Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Thanks @Metalchick I'll look into getting one. Do they not have to be able to hold their head up? Oscar can't yet....should he be able to now? Oh that is a really useful way of remembering that! So if I put some in the fridge one day, I can add to the same bottle the next day?x

@Wellcome1 wow 10 until 5 is good :) so when he is asleep that long do your boobs get full and sore still or have they calmed like in the day? X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 it has a newborn head support and can be reclined, he will hold his head when he’s ready do lots of tummy time with him that will help strengthen his neck muscles, lily sleeps from 11pm till about 6-7am my boobs are fuller in the morning but not uncomfortable now you will adjust they say they are like a factory rather than a warehouse so they adjust to how much is needed 

@VRob123 Lily has just started laughing it’s the most gorgeous noise ever 🥰 so adorable and trying to roll now although she most interested in just sitting up 
  • Options
    @SmithL35 my boobs are fuller in the mornings but don’t hurt anymore it can take a while for your body to adjust but it does happen xx 
    denver only started holding his own head 1 week ago and he’s 18 weeks 14 weeks corrected, so he will get there but like metalchick said tummy time is so
    good for neck strengthening 
    u can add new milk to old
    milk just keep to the original date when the 1st lot was pumped xx 
  • Options
    Thanks both :) great! @Metalchick I have started tummy time but feel like I'm not doing it as well as I could as i put him on his mat on the floor and it's still a bit uncomfortable for me to get down to and up from the floor. My tummy feels like I have pulled something, I hope it's not an inside stitch :/ I worry far too much!!!

@Wellcome1 thank you, I will start doing that then :)

So glad I am in this group!! Thanks so much xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone,  love seeing all your photos 💙 Arthur is going to be 13 weeks on Monday 😭 its going sooooo fast, 

He absolutely loves the bath 💙

I've now had 2 periods,  the first one was an absolute breeze..... 2nd not so much,  extreme back ache (like contractions) and it was really heavy and was just over a week. I'm now back in the pill so hoping that will sort it out 🤞

We out our Christmas tree up today 

Arthur loves it 🥰
  • Options
    @SmithL35 on the sofa or on you whilst you’re laying down still counts as tummy time if it’s easier. You could always do tummy time in his cot so you can stand. Anything to make it easier. My knees don’t do well being on the floor 🙈

we've been speaking about trying for number 3 soon  🤣
  • Options
    @VRob123 I really want to start trying but no period yet!! Denver is 19 weeks tomorrow.
    let’s hope we can all go through the journey together again lol xx
  • Options
    @Lucy16277 aww that’s such a cute picture! Denver loves the tree 2! Our babies are growing so fast!!!! I’m still waiting for my period to arrive ☹️ And my boy will be 19 weeks tomorrow 😳 time has flown by!!!! 
  • Options
    @Wellcome1 yes still waiting too, William is nearly 11 weeks. It would be lovely if we can do it together again x
  • Options
    Oh wow can you imagine if we are all pregnant again together that would be lovely, I’m having regular periods again but only just decided to go unprotected I’m not sure if it will happen for us again but I’m happy either way 
  • Options
    Thanks @VRob123, will try it :)

Aww is it normal that I am not wanting to think about having another? We have Oscar but the birth really put me off having another :/ I think his heart condition ha also made us think that we want to just focus on him. It sounds common to want more but I just am not there :( x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 absolutely it’s ok to feel like that and you’ve got a lot on your mind at the moment with the surgery etc plus how many children you have or want is very personal, I’m only thinking about it so soon because of my age otherwise I’d happily leave it a couple of years, any news on the surgery have they got a plan for it