Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

I dont think i have pnd but there have certainly been times where if i let it ...it could creep in but fortunately i have managed to pull myself out of it and i have support so its good. 

im fine and the hv is coming back next week to check on me. I was just expecting more from the doc thats all !!

• Options

Hi all 

had a manic last week, baby is still jaundice, has tongue tie (getting cut this week)and found out today he has a milk protein intolerance after finding blood in his poo and based on a rash and his behaviour the past few nights. We are now on prescription milk. They took so much blood from 2 places as the blood wouldn't flow the on first one he screamed so much he fell asleep from exhaustion!!! I am dreading the injections now!!!

I stoll don't feel comfortable with him being baby sat and I actually don't think I ever will I'm still so possessive of him I've only just gotten ok with people holding him 🙈 

I also have massive anxiety it's been awful since I've been pregnant so I totally understand how you feel jeanetta and if you ever wanna bounce off another mum pls feel free to pm me or exchange numbers sometimes talking it out helps x 

• Options

Oh Lbester I hate people holding Toby, we went to a party on saturday and it was a nightmare people wanting to cuddle him, ended up putting him in his sling so nobody else could hold him lol!

• Options

Tina I literally said to my husband we should've bought a sling!!!

• Options

God I'm so tired!! Husband works shifts and has had really long hours this week and worked 6 days so I've done all the nights and been on my own most days. Ben's stopped sleeping, today he went down at 11.30 was up at 2 till 3.40 then husbands alarm went off at 4.10 and that stirred him then he came back in the room for a tie and when he shut the door it woke him completely and we ar3 still awake now. I'm so tired I'm writing this so I don't fall asleep with him on me. As soon as I put him down he whinges 😣

• Options

Oh first :( I hope you managed to catch up on some sleep! I feel your pain, Finley seems to have his days and nights muddled up 🙈 He sleeps so quietly during the day but at night he grunts and stirs constantly! Zzz

I'm dreading my husband going back to work next week! How do you all do it!?! Finn's not latching on so I've been expressing breast milk with the occasional formula top up. It's exhausting - I'm in a constant cycle of sterilising, pumping and feeding!

• Options

Peanut try nipple shields, Toby latched easily to them as they like a bottle and now I am breastfeeding without them, took a bit of.time but have been off them completely for a week now so worth a go and then you dont have to do the pumping etc as can get all milk from you and should stimulate you better than a pump. Medela contact are the best ones if you want to try, good luck x

• Options

Lbester....do you want a sling ? I have one but Amelia hates it ....

• Options

I got a sling and it's great for when Owen wants a cuddle but I need to get dinner and things. 

I'm struggling this week as hubby has gone back to work and Owen is only sleeping 2 hours at a time day and night before he wants a feed. I've bought some hungry baby formula to give him overnight as he is waking every 1.5 hours for food and I'm exhausted. I'm trying to do all the night feeds as hubby working and I'm struggling to nap in the day  

Owen seems to really be straining to go 💩 at the moment. He really grunts and goes bright red, sometimes cries then goes back to sleep. I'm trying cooled boiled water but the midwife was quite against it. Anyone got any tips?

• Options

Emma try massaging belly clockwise and cycling legs/push knees up. I think they are just learning still how to go as sometimes if I wipe Tobys bum it stimulates him to have a big one when he hasnt done it himself.

X

• Options

I totally empathise with the not sleeping, Harry loves waking up every hour, will sleep soundly in his pram when I'm not in the house though. Really could do with another pair of hands though this single mum lark isn't easy sometimes. On the plus side I get all the cuddles and he's been giving out so many smiles the past week, he's really clever I'm so proud of him. He's 6 weeks tomorrow so going for my 6 week check at the drs and hopefully I'll be able to drive and more importantly have a bath! I'm a sucker for a soak in the bath got so many products for my birthday - can't wait!

janette hope you're feeling ok, feel free to message me if you need a chat, I'm always anxious and always awake! 

lbester hope little one is ok, sounds like he's had a tough week, and you too 😓 Poor pudding. I've been dreading jabs since I found out I was pregnant I'm going to be a mess

peanut have you had anyone help you with his latch? Point his nose to your nipple and he'll open his mouth nice and wide, holding him in different position might help too. 'CHINS' helped me http://www.breastfedbabies.org/how-it-works/positioning-and-attachment

Heres a couple of pictures from his new born shoot the hungry catipilar melts me!

imageimageimage

• Options

Thanks Tina, I'll try that. 

Laura those pics are adorable and huge kudos on doing this solo. Hubby did 1st and last feed last night as I was so tired and he didn't get to the gym and has fallen asleep twice on the sofa so I think he now appreciates how tough it is. Can't you have a bath after a c section?

• Options

Didn't see your message about 💩 It hadnt loaded, Harry struggled a bit and a warm bath helped him, massage his tummy clockwise round his belly button. I believe a cotton bud wiggled around his butt hole helps too (with vastiline I think?) as well as bicycle legs. Hope he goes soon, and not all over your bed like Harry did to me 🤦🏻‍♀️ carnage!! 

