Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

With Penelope’s jaundice at the start we put her  by the window at all opportunities and it faded, so it’s worth a try.

Penelope has her jabs yesterday too, she actually did really well but slept most of the day so hardly took any milk and only wanted to sleep on me or hubby.  She did have calpol so maybe that’s why. Today she’s hardly had any again but is alot more alert. 

Shes now 9 weeks and doesn’t seem to nap much during the day, is anyone else similar? She sleeps well through the night but only catnaps for maybe 20 mins at a time in the day, it’s so hard to get anything done!

• Options

Amelie was the same as Penelope, she has slept a lot and not really fed very well.  

I am going to take her to clinic tomorrow as when weighed by the Dr on Tuesday she had only put in 200g in 2 weeks, which I feel is not great.  Since I gave up Dairy she has been pooing, between 7-10 times a day, where as before it was only once every 5 days!  I forgot to take my red book to Drs app for 8 week check, so she didn’t know how little weight she has put on.  She has grown 2.5cm, still doesn’t weigh quite 10lb, and is 9+ weeks old, now on 9th centile, where as height is above 75th, I am sure it is nothing to worry about, did try to call health visitor today, but they didn’t bother getting back to me......

• Options

aww all these babies having their injections.. Ivy's has hers on 27th June 😩 It's awful for them isn't it.

ivy gets weighed next week when health visitor comes & is finally feeding longer than every 2 hours! yey!!! Xx

• Options

Abel was the same as all of you, our midwife said I could give it to him every 4 hours, so I gave him his last one at 1:00am after his bottle when he woke up and then he did a poo and was soundo until 4am. He’s been so much better today, apart from having a short temperament for things like feeds and sleeps, where I’d normally have a bit of time to get bottle sorted he wanted them immediately. 

He‘s just done 2 more poo’s, so that’s 3 in 24hrs which is unlike him! But possibly just a side effect of the jabs! They’re nasty things! 

Hope everything goes ok at the hospital!! 

MrsFish hope you get some reassurance at the clinic, we had weight problems when Abel was 4 weeks and instead of support just got told to up feeds so she hadn’t listened to me at all when explaining how he wouldn’t take anymore! I was glad I didn’t see that particular Midwife again!! 

• Options

Ladies that are formula feeding, how many ounces are your bubbas taking? X

• Options

Evening ladies, hope everyone is well?

Harry's mild jaundice was sorted by putting him in the sunshine by the window, Oliver had jaundice in nicu and had the Billy blanket but was sorted quite easily so I'm sure it's just a precaution. 

No jabs here yet but I remember them from last time and i think it's the 3rd set I'm not looking forward to, the ones with 5 in one go. Oliver was not happy after his and I hated seeing him like that, hands down the worst part of being a mum seeing them poorly and not being able to do anything about it. If anyone has any alternatives to calpol they can suggest I'd be grateful? Oliver projectile vomits anytime he's given any so wondering if there's something else that's worth a try for when he's ill?

Harry is on formula and usually takes 120ml-150ml every 3-4 hours, he sometimes has a 30-60ml top up if he won't settle and is still hungry. 

• Options

Hallie is 10 weeks old and has 6oz 5 times a day. When she was 8 weeks she weighed 10lb 1 but don't know what she weighs now.

• Options

Ivy has between 4&5oz every 3/4 hours xx

• Options

Abel is 8 weeks and typically takes 5oz every 3 to 4 hours, sometimes he will want a top, usually if he’s sick a fair bit or goes over the 3 hours because of a long nap. Over night we’re abit random, tonight he’s gone from 10 - 3 and he’s only now taken 30ml got too tired, won’t burp (I’ve been trying for 40 minutes) and is now soundo!! I let him take the lead, he can sometimes only go an Hour and a half and he’s crying for more and can take another 5oz.  

• Options

Okay cool. Rauri has been on 4oz 6 times a day and will be 6 weeks on Sunday. He finishes every bottle during the day and the last few days he has gone from 3-4 hours between bottles to 2 hours so I wasn't sure weather to start giving him 4.5 or 5. So sounds about right then if I give him a bit more. I gave him 4.5 yesterday at 1530 and he slept until 2130 then gave him another 4.5 then and he slept until 3am. Gave him just 4 at 3 and we were back up again just before 6. Amazing what that extra little bit does. X

• Options

Morning ladies, hope everyone is well? 

We're doing ok getting used to having 2 boys under 3 to look after though we have our moments. Bedtime can be a struggle, especially if hubby is at work, Harry seems to like to be really fussy/hungry/overtired right as I'm trying to put Oliver to bed and then Oliver plays up when I come back down to sort out Harry. I seem to spend ages going up and down the stairs trying to deal with one or other of them and doesn't help that i'm usually knackered by that point too. I'm slowly getting used to juggling the 2 of them when going out, Harry is easy but Oliver has started his terrible 2's tantrum throwing if he doesn't get his own way when we're out. It is nice that Oliver seems to have taken to the idea of a little brother now and can be quite loving when he wants to be, though he struggles with why Harry can't do or eat the same things as him. He tries to pick him up to play or feed him pepper sticks, biscuits or yoghurt. 

