Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Girls I've got my first post natal physio appointment tomorrow (as I had forceps and  3rd degree tear) has anyone else had the physio? Also I need to take Rauri with me do you think that's ok? Xx

• Options

Nicola I’m sure it will be fine and probably expected! 

• Options

I'm sure it'll be fine. Not had physio  or offered it after the birth of my son and I had a 3rd degree tear with him. It amazes me how everywhere is so different regarding care whilst pregnant and after care. At my postnatal appointment after Jack I literally had my blood pressure done & asked me what contraception I wanted To go on. They never even checked my urine or stitches. 

I dont think I'm going to bother going to my postnatal one this time after having Ivy. Hope it goes ok tomorrow Nicola xx

• Options

The postnatal check I had was also a bit crap, didn’t check my stitches - which got infected, although I was only 2nd degree tear, so can’t imagine what you poor ladies went through with a 3rd degree tear :-(  They didn’t mention a re check of my fasting blood sugar, which I know I need to book in for, no BP check, Just literally asked if my mood was OK and discussEd contraception.....

Good luck with the physio Nicola, am sure it will be fine to take Rauri 

• Options

Same here ladies, I had an episiotomy and they didn’t check if all had healed ok, just blood pressure, mood and contraception, I had to remind the GP about having a blood test to check my liver function was back to normal after my Cholestasis. 

Love the swimming photos!! Can’t wait to take Abel! 

• Options

Oh I have my 6 week check this week and a gynacology appointment in July to check my stitches. Do you girls not have that aswell? Your right it's mental how the care differs x

• Options

No Nicola. I never ever had down there checked after having jack, no one asked to check my stitches or after theyd dissolve. its appalling really isn't it. Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we have a new member who has just posted about trapped wind in her 10 week old - we're sure she'd appreciate any wise words you might have to offer on this thread here

• Options

I had an episiotomy with Oliver and had my stitches checked at my midwife discharge appointment but that's all, this time I had a few stitches that they asked if I wanted checking at my discharge appointment but they were fine so I said no, never had any further follow up. Haven't had our 6 week check yet just got my thyroid bloods this week and then hopefully won't be on those meds anymore, fingers crossed. 

• Options

I asked them to check before I left the hospital (stayed in for a few days) midwife at my home visit asked if i wanted her to check which I said yes too. Midwife at discharge asked if I wanted another check which I said yes to again. I figure it’s their job and if I want it checked I should ask if they don’t offer, especially as it’s such a sensitive area. 

Does anyone struggle to put baby down during the day? The last weekbir so he won’t go down without waking up. Im wondering if hebis running out of room in his baby box but I can’t think where to put a travel cot and don’t want to put him upstairs alone. Any advice greatly appreciated 😂

• Options

Totally agree Mrs G! if I had of been comcerned  all I'd of asked them to check me but I had no concerns I just think it should be a question they automatically ask when you've had a baby and go for your postnatal check x

• Options

oh yeah they should offer, it can be a bit awkward to ask. I have my  doc check tooorrow and hoping she will offer to look. Will be good to know it’s deffo all ok 😂

• Options

Oh wow when I was in hosp they said I would get an appointment for mine to be checked 6 weeks after birth. The midwife also checked them when she discharged me. I just had my physio appointment and all she did was check my pelvic floor and gave me some exercises to do so that in 4 weeks when I go back it should be just as good as before. I've been overloaded with aftercare by the sounds of it so I won't complain. X

• Options

Hello all, 

I don't know how but probably due to gdpr i dropped off the radar! I've done my best to catch up on the thread and all the georgous babies it sounds like you are all doing amazing jobs! 

Luna Lilac is now almost 7 weeks old, we have been extremely lucky and she sleeps very well like her brother we use a next to me with a mum to me pod inside by clevamumma in it and she goes down and she rarely wakes more than 2 times in the night. I also use a myhummy for white noise which both my babies have been very receptive too. 

A week or so after Luna was born after getting on really well with aptimil she started to be very sick and loose weight so our kind docter put her in whysoy milk which is what Hugo had and as suspected she thrived on it at 7weeks old she is weighing 8lb1oz and is very happy and content. 

Motherhood the second time round fortunately has been All I hoped for much like many posts I have read I try to spend as much time as I can snuggling her, I do feel the guilt for Hugo-Blaze sometimes but I suppose that's the thing with having 2. Aside from the logistics of 2 car seats and 2 bags to pack I have not found it as much of an uphevil as I imagined. Hugo is speaking some more words now but is still not where I want him to be so this is still a big focus for our family.

We both had our 6week check and I decided once again not to go back on any form of contraceptive I just feel a million times better without it! Did anyone else find there docter super pushy to go back on something? 

I could go on and on about the last 7 weeks But i just want to say as always here to support any mummas- and remember it's just as ok to be super duper happy about being a mum. 

P.s Luna is sooooo much happier,cooey and smiler than her brother was! I notice massive differences  x

imageimageimage

• Options

Hi all Evie is now 12 weeks today  it has gone to fast she is due her second lots of injections soon just waiting for my nurse to come back off holiday. 

just been to have her weight today and she is now 10lbs 10ozs. imageimageMy princess 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you doing? We have some new women on the forum who have some feeding questions - can you help? We're sure they'd appreciate any advice, or even just a hand hold, if you can. 

10 week old with really bad trapped wind - that thread is here. 

New mum to a 3 week old struggling to keep up with breastfeeding - can you help? 

• Options

Sitting in cafe Nero with a Mocha feeding Millie when she produces flatulents so loud even a grown man would wince 😵  we are styling it out 😂

• Options

So glad your doing so well Leonna, I'm with you on the logistics of 2 it definitely takes more thinking about when just wanting to leave the house. Haven't had anyone push contraception yet but I will probably go back on something this time, didn't last time as I knew I wanted another baby so didn't see the point. I will have to work out what is best now in terms of my hormone problems and tumour but we'll see what the dr's can suggest.

It's amazing the age differences between them all, can't believe Evie is 12 weeks and Harry is only 5, he hasn't had his 1st lot of injections yet let alone his 2nd. 

Loving the styling it out MrsFish, I especially love it when both my boys are windy at the same time!!

I am loving being back to "normal" again, being able to sleep comfortably, do my shoes up, get out the bath etc. I, for the most part, enjoyed being pregnant but I like feeling like me again however tired I may be. It's also nice to get some couple time 😉😉 without a bump in the way! image x

• Options

so nice to see all the babies doing so well, I can’t believe they weren’t even made a year ago! 

MrsG we have the same issue not being to put Penny down. As soon as I go to put her down she wakes and screams. So basically she’ll only nap on me so I bought a wrap to wear and luckily she likes it so I whack her in that and off she goes for a couple of hours And I’ve got my hands free. It’s not ideal but I don’t really know what else to do! I’m hoping she’ll grow out of it 🤞🏼

• Options

Morning everyone.. Ivy was 6 weeks yesterday & Got weighed she is 11lb 5oz (8lb 2oz at biRth) the last two nights she has done 8-2 and 2:30-6 so happy & not as tired.

hope Everyone is well xxximage