Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sept 15 babies

Replies

• Options

Snap mrs biffy - the weaning really helped us too - though my girl wasn't really into food as late as 7 or 8 months! Everyone kept saying to me when she was 5months 'Oh feed her, feed her,' so I tried, but she just didn't get it until much later - but that's when we found things really turned around for us. And we did baby led weaning too as she wasn't having any of the spoon feeding (unlike my chunky monkey first born!).

• Options

Thanks Danielle & mrs biffy... It's nice to know its not totally out of the norm that he dislikes tummy time so much! & with the clenched fist thing.

i gave dayton his first taste of food yesterday! Rice cakes yesterday then baby cereal for breakfast this morning... He loved it & wanted more! I was planning on waiting until 6 months but that is only 2 weeks away so i know its no big deal... & he just seemed like he was ready for more than just milk... He has been much more content today. Could be a coincidence or maybe his tummy just washy feeling satisfied with just milk even though he often feeds every 2 hours during the day!. 

What foods have you tried wren on so far mrs biffy?

• Options

How's the weaning going SW2?

• Options

Well... He loves baby cereal, sweet potato, rice cakes & banana but HATES carrot!! going good though... It's bittersweet isn't it... Exciting that they're growing up / learning new things but sad that time is rudhing by so quickly! 

Here's pic of the reaction I got yesterday when the banana was finished! Lol

• Options

What a cracking pic! Keep trying the carrot, they're fickle these babies with their food - I remember mine loving this lentil stew thing, so I made a massive batch, and of course, she refused to eat it ever again!!!

• Options

Oh my goodness Dayton, what a face!! I think even if they're not eating much of the food (as is often the case when you start blw) they do find it a fun and interesting new activity so it makes them happier. 

wren has had all sorts so far! Just starting our 4th week of weaning. She's had any vegetable you can think of 😂 also a bit of minced beef, cheddar cheese, mashed potato, hummus, and is currently enjoying a mini breadstick with beetroot dip. I have extra bibs and wipes ready today!! She really hasn't turned her nose up at anything yet, just the method of food delivery so she holds her own spoon and licks food off. 

• Options

Clearly the breadsticks weren't enough so she's now eating her bib 

• Options

Thanks Danielle... I'll keep trying with things! 😊.

That's great Mrs. Biffy! Can I ask... With the mash, how did you do it as I know with blw you're supposed to give them anything you eat but my doc said no cows milk until a year old so did you mash her but with breast milk / formula? Or is a tiny amount of cows milk in the mash ok?

• Options

You can give cows milk in food if it is cooked so for instance, in a sauce. I just gave her plain potatoes this time. May add some cheese and herbs next time. I think you could definitely add a little of his usual milk though, either would work!

• Options

Thanks! 😊

• Options

Hi all, long time no post again. 

Stanley is now 6months and is a right little chunk he is only 5 pounds lighter than his 21mth old brother James. Stanley has no teeth and no sign of any yet (James was 15mths when he got his first)

I've started weaning and at the moment it is a bit hit and miss. He either rolls the food around then eats it or just blows it out raspberry style, here's a picture post baby rice

.image

• Options

Made some breastmilk gummy bears today for Dayton. They were super easy! If anyone is breastfeeding & would like the recipe let me know & I'll post it 😊

• Options

Ooh me please! I think my son will probably pinch some from his sister too ;)

• Options

WOW SW2 - I've never heard of these before! Do share please!

• Options

Sorry, me again... we were wondering if you might let us know on this thread how long you stayed in hospital after having your baby? Apparently in the UK we have the shortest stays in hospital, so we'd love to see how it compares nationwide.

• Options

imageThey turned out great and Dayton LOVED them! .... They're cold to the touch but melt in his mouth super quick so there was no worry about him choking on them.
    Here's the recipe: (
    i used a little less gelatin... 2 small sachets was prob abound 1 & 3/4 tbsp & I used gerber baby juice instead of regular fruit juice... & 1/4 cup breastmilk is roughly 2 oz). Super easy to make!

• Options

That's fab thank you!

• Options

You're welcome! 😊

• Options

Hi all, how it's all going? I've had a week from hell! last thursday evening I notice I was getting a pilidonal sinus again, doctors Friday, hospital Sunday, hospital Monday. 9 hour wait for operation to be told they could no longer do it the same again Tuesday day, admitted Tuesday night, operation Wednesday morning! Longest I've been away from Macie and I absolutely hated it!! Another operation in a couple of month which will stop any sinus coming back again!! So anyway my little darling is doing amazing, sitting up, she's learnt how to high five and we're getting there with the waving good bye, 2 teeth, weaning has been a success after a rocky start, rolling over, and getting on all fours, we have baba, dada and mama, love this age, all this learning I love it, I've attached a recent photo of macie and myself ,, and would like to ask people opinions on strmillers, I would like soemthing sturdy, that looks nice, but is quite compact when folded and light weight, I have the oyster 2 currently but as I'm due back at work in may, her grandparents are having her 2x a week and need something easier and lighter than my oyster, any reccomendations, how all your lovely little baby's and yourselfs are doing well , image 

• Options

Hi everyone, your weaning pics are fantastic! We wanted to let you know, we're running a comp on our Facebook page (for posting mealtime pics) and you can win a whole load of weaning stuff... you can check it out here.