown up,I was told at 7wks pregnant that I was having twins,every pregnancy is different,and you will show more and more on more pregnancies, you will just have to wait till your next scan but personally I doubt it if they didn't tell you there and then