Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

I know first I do feel for him 

and ange it infuruates me that we all pay for the same NHS but the budgets and times in each borough are soooo different x

• Options

Budgets and rules!!! Not times 😕

• Options

Hello!
    Two threads we're talking about today, we'd love to hear from you! 

Morning sickness: does anything actually help? Please come and tell us if anything helped while you were pregnant.

Your waters breaking - how did it happen for you? Please come and tell us on this thread. 

• Options

Hi ladies I need to do some catching up! I've been in hospital! Started feeling really unwell Thursday of last week. Theo was 2 weeks old and i had just finished antibiotics for a urine infection. Hubbie is a paramedic and didn't like how things were going so took me straight to a and e. I was seen straight away and within a short time was hooked up to IV anti biotics and being treated for sepsis! Apparently I had developed endometrisis from the section and possible the uti wasn't clear3d up. So we had to stay in hospital for 3 days on IV antibiotics and then home with oral meds for a further 5 days. It's been awful! Adding to that the little guy has tongue tie and breast feeding was so painful as his latch was so shallow. Anyway we are home now and he had his tongue snipped earlier this week which has made a huge difference to my pain!! He's back to 11lb5.5 his birth weight after 2.5 weeks so we are really pleased with that considering our challenges!! Hope everyone is keeping well us will have a read back through the thread to catch up xxx it's been a scary time and the midwife today was saying we were absolutely right to get to a and e when we did as this is the biggest cause of maternal death in the UK!! Crickey image!!!!

• Options

Bloody hell flouncy glad to hear you are ok now!!! It's mental the things that can go wrong x 

glad the tongue tie got dealt with out appt is next week thank his but I'm no longer breast feeding so I commend you for persevering x 

• Options

Aww thanks for waiting so patiently for our arrival ladies! Needless to say it didn't go to plan! I'll post my birth story later but for now meet my little dreamboat Finley! 💙😍 8lb 5 at 12 days late!

Sorry, I've missed so much. I'll read back and catch up when I can. Hope you're all well and healthy x

• Options

Yay peanut!!! Congratulations,  Finley is a little stunner well done 💙 Hope you're well, check back when you can, but mostly get some rest (when you're not fixarse on your little bundle) xxxxx

im suffering from a bad cold, I'm so weak and tired (and snotty!) being a single mum who's exclusively breast feeding isn't all that fun right now. Hoping Harry doesn't get poorly 😰 hes 11lb 7oz already, he put on 1lb 1oz in a week, very impressed! 

Thanks so much danielle for my gift it arrived today! 

hope everyone is well Xxx

• Options

Pe4nut, we have been itching to hear from you - congratulations! He's finally here! Finley is perfect - well done and we can't wait to hear more from you. 

• Options

YES peanut well bloody done!! He is beautiful 💙 

Are we a complete bunch of mum and babes now?? Xx

• Options

Congratulations peanut!!!!! Finley is beautiful 

thanks Dannielle for my gift x

• Options

Congratulations Peanut! Finley is super cute and was just very comfy where he was! 

Rest up and catch up when you can Xx

• Options

Congrats Peanut 💙 Hope your both doing well and getting plently of rest

• Options

Congratulations peanut hope your both well x x 

• Options

Hello ladies! Am doing a night feed so thought I'd check in. How is everyone?

We're finally out of hospital - yipppeeee! 

i've just posted my birth story on the big announcement thread..be warned, its loooong! 😂

• Options

Hi Peanut, glad you are out of hospital. I'm also doing a night feed. How are you doing?

I have an angel during the day and a demon at night. He's been up since 3.30 as every time I put him down he cries. Have just woken Dad to give me a bit of a break. People keep saying he will grow out of it by 6 weeks, only 3 to go! 

Wheres the birth story link? I haven't had a chance to read or post on there yet. 

• Options

Morning ladies, im also doing yet another night feed was up at 3am and 5am he's giggling away. I'm full of a cold and so tired 😭 Wish I could sleep for a full 8 hours im desperate for it. How is everyone doing? Xxx

• Options

Birth story link for you Emma. 

• Options

Hi all 

Long time no see !!! Yay peanut he is a beaut !!

Amelia had her 8 wk jabs yesterday OMG it was the most horrific thing i have ever bern through but she is ok today. Bit of a temp and very cuddly but love that 

I had my 8 wk check and was surprised....the doc asked me how i was. I told him yhe hv thinks i have slight anxiety and im borderline pnd....ive had a couple of really low days and didn't want to get out of the house. He just said well it is your first you are going yo be anxious....and then nothing more. Then he did my bp and my weight gave me a prescription for the implant asked if i had a normsl delivery...i said no episiotomy...forceps and shoulders got stuck and he said ok thanks that's all see you soon. 

No checking my contraction of uterus..no checking that ive healed....no nothing

I was expecting more .....

• Options

We are always up at 3 and 5 without fail!!  Ben is huge, so long that he was constantly waking himself up in the crib.  Mum and dad had him overnight on Saturday as me and hubby had a party that had been planned for ages and wanted a nice night out and drink.  Mum and dad really wanted him and although I felt guilty at first I had the best night, was so nice to have some grown up time and a lot of gin! They sent regular updates and completely dote on him so knew he was in good hands, was so nice when they bought him back in the morning though!! They bought a ridiculously expensive travel cot(150 and it was in the sale!!!) and  said he only woke once, so we have pinched it! It's amazing!! He's got so.much room so doesn't wake himself up whacking hes.arms and legs into the side, he sleeps like a starfish!! Shame cos we bought a lovely swinging crib but it's just too small. We did consider putting him in he's real cot but I don't want him in.hes own room yet!! So we have stolen the travel cot and hes much more peaceful !

Jeanetta your doc sounds rubbish!!!! So bad because you have told him you haven't been feeling right and he's dismissed it. Don't ignore your feelings and don't go back to him! Ask.your health visitor if there is someone else you can speak to, even if you think you only have mild symptoms don't leave them to get any worse. You just need some reassurance and maybe someone to talk to not.to be dismissed!!

I've joined weight watchers so have been walking lots with the pram, thought it would be nice to walk and join library, He slept the whole way and then screamed whilst i.was registering! Talk about cringe!!!!

• Options

Thanks Danielle. 

I agree Jeanetta, I would speak to someone else about it, things like this shouldn't be ignored and you need to get the support you deserve!!