Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Louloubee How're you feeling today? Had your incision started re-healing now? How's Aurelia today? 
  • Options
    Congratulations @Jodie1993 Andrew is beautiful hope your back on the mend soon xx
    @MissW1997 sorry to hear about your infection that must be horrible having to go back in but the girls are right it’s absolutely best place for you & you will be home to Lexie in no time at all xx
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM she has been so much more settled with the new milk thank you for asking. Had to go up a teat size to 3months due to the thickness of it but she had taken to that fine. Still has a little cry after feeds when winding but nowhere near the pain she was in before & the sickness has stopped so I’m chuffed she’s managing to keep feeds down now & also more content so 🤞 it’s a little turning point xx
  • Options
    @Louloubee morning lovely. I was kept in the high dependence unit all night as my temperature was too high for a ward but I managed to get some good sleep. I’ve had 2 strong doses of antibiotics and 3 IV bags so far. With an emergency section and infected uterus is one of the side effects unfortunately but they said the antibiotics should flush it out as I did catch it quite early. I was just still feeling sore 11 days post op and knew something weren’t right. And I carried about my day as usual and went to put Lexie down and doubled over in pain. I lay down and I was in agony. Called mum in tears and she told me to call the doctors. So I did and they wanted me in instantly. I had a temp of 38.2 and pulse of 126. So they got me straight up hospital. As soon as I got here the midwife came in after I had my observations done and said I am very poorly and will be in for a bit. 
    So my levels... yes 5 is normal. Mine was 116. So very bloody high! 
    And white blood... 12 and below normal and mine was 16. Mums bringing Lexie up to see me this afternoon I can’t wait! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @Jodie1993 he’s gorgeous! Sorry that you didn’t have a good labour, least he is now here xx
    @MissW1997 oh god poor you! Least you are in the best place, fingers crossed you get better real soon xx
    Im awake early today as taking Lowen-Mila to get weighed this morning! I can’t wait to see what she weighs!! It’s absolutely awful weather here though, bloody pouring down! 
    Hope you all have a nice day xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx That's really good to hear, I'm so glad she's feeling better :smile: - I'm going to keep this in mind for Harvey too if his reflux gets any worse. He ends up coughing during/after every single feed when the milk comes back up. We've been lucky that we've only had a couple of large choking incidences but it scares the heck out of me every feed just incase it happens. 

@MissW1997 Unfortunately infection is common risk of all sections, not just emergencies. That's one of the reasons why natural labour is so much more preferable if possible, normally less complications. Hopefully you're feeling better this morning and your obs are a bit more normal now? The antibiotics normally kick in very quickly if they're going to be effective. 

• Options
    @Curiosity101 I’m feeling a bit better today thank you, still sore but after some sleep and fluids I do feel more human. Heart rate gone down to 86 and temp down to 37 so much better than last night. I’m responding to the antibiotics well, I need to be on IV antibiotics for 24 hours then I’ll have a review and it’ll be either another 24 hours of IV ones. Or oral. If im on the oral I’ll either have to stay in 1 more night for observations or they’ll let me home. I’m due a doctor shortly so I’ll know more then. 
  • Options
    @MissW1997 That's fantastic news :smiley: I'll have my fingers crossed for you that you get the oral ones and can go home asap.

• Options
    I know a few people were talking about weight loss and such the other day... I've found that I'm actually putting on weight now! I only put on 3-5lb whilst pregnant and was straight back into my pre pregnancy clothes once Harvey was here. But now I am literally piling on the pounds, it's really depressing. I'm absolutely starving all the time so I'm almost definitely eating too much. I attribute it to the breast feeding / expressing, but it's massively getting me down.

He's 8 weeks old and since he's arrived I've put on around 4lb (and all of it around my middle, I look similar to how I looked at 5 months pregnant). It's almost as much as I put on in the whole pregnancy and the fact it's all on my middle just makes me a horrible shape. I know you're not meant to worry about things like that, but my clothes are not fitting properly now and I've had to resort back to maternity jeans. I did a bit of googling around the subject and I've seen a number of people who have struggled with the same issues, the leading assumption is that it's hormonal. Most of them are saying that as soon as they stopped breast feeding the weight dropped off almost overnight. :( I'm not planning to stop for such a shallow reason, but it sucks so much.

I'm going to start tracking my food in MyFitnessPal and make sure I restrict my calories to a max of 2000 per day and see how that affects my weight / hunger. So far I'm making mostly good choices, high protein, complex carbs and drinking gallons of water etc but the constant hunger is difficult to manage. I swear my stomach feels like it's digesting itself an hour or two after a meal.