You cant soak the wound, showers are fine but the baths are no gos, I cannot wait for tomorrow! I personally think I could have a few weeks ago but not worth risking an infection xxx

• Options

He does go 💩 it just seems a lengthy effort for him but I will try the wiping his bum, massage and cycling. 

I didn't realise I couldn't bath, oops. I didn't have any instructions when I left hospital and only know certain things as my sister had a section 3 years ago. 

• Options

I drove just after 2 weeks after my section. The hospital said it's at least two weeks now and after that it's when you feel comfortable.  Rang my insurance and they said they didn't need to be told anymore for sections. I healed really quickly to be fair, it does feel numb around it though. 

Ben was horrendous all day, literally screamed all day only slept for  max of 20.mins, I went to bed at 9 and said i would swap with hubby at 12, didn't sleep cos I could.hear him screaming, then it went quiet and hubby came up at 11, Ben slept till half 3 and then only.was awake for half hour for a bottle then till 7!! I feel like a new woman for sleep and he is so much happier today too!! Thank god!!!!

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wondered how are you getting on? Are you managing some rest? 

Laura those pictures are utterly beautiful! 

• Options

Hi everyone!  Laura- beautiful photos :-) 

Milo started on baby gaviscon Friday afternoon and has slowly become a different baby!!

He no longer screams during and after a feed (for 1-2 hours ) in pain- that horrible high pitched cry.. we can lie him down after feeds and talk, play and sing to him without having to pick him straight back up!! A HUGE weight off my shoulders as I have a comfortable happy little dude that I can enjoy!! Hope everyone else is good :-)

Xx

• Options

Well  i just had a traumstic morning with the lady who was checking bens tongue tie.she was an awful lady! Made me feel like worse mum ever! I fed him and patted he's back to wind him and she was like don't pat him you wouldn't like it if someone hit your back you should stroke it, I then lent him forward sitting the next time and she said never wind a baby like that because your crunching them up so will make it worse!!even though everyone winds baby's like that!! Then she said I need to.make.sure I look.in he's eyes when I feed him cos he was following her with he's eyes, i.said he does look at me but he likes bright colours so is following your top, then she said he's got a.funny shape head and implied I leave him laying down for hours which he doesn't, he only bloody sleeps for a max of  3 hours and that it looks flat on one side , that's also because I feed him in my right arm and should keep changing sides! She made out like he looks really deformed! She said he's got silent reflux too And he is tongue tied and she's the one who has to cut it next week!!  At the start she asked if he was tied why would i be wanting it cut if not worried about feeding; i said because it can cause speech problems, she said yes and apendix could burst would you want them taken out too?! I see my normal health visitor next week I'm going to say the way this.one spoke and looked down her nose at me is disgusting. I came out phoned husband and cried. She's made me feel awful, if someone was already down she would have pushed them over the edge. I went to my mum's straight after and we have been staring at he's head and can't see it! My normal nice health visitor was round last week and she didn't say anything about a funny shaped head and she was holding him for ages whilst chatting!! I want to find out if someone else can cut the tie but don't want her to know I don't want her to do it because she upset me incase there isn't anyone else!

That's great news Zoe!! 

• Options

Omg first seriously wtf!! I would put a complaint in that's horrific treatment. She shouldn't be allowed to get away with that and don't let her anywhere near his tongue!!! We had an ENT surgeon whos also a professor do Theo's. Lbester have you been for your little ones appointment yet?? 

Things are slowly getting back to normal here after 2 family deaths, my hospital admission, my dad's tumour removal op and we've just had the best news it's not cancerous! 

I feel we can start enjoying our little family now   xx

Danielle - I was wondering about the lovely ladies who didn't make it to the end and sadly suffered early MCs would you know of they've gone on to become pregnant again? I really hope so xx

• Options

Well done Zoe! First, I  would also complain. I put in a complaint about my nct class as I didn't learn how to burp a baby but I did learn how to resolve conflict with OH! 

I was gonna say I'm struggling but after everything you've been through Flouncy I feel quite dramatic!

Owen was having 6 feeds a night as he is a very greedy baby. I switched to hungrier milk which has given him constipation to the point where he screams when straining and then can't drink a whole bottle without stopping for a tummy rub and leg bicycle. He was up yesterday from 6.30 until 00.10 but then slept through well in the night. He has been a little fusser today, sleeping for about an hour then having a crying fit then just falling asleep again. Nothing seems wrong other than the straining. 

If I have a good night he seems a monster in the day and vice versa. 

MIL is being a royal pain in the backside saying she never sees him but refuses to get 2 buses over and expects me to get them to her. I've tried explaining that it would cost £8 and it's too much 3 weeks after a section but she threw a hissy fit yesterday and my rest time was spent at hers so she doesn't make hubbys life awkward. 😡