Can't believe it's June already and Harry will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. image x

• Options

morning Becky! lovely photos of your beautiful boy. times flying by isn't it, it's so scary. ivy is 6 weeks on Thursday. time needs to slow down. 

Hope everyone is well xx

• Options

Morning all. I’ve had a breif read through and Harvey has his first lot of jabs on 12th June 😳😔💉 Im going to have to be brave as my hubby is usually with be but has to work! Harvey was 7weeks yesterday and he has 3oz every 2hours mainly, can go 3 if he’s in a good sleep in the day but that’s not all the time. He is still in his own night routine of 8:30 bottle, 9pm sleep, 3am feed, back to sleep till 6am for a bottle 😃 So I’m happy 👍🏻 We’ve got the health visitor tomorrow so it will be good to see how much Harvey is now weighing. At 5weeks was 10lbs 6oz 😂🐷 so I’m guessing he’ll be almost 12lbs haha x

• Options

Evie is on 6oz and has 5 bottles in 24 hours she goes down about 10ish wakes between 1-3. For a bottle then back down till 6-7  for next feed. 

I cant believe she is 3 months on Wednesday. she weighed 9lb 6oz just over a week ago.image My little princess 

• Options

Anyone else having issues with feeding and winding since the jabs? I have to be really persistent with every feed so he takes the full bottle, and before he would be great at getting wind up himself mostly, now I’m trying for almost 40 minutes sometimes to get it up. But it all started after the jabs. Hopefully it’s just that he’s still feeling a bit under the weather from them and things will get back to normal from next week. Just curious to see if any of you are having the same problem :( 

• Options

Awww babygirl she’s gorgeous and a happy little smile. 💖

Tonistar, are you giving him anything since the jabs to help with wind? Fingers crossed it is just a phase and side affect for him after the jabs. Harvey isn’t the best at bringing up wind anyway. Sometimes he will just give us a good big one and other times I’m working on him to burp. I give Harvey infacol 15mins before he’s due a feed (he wakes a bit before he asks for food lol) and gripe water 3 times a day as this helps him with both bowel and wind. 

Well ladies, Harvey fed at 8pm and was asleep by 8:30pm so I thought I was going to have a terrible night due to his normal routine being that bit later but he woke me this morning at 4:30am!! 😃👶🏼🍼💙 I feel so fresh that I’ve stayed up and sorting the kids uniforms etc out ready for their first day back after the half term 😂

imageI think he felt fresh too 💙

• Options

Aww Charley, Harvey’s got such a cute little smile! 

So since my last breakdown I’ve been religiously expressing with that Hakkaa pump  (collecting the letdown from the other boob) whilst breastfeeding. Slowly I’ve managed to collect a few bottles of EBM 100-120ml in the fridge. we have started to feed him a bottle (to top up) when he gets really fussy after being breastfed and this seems to help. He doesn’t cry every hour for a feed anymore and can last a bit longer, and sleeps better at night. He seems much more happy and content.

We are still awaiting the blood test results for the prolonged jaundice. When the dr said it can take 1-2week to get the results, I feel like she was lying, why would it take so long for them to come back? 

J was weighed at 4 weeks and he is now 9lb10oz (2lbs more than his birthweight) Little chunker is defo getting milk, think he defo is a hungry baby. 

We are going to get him registered today. Can’t wait to make it all official 😄

• Options

Thank you Charley harveys has such a lovely smile and he is gorgeous 💙

• Options

Ho ladies just been catching up from 25th May! 

Luke is 7 weeks tomorrow. he hasnt been weighed since day 13 but with me standing on then scales with him I think he is nearly 12lb. He feeds every 1.5-2 hours during the day with 30 min naps so I don't get much sleep during the day but he sleeps brilliantly at night. He was going 8/9- 12/1 but recently he's been going 9-4 then is down again by 5ish for another few hours. 

Weight wise I'm a bit obsessed. I was 11st6 pre pregnancy and felt great. I'm very tall so that weight was perfect and I felt so happy. I went to over 15st during pregnancy. I'm now down to 13st so still have a way to go. Pre pregnancy trousers don't fit bit getting there. I put a lot of weight onto my thighs and hips, my Iove handles have love handles 😂 very jealous of all you ladies back in own clothes and down to pre pregnancy weight. 
    We are EBF and I have a lot of milk. I've run out of room in my freezer and hubby gives him a bottle every day so unsure what to do with all this milk and it seems awful to just discarded it. I get 8oz minimum expressed a day. No idea what o could get if I really went for it but don't want to mess with my supply. I express in the morning more to make myself more comfortable as it's all rock hard after 5+hrs 😂 

no jabs yet. We have our docs check this week o will ask then if I haven’t heard  

we went swimming yesterdsy and he loved it 

• Options

Charley87 We haven’t tried gripe water, i’ve just sent the OH to go get some and see if it helps. We’ve been using infacol on and off since week 3, so will try the combo like you’ve been doing! 

As for the sleep, I was like that the other night! I stayed up after he’d slept for hours because I was wide awake, I sorted out laundry! 

Charlz88 Glad you’ve had success with the feeding! And I agree, I can’t understand why they would take that long, when they’re so hot on you reporting signs of jaundice 🤔 hopefully they'll come much sooner!