• Options
    Just had the surgeons and doctors in, ive got to have a CT scan today as they want to rule out that my infection has come from the ulcer/fluid that was on the outside of my womb. If it is that, then I’ll need more antibiotics and potentially a drain to reduce the fluid. If it’s not that it’ll be an infection in the inside of my womb and I’ll be able to go on to oral antibiotics. But I’ll probably be in tonight too xx
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 Huge congratulations! Just beautiful photos, and your James is perfect! He totally looks like he's smiling! How are you feeling?
    @Lmc19xx we are so happy to har things are improving - my baby was on hungry formula and we had to go up a teat size too - she was a projectile vomiter until we changed formula (i'm going back 10 years!!!) and it really helped us back then.
    @MissW1997 we are so sorry to hear you're so unwell, but it does sound like they're taking good care of you. How's your mum managing with Lexie? 
    @Curiosity101 we're so sorry you're feeling down about the weight gain - I know it's easy for us to say, but your body is sustaining and feeding your baby, it's doing a job, so please try not to beat yourself up, especially as he's only 8 weeks old. You're doing a marvellous job there, we hope you know this. 
    @Ellie34 do let us know how the weigh in goes! 
    We hope everyone else is alright, you are the loveliest bunch of women, we have to say. 

• Options
    @DanielleMFM Lexie was a little monkey last night for mum! Since being home she’s been a 10:30, 1 and 5 am feeder she’s amazing! But last night she was awake from her half 10 feed till her 1:30 feed. Slept till 3:30. Then was up till 6:40. My Mum said lexie must miss her mummy! I miss her terribly... I woke at 4am for some observation and hearing all the baby cries I cried for my baby 😔

I’ve been booked into my own private room which will be lovely, so just waiting to get out of the high dependency unit and taken up there now to wait for my scan. And mum to bring my baby girl to me 💗
  • Options
    @MissW1997 absolutely 💔But soon you will be reunited. And massive high five to your mummy! 
  • Options
    OMG so got Lowen weighed and she now weighs 9lbs 5!! My little chunky monkey!! But I forgot to take my red book with me so they couldn’t look at the chart and now I’m worrying thinking she’s putting on too much?! She was last weighed 4 weeks ago and she was 5lbs 12 then xx
  • Options
    edited Oct 29, 2019 3:27PM
    Ahh bless your heart. I’m so pleased you’re in the right place. I was wondering if it was anything to do with the ulcer you mentioned. I hope they find out what it is soon so you can be reunited with Lexie. Must be so hard I can’t even imagine. @MissW1997
  • Options
    @Ellie34 I worried the same about Harvey cause he was putting on about 1lb per week which seemed crazy to me. They told me it's nothing to worry about. If you're feeding when they're hungry and only until they're done then that's just how much weight they need to put on ☺️. Also is her head measurement a similar percentile to her weight? Cause that's another good sign that she's just growing how she needs to grow. 😊
  • Options
    Hi girls can anyone give me some advice?
    Alex has become so unsettled this last week (he's now 3 weeks old) and if he's not feeding or asleep(rarely) he is figiting, fussing and crying 😓. I took him to a breastfeeding clinic last week and they thought he had or thrush so we are both being treated but we are on day 5 now and he seems so uncomfortable all the time. He is still breastfed and feeds very often sometimes only 10 mins between feeds and rarely he'll go 3 hours. 
    He seems to have trouble with wind I think, he doesn't settle after a burp has come up though and he gets very agitated before letting out a big fart.
    I feel like I'm doing something wrong.. I had to give him a pacifier today as a last resort when he just wouldn't stop crying and when trying to feed him he kept throwing his head back and off the breast. 
    I'm at my wit's end!!
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 ahh bless your heart. I know it’s so hard not to look at our weight etc. Remember with the section you can’t exactly exercise properly so there will be that belly pouch whilst you’re still recovering and it takes ALOT of work to get rid of it. Breastfeeding is so hard on the body, I feel constantly drained and like you I could snack like crazy. It’s interesting on the slimming world diet for breastfeeding mums they make you eat double the amount of fibre and calcium that normal people are allowed so we do need extra. I’m using MyFitnessPal now too, and sticking to 2000 calories and it seems to be dropping off so hopefully if you stick to that it’ll start to make a difference. It’s not vain at all, don’t ever think that. Our bodies have been through this amazing thing it’s natural for us to not recognise what’s left, and to want to be back to our old selves. 
  • Options
    @ellie34 cor that’s a lot!! She doesn’t look like 9lbs! Why don’t you plot it on the graph in your red book and see if she’s following the same line? 
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx yay for the reflux formula. I’m so pleased it’s helping. That’s why the doctor said to me that only solids will really help it go away as they just need thicker food to keep it down, and cus we were breastfeeding I didn’t use the thicker formula. Fortunately Aurelia hasn’t shown any signs of reflux so far. But I do feel for you, it’s such a hard thing to see your helpless little baby suffer. Hopefully this is it now and she’ll continue to get better.