Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Louloubee I didn't realise there was a SW diet for breast feeding mums. I might have to look into that for some extra ideas good wise ☺️. And yeah, I'm not so fussed about how much I weigh, I only weighed myself today cause of how my clothes were fitting. So it's definitely more the fact none of my clothes fit, yet a week or two after my section they were fine. Also I've developed horrendous post natal acne (bearing in mind I've never had acne in my life). 

I don't think it helps that I've had about 5 hours sleep too. Everything definitely seems worse when you're tired! 😄
  • Options

How we managed with a toddler and a baby at Tesco . Not easy I tell ya!! Online shopping is the way forward I think! 
  • Options
    @Louloubee I am so glad you managed your trip to Tesco! Well done!

Im finally reunited with Lexie! Mum stayed for an hour and a half was nice to have some company to be honest! Just feel so much more content with my girly here. Although I’ve had to have my cannula in my right wrist this time as I’m still bruised from the 2 I had in my left hand and wrist so I’m struggling a little with winding and picking her up. And a nappy change will be fun but it’s so nice to have her back 🤱🏻
  • Options
    @SpeedyAce If it's trapped wind have you tried Infacol or gripe water? I'm not sure how effective they are personally but could be worth a go if you haven't already tried them.

Other than that the only thing I could suggest is talking to your health visitor or GP for advice incase it's anything more. It does sound (based on what you have said) like a touch of Colic or maybe even silent reflux? If it is then you almost certainly aren't doing anything wrong! I know it's hard, especially when they're screaming in your face... Or directly into you ear when they're over your shoulder being winded 🙉🙈... But trapped wind can make them incredibly uncomfortable. If it's silent reflux then you could potentially end up going down a medication route like @Lmc19xx did, but you'd definitely want to get an appointment with a GP.

Don't beat yourself up for giving him a pacifier either. If it made him happy and stopped him feeling so uncomfortable then that's a good thing 😊 I didn't intend to use one for Harvey but if he absolutely won't settle then I do.
  • Options

Her nanny dressed her in this today, the pink cardigan is mine from when I was a baby! 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 agreed that everything seems worse when you’re tired! I would KILL for 5 hours sleep right now. I’m averaging 1.5-2 hours a night at the mo, and not all in a row! 

Yeah I was on slimming world before and a bit through my pregnancy with Ezra and so when I returned and was bf’ing they gave me the guidelines on that. It’s good they recognise we need extra calories. 

Oh also, incision is healing but not fully closed yet. It’s still a bit painful. And Aurelia is much the same to be honest. Max she’s ever gone without being fed is 3 hours, and won’t sleep anywhere other than in our arms. Starting from Thursday when she’s 4 weeks I’m going to start to install a bath/bedtime routine and try and space out feeds as much as I can during the day. Obv I know we still need to feed on demand so I won’t deprive her if she wants a little drink but going to try take her out for walks to distract her a bit if she’s JUST been fed etc. Will let you know how it goes ! 
  • Options
    @SpeedyAce ahh bless ya, nothing worse than a crying baby for their mama. It does sound like a bit of colic/reflux but if you go to gp be prepared for them to say it’s completely normal and look at you like a neurotic first time mum. I had to fight for 3 weeks and 3 visits to doctor for them to realise that something was wrong with Ezra. Keep on persisting with a dummy, I am, sometimes it’s the only thing to make Aurelia quiet. And give yourself 5 mins. Leave baby somewhere safe, close the door and calm down if you find yourself at the literal end of your tether/ at your wits end. You’re doing so well! 
  • Options
    @MissW1997 oh my, I bet you loved seeing her dressed in that. So blinking cute! 
  • Options
    Thank you @Curiosity101 I contacted my health visitor and she said she’s following the right centile as she should be! So that’s good! I see the health visitor again next week. And if you think about it in 4 weeks she has put on 3lbs and 7 ounces which isn’t that bad lol @Louloubee xx
  • Options
    @Louloubee 🙉😄 I probably am complaining about being tired to the wrong person. It's a shame she hasn't settled more yet 😣. Sleep deprivation is probably one of the worst feelings I can think of. I don't know how you manage with a toddler as well! Hope sleep training goes well, she'll settle in time... I just hope for your sake that it's sooner rather than later so you can get some proper sleep!

That trip to Tesco is impressive, I've barely been anywhere with Harvey and I've only got him to worry about 😆.

Glad your incision is healing again 👍. I think a bit of pain is normal still? I don't think I was completely pain free until just after 4 weeks? And I was lucky to have a very straight forward recovery.

Oh... I meant to mention that I've been using Aurelia as my guide to increasing milk supply 😆. My supply still hasnt increased when I pump so I'm still supplementing with formula ( and I'm too scared to exclusively breast feed yet). But having heard from you how often Aurelia was/is feeding I've started to try to mimic that with my pumping, but only during the day cause I'm sleepy enough as it is! 🤞By mimicking a real feeding pattern my body might respond. I guess it makes sense that my supply wouldn't have increased previously tbh, cause if I'm only pumping at feed times, and only until the moment they're empty then potentially I'm just reinforcing to my body that we're producing the right amount. 🤷
  • Options
    @SpeedyAce it sounds very similar to silent acid reflux that’s what Paisliè has. She hadn’t been sick with her at 1st but as it progressed the sickness started I have noticed a difference since having to go on medication & changing her milk. Go back to gp as it’s horrible seeing them in pain I hope you manage to get it sorted xx
    @Ellie34 I also worried Paisliè had put on to much weight very fast but was assured it was totally normal. She hasn’t lost anything since born. She went from 6.10 at birth to 6.14 in 10 days, then 7.2 when we spent night in hospital then 8.3 last Wednesday 😂 interested to find out what she is next week lol well done Lowen our girls are all coming on a treat 💞 
    @MissW1997 hope your ok & starting to feel bit better & her back home soon, I bet your relieved to have some hugs with your girlie xx
    @Curiosity101 I know how you feel with the chocking incidents they are very scary aren’t they. I have thankfully not had a lot recently due to changing her milk it’s made such a difference. I still have the odd 1 after a cough but absolutely nothing compared to what we were having so it’s worth looking into as it really put my mind at rest xx
  • Options
    ge 
    yesterday we had our 1st baby massage & baby sensory class it was so good ! Highly recommend them I even booked another separate baby massage starting next week so we have 2 a week as it helps so much with the reflux it’s also good to get out & mixing with other babies & mums xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx gorgeous photos! And sounds like you both are having so much fun!!

im feeling much better this morning! I’m on stronger painkillers now and have had 6 intensive antibiotic infusions. I’ve got the scan today to find where the infection is too! Just feel so much more content being in my own room with my baby. She was a godsend last night, fed at 9. 1. And 5. She’s a little superstar! And we woke at 7:40 and I’ve had my beautiful wide eyed girl since! Mums coming up shortly to spend some time with me, slowly going insane here 🤣
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx our girls are definitely coming on a treat! 💖 love those pics! I need to look in to a sensory class. Last night Lowen has gone 4 and a half hour inbetween feeds! She is so good. And she’s still sleeping now so I’m enjoying a coffee! I’m dreading the injections in a couple weeks though! 
    Hope you all have a lovely day, it’s raining here again today! So a day at home today, I really want to watch Toy Story 4 later! Lol xx 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 I've got Harvey's injections on Friday 😔 I've got my baby Calpol ready but I'm really not looking forward to it, especially if I do end up with a slightly poorly baby for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 ah have you, fingers crossed he will be fine 🤞🏻I haven’t got baby calpol yet, do you give it to them before or after? I can’t remember now. Let us know how he gets on 💖xx
  • Options
    @Ellie34 Some people give it before, some after. My plan is to take it with me and ask the nurse. I can always give it to him a few minutes before if she thinks it'd be best, if not I'll just wait and see if he develops a fever. 
  • Options
    Hello everyone. If you're getting in the Halloween spirit and fancy sharing a pic of your pumpkin or your child dressed up, we're giving away a lovely book bundle on this thread here. We'd love to see your pics, so please do come and share them.  
  • Options
    We’re going home!!! So the fluid on the outside of my womb turned septic... if they’d have prescribed me antibiotics to go home with in the first place after all the complications I had then I wouldn’t be here... but I’m getting oral ones now and can go home. 
    Lexie got weighed in today and she’s 7lbs 15 1/2 and she’s 2 weeks tomorrow! So 5 1/2 oz bigger than birthweight!
  • Options
    @MissW1997 That sounds like great news 😄. Here's hoping for plain sailing in the rest of your recovery! 🤞

I've just weighed Harvey using our bathroom scales but I did it with him fully clothed so it's only an estimated weight. I'm estimating he's somewhere between 10lb and 10lb 4oz. He's exactly 2 months old today and 9 weeks on Friday.