Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sept 15 babies

Replies

• Options

Hi all, sorry it's been a whMike, always seem to be a busy bee! well Macie was 5 months old on Thursday, she has a tooth and another on the way, she is sitting up and is nearly rolling over! Not been a baby long at all 😢. I've tried weaning but she seems to have a sweet tooth and wont have anything that is savoury 😫, she's still sleeping through the night and really is just a Delight! Hope all your little cherubs are doing well! image

• Options

Vicky2008, Macie sounds like a dream! How are you fnding the teething? We bet that carrot is helping!

• Options

The teething (dare I say it) is actually a breeze, I've had to use baby bongela once and she hated it so not used since other than that it's a carrot as above  teething rings, lots of dribble and Rosie cheeks but thats it, my 7 year old son was the same, such a lucky mummy as both my babies have been very easy babies compared to the horror stories you hear lol xx

• Options

she is now 20wks still sleeps threw not intrested in food at all happy with just her milk no teeth 😞image

• Options

murf, you girl is just gorgeous! (And nice to put a face to a name if that's you holding her in the piccy!)

My little one wasn't interested in food until she was about 8months old! Now she's a food monster!

While we're here, we were wondering (if you don't mind us getting personal!), did any of you have a tidy up of your pubic hair before having your babies? We've got a thread all about it over here!

• Options

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Jude is great, a good 15lb 10oz last week and almost 4 and a half months old. He is teething but not doing too badly xximage

• Options

Wow coco80, Jude has grown SO much! Is he still on just milk or are you thinking about food?

While we're here, we were wondering if any of you September mums fancied sharing (quite a bit actually) how long you waited/or if you're still waiting to make sweet, sweet love with your partners... we have a thread about it over here...

• Options

Hello ladies. Finally found five minutes to post. It's been busy here with colds, family visits, birthday cakes. I honestly don't know how I'm still going! Wren has stopped sleeping so well although the combination of moving her into her cot and being ill hasn't helped. She is rolling, trying to sit, and shoves anything in her mouth if it's close enough. Will wait a little longer to start baby led weaning nearer six months. No teeth yet! But DS was still gummy on his first birthday so not expecting any soon. 

photo taken this morning :)

• Options

Jude is still just on milk...for now. He sleeps really well - 9-11 hours at night so we feel very lucky xx

• Options

mrs biffy, Wren is just beautiful! Her name is simply perfect for her! 

Hello everyone else too! We really hope you and your babies are doing well. We hope you guys haven't been struck down with the dreaded lurgy that's doing the rounds - we had projectile vomming in the car last week....

In other news, we were wondering what you thought about kissing your kids on the lips. Especially when they get older! Do come and take a look at the thread here if you fancy it.

• Options

Hi everyone, it's been a little while since we've seen some of you, so we wanted to let you know about a few things happening on the forum.

The first is, we're looking for baby toy testers (under a year old). We would send you toys for your baby, and all you'd need to do is film them playing with it. Plus you get to keep all the toys we'd send you! If you're interested in finding out more, check out the thread here.

We also wanted to make sure you keep your eyes peeled for a thread we're running tomorrow where we have a £100 voucher to give away.

And finally, do you give your children/or did your parents ever give you a Valentine's card? Do come and tell us about it on this thread.

Over and out for now!

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about this thread we're running about reading to your child/children. There's a lovely £100 voucher up for grabs, so please do check it out if you have a monent.

We hope to see you soon!

• Options

Hey everyone sorry i been absent just been hectic with people coming to visit, Lyra is over 5 months now no teeth but i have put her on baby food and she is doing great with it! 

we finally have her on a set routine and she seems to be doing great at sticking to it aside from the teething making her a bit teary at night, she is now sitting up unsupported still a little wobbly but getting their and she is attempting to get on her knees she will be crawling in no time! 

• Options

Hi sfw. Lyra is such a cutie! Glad to hear she is getting on good with her first foods!

Dayton was 5 months last week.. Like lyra he hasnt got any teeth yet but i dont think it'll be long. 

We're holding off a few more weeks for starting foods.... Trying to wait until 6months & he doesnt seem super interested yet so i think it'll be ok.

I love that they are starting to get a proper little personality now. Last week we met up with a friend whose baby is 10days older... Dayton was loving 'chatting' to her & then started teasing her... Offering her is hand to chew on (as they were both trying to get their whole fists in their mouths) then every time she went to take his hand he shrieked & pulled it back into his own mouth! He did it at least 10 times... Was so funny! 

He's just the last month or so really started to engage with the baby story time & music groups we go to... Its so nice to see.

does anyone else do any classes or groups with the babies? 

Also planning on taking him swimming soon to see how he likes that. Anyone else tried swimming yet? 

Here is a pic from last week:image

• Options

Hi everyone,
    We hope you’re doing well with those babies of yours, and they're letting you catch some shut eye.

We just wanted to let you know about some threads happening on MadeForMums.
    The first is this: Would you put your baby in a box? It sounds bizarre, but it’s a cardboard box for your baby to sleep in! Read more about it here…

Also, having recently given birth, would you do it with your entire family present? A woman in America just did, with her husband, sisters, mother-in-law and her daughter all there! Please do come and tell us over on this thread here.

And finally, tell us about any books you read to your child and you could win a £100 voucher! That thread is over here!

• Options

Hi everyone, we wanted to stop by as your babies must be approaching the six month mark soon? We thought it might be nice if you posted a 6 month shot so we can see how far your babies have come? We hope you're all doing great!

• Options

Another couple of weeks until Dayton turns 6months... Will post his pic then though! 😊... So much to look forward to! I'm so excited to get him started on solid foods to see what he likes etc.

hubby is away for 3 weeks at the mo... Single parenting isn't so much fun! I love Dayton to bits & love spending time with him but it's so tiring on my own that I'm definitely relieved once he's in bed for the night! Good practice though for the next 4month deployment!... Should find out in a few weeks whether he will go in September or January. Not looking forward to that but once I know when it is I can start planning things to keep us busy & pass the time! 

Dayton is now having weekly occupational therapy to improve his upper body strength as he is apparently a little behind in terms of his development of tummy time amongst other things (he's still not a fan but he does do it & push himself up & roll but apparently he should be using his forearms more for weight bearing now rather than keeping his arms back underneath his shoulders) he can only tolerate a few mins of tummy time at a time without having a meltdown though! he also still prefers to keep his fists clenched & thumbs in the majority of the time which the ot says he shouldn't be doing now. We have a ton of stretches & exercises that we have to do throughout the day... Poor guy hardly gets chance to just 'be'!. On a positive note, his torticollis is pretty much resolved now & he only has to see the physio once a month for that. How is eveyone elses lo's doing with these things? 

How is everyone else doing generally?

• Options

Wow SW2, 3 weeks alone with a baby is tough. Have you made many friends since being Stateside? Are you doing baby groups and the like? When your hubby does the 4month deployment, will you have friends or family visiting who can help out?

I know all babies are different, but my two loathed tummy time - they would go facedown on whatever surface they were laying belly down on, and then scream, so we didn't do it...

• Options

Hello! My son hated tummy time too. He just face planted like yours Danielle so we didn't do a lot either! Wren was a lot happier to play on her front until she learned to sit and now if she wobbles over and rolls onto her tummy she just gets cross. She has little clenched fists quite often still SW2, but I am finding that weaning is helping her co-ordination and grasping. We started a couple of weeks ago. Earlier than I had planned but she was ready and our Health Visitor recommended it due to her weight/growth slowing a little. The weight had a lot to do with 3 weeks of a virus to be honest!