Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Noah wakes up at 1am and 4am for a feed the 4am feed is a challenge as he stays awake for ages and doesnt settle back down again. When he does he is back awake at 7. He has for the last 2 days gone 4 hours between feeds during the day but still going 3 on a night. I'm finding it exhausting during the night however early a night I get.
  • Options
    I’m hoping our nights get easier soon, I’m so tired! I don’t feel like we have much of a pattern at mo! I’ve got a app to track things so I can see if there’s any pattern!! Ah girls I’m having such a crap day!! Had to send my three year old into nursery crying this morning, argument with the hubby tonight! Need to cry but don’t want to in front of my three year old!! 
  • Options
    @Andreag1990 i was a bit like that last night!!! Is it still our hormones or does that not count anymore?????
    xxxx
  • Options
    I’m feeling your pain ladies. Oliver has a feed around 10ish, up and 2am and then again around 4am, this can differ an hour or so but I’m exhausted. Only share the feeds with other half at weekends when he’s not working. 
    Haven't been able to sleep during the day when Oliver is asleep as either have people round or busy with washing and other day to day chores.
    parenting is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be 🙈

oh and hormones - surly still got to be a thing as my patience is so thin! Just had a row with the other half over biscuits!! 😂 

I moan but I wouldn’t change my gorgeous little miracle for a second! 

xxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 I like to still blame the hormones 😂but the sleep deprivation certainly doesn’t help! My 3 year old woke me up in the friend crying cause she wanted to go to her friends! After being up with Erin for three hours I wasn’t impressed! I marched her to bed like a army Sargent!! Bless her!! God help me when I get contraception and get a whole new load of hormones to contend with!!   
  • Options
    Haha definitely @Andreag1990! It’s got to be hormones and sleep deprivation etc!!! It’s hard work being a new mum again and then having other children to look after too!!!xx
  • Options
    I have been like this also today not sure whether it is hormones or just the fact I'm so damn tired. I also do all night feeds as my other half works all week. My LO has been fighting sleep tonight since 7pm only just gone to sleep and will be awake again in an hour for next feed with a bit of luck he tired himself out so much he will sleep a little longer or  at least go straight back off once he had his next feed. It's just so hard to get into a steady routine. 
  • Options
    Ladies, when you say you do all the night feeds what do you mean? We have an agreement here that anything before midnight/1am he has to help with or do and leave me to sleep and then anything after that it's up to him if he helps or not. So its currently 2.40am, I fed Dexter at 10 then passed him to my hubby who winded him and settled him whilst I went to sleep. Dexter woke again about 2.15, but my husband heard him first so he changed him then came in and passed him to me and I gave him a bottle and I'm now settling him whilst my husband sleeps. In my opinion you both chose to have a baby so you need to be supported, you are still healing and aren't getting to sleep all day either and are caring for a child 24/7 so there has to be compromise, I know lots of people find it weird that my husband helps so much at night but we are a team and he is our son. 

• Options
    So it’s 4:30am, Oliver had his 10pm feed which daddy did. Then he woke up at 1:30 and took 2.5oz, then woke up again at 4 where he has taken 3oz and currently lying on my tummy whilst listening to womb and heartbeat sounds. Sends him off straight away. Now let’s see if I can walk to the bedroom and lay him down without waking up or crying....wish me luck!! xx
  • Options
    Haha @Blondielauz I’m same, Autumn had a feed at 9 which my partner did, then woke for more at 12 and has woke again just now, any feeds past 11 I do as he works all week but weekends he tends to take over then. I might do an odd night feed on weekend which is nice as I get some down time then aswell xx
  • Options
    My OH feeds Noah at 9pm and puts him to sleep. I then takeover after that because my OH works and up at 5am but stays awake till gone 11pm to pick my son up from work as I am still unable to drive. We do everything together on evenings but I find it easier if I get the feeds done during the night as I'm able to go back to sleep once he has had his 4.30/5am feed. I played sounds of the womb last night and found my LO slept alot better and is currently laying in basket listening and drifting off without a sound normally he is quite fidgety and unsettled this time in a morning. 
  • Options
    My hubby does 24 hour shifts where he sleeps there so when he’s on them I get no help... if he’s off I do night feeds n he gets up with two girls in the morning.... if he’s on a small shift we split night feeds.... if it’s before a 24 I tend to do most!! He’s on 3 24 hour shifts this week, which means I tired week for me lol 
  • Options
    We’re similar. Hubby either does the 9/10/11pm feed or the 6/7am feed, one or the other. It just means I get an hours sleep after doing the night feeds. It just depends when she’s due though and where he’s working. His back hurts feeding her in bed (poor thing!🤣🤣🤣) so he can’t really do the night feed any day!!! 
    He does make the bottle in the night though- he’s pretty good really. 

@Andreag1990 24 hour shifts sound awful for you too!!!!

its just tiring isn’t it. I’m trying to enjoy the night feeds as she’ll be my last baby! I’m also trying to accept that fact too!!!🤣🤣🤣 I’d have another tomorrow!!!xxxx
  • Options
    Yeah it’s hard but the service user he looks after needs 24 hour support unfortunately l!! Yeah Erin will be my last too!! It’s hard to let go of the little baby phase I wish I could keep her little for a few years haha!! My three year old wants to be so independent and won’t let me call her baby anymore
  • Options
    Hi everyone, do you have a moment to help with us a question we're asking on the forum today? It's about bathing new born babies and you can find it here. We'd love it if you could help us answer our questions. Thank you blush
  • Options
    Hello ladies. Any mum's on here breastfeeding their babies? Just wanted to ask a question! X
  • Options
    I can't empathize with all this! Rohan is good during the day for feeds and not being fussy..... 9pm comes and he's fussy, won't  settle properly, constantly doing feeding cues but fights the boob or refuses.  This continues until about 1am .I know he's got wind so I burp him and change him and have tried infacol but that's not working.  Gonna try Colief next.  

Hubby is great, he obviously can't do the feed as I'm BF and not expressing yet but he's really good at comforting little one and will be up and supporting me during my little breakdowns.

As a first time mum, I have no idea and hate to Google things as everyone has different opinions!!

I'm breastfeeding @Chlolou 😊

I wonder if @Gigi28 had her baby?
  • Options
    @Chlolou im breastfeeding too
  • Options
    I envy u ladies who have partners  to help in the night. Mine goes back to caribbean next week. Im breastfeeding so theres not too much he can do in the night really but he wakes up too for one of the feeds ti just talk to me. I think im doing pretty good though getting 3 kids out the door to school while tying it in with breastfeeding, asda, school runs, exercise and sleep hahaha
  • Options
    Just wondering if your babies are often sick a little after feeds? My little girl has started to be a bit sicky, nothing major apart from the other day where I'm pretty sure it was the whole feed 😑 she doesn't seem too uncomfortable when she does it, I guess I never expected it with a BF baby but I know it's fairly normal for them to still do it, she's 6 weeks old tomorrow. @ChellaKutti01 my little girl is like this in the evenings and is also fine during the day, it's definitely an evening thing I reckon! She is also very fussy, fusses on and off the boob and doesn't settle well, touch wood she does usually settle after a while and it's never gone on for hours and hours. She tends to get hiccups a lot too! I only BF my little boy for 10 days so this is the furthest I've got, which is why I think I over think things too much this time round! X