Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

So many cute babies! Noah is 7 months tomorrow! He's on two meals a day and planning on moving onto three very soon, but I really want to get him on some finger foods. Any suggestions?

He has his two bottom teeth already, but luckily they don't seem to be hurting him very much... yet.

Don't think we'll have more than one 🙈 My last pregnancy was awful and I don't want to know what I'll do if I get two months of awful morning sickness again. We may change our minds in the future, but I'm a little afraid to if I'm being honest.

• Options

Ah cutie Noah. 

Jve found cucumber a good start. Long strips. Water melon, peppers, just anything they can hold and practice putting to their mouth. X

• Options

haha yeah I suppose so. 

When you say 3 meals a day WLJ, what sort of things is she having? 

• Options

imageimageimagewe are on 3 meals a day here, doing baby led weaning, and he has snacks as well. He basically eats anything he can get his hands on (including stealing sausages off plates when we aren't looking 😂) 

Jade, I got pregnant with Fletch when my eldest was 9 months. It was difficult, but not as tough as I thought. My milk never dried up during the pregnancy, and now I tandem feed them both. 

• Options

Ah love seeing all the babies growing up. 

All is good here Iris is doing great she loves her food she has 3 meals a day and we finally braved finger foods which she loves. As an idea Mochi she has weetabix or some sort of baby cereal for breakfast for lunch she has scrambled egg, ommlette, toast, or some sort of veg dish like broccoli and cauliflower cheese then for dinner she has meat/fish and veg she likes shepherds pie and tonight she has had chicken pasta bake I downloaded the made for mum's weaning app and get lots of recipes from there then I cook them and freeze them.

We went to Turkey at the end of May Jadeelx Iris managed well with the heat we just kept her in the shade and kept taking her in the pool to cool down the baby pool was covered so was nice and shaded so we could spend lots of time in there. I also got a fan that clips onto the pushchair which was good for when she was napping in there. 

As for thinking about another baby we are thinking and planning 😂 because I have diabetes pregnancy has to be planned carefully. I had an 8 yr gap between Joe and Iris so I would love to have 2 close in age plus my husband is nearing 40 so we don't want to leave it to late 😂 my period has only just returned though so not sure if breastfeeding will effect my cycle and I'm not ready to stop feeding Iris yet.

imageimage

• Options

Laura Iris Is just so cute! love the pics. Thanks for the tips, I bought a fan with a clip too and it was honestly the best thing I got for the holiday! We clipped it everywhere and really helped to keep him cool lol.

well I just found out I’m pregnant so hopefully my milk doesn’t dry up like you Karen!! Call me crazy I really didn’t think it would happen that quick. Part of me is not celebrating just yet as I’ve had miscarriages in the past, so just going to take it easy and see how the next few weeks go. 

Nasr got 2 teeth now! Came out on holiday, I feel like he’s a proper little boy now xx

• Options

@Laurah22 Iris looks so cute, She sounds like a good eater. 

@jadeelx wow two teeth, cute pic. Congrats, not everyone dries out seem rear as other mums I know didn't and most tandem feed. I did not dry out when I was pregnant for Joel but I wasn't keen on tandem feeding so weaned Tim off gradually from 20ish weeks. I did get the aversion around then but was told if I had persevered it would have stopped. I wasn't put off by it just didn't think I could handle a toddler wanting to feed at the same time as the baby.

• Options

Thanks fludu! That’s good to hear, I really don’t want to have to stop feeding as he’s so little. We well see how things go, I’ll keep a close eye on him. I still have to get him weighed every 3 weeks due to his larynx, so we will see. 

I just re read my post and didn’t mean to write ‘like you Karen’, just i hope it doesn’t dry up karen... can I blame it on baby brain lol  

Cant believe he is going to be a big brother!! 

X

• Options

@Jadeelx I agree he still is plus there are benefits to continuing especially with short age gaps and also benefits to the baby having an already established milk supply

I know can be exciting and scary. My age gap was 18 months but my friend was 16 months and we rather have this experience as it was all still fresh and no shocks plus I have found second babies more chilled than the first

• Options

Exactly Fludu!

How’s little Joel? He is so cute he’s really coming along!

• Options

Wow jade, congratulations :) 

There is exactly 18 months between my two, and it's lovely. I hope all goes smoothly for you x 

• Options

Thank you Karen!! ❤️

• Options

Fab news Jadeelx, we're over the moon for you! 

• Options

Congratulations jadeelx that's great news hope your feeling ok 😊 

The fans are great I have used mine so much with the hot weather we have been having although Iris just likes to play with it.

Iris really is a good eater she hasn't turned her nose up at much yet 😂 she had just been diagnosed with eczema it's all under her chin and has been so sore and infected so she she is on antibiotics at the moment but it's starting to look so much better!

imageimage

I have been making breast milk lollies Iris loves them 

• Options

Hi everyone, lovely to read all these amazing updates. Laurah22, those breast milk lollies are an amazing idea - do you literally freeze breastmilk or are you mixing the milk with anything? 

We were wondering if any of you, can help with this thread? A mum of a 6 month old has a few events coming up, and she’ll be leaving her baby with family, and hopefully overnight too. Any tips for how to prepare her baby to be babysat? 

• Options

@DanielleMFM it's just breast milk expressed and put into lolly moulds and then frozen. Great for this warm weather and lovely on her gums aswell :-)

• Options

Congrats Jadeelx. The age gap between Jovan and Mathan is 16 months. I managed to continue bf Jovan during my pregnancy with Mathan but had to mix with formula as I had to return to work at 23 weeks pregnant.

• Options

Thank you! im hoping I will be able to too. 

How are you all doing anyway, heat is making us struggle 😅

• Options

Hello everyone. Do you want to be in with a shot of winning a £200 Aldi voucher? Just come and tell us what you get up to for Hallowe’en on this thread! 🎃

• Options

Looks like I’m not the only one pregnant again. My Albert is 11 months old. What is everyone doing for their first birthdays? I’ve notbeen on here for ages. How is everyone getting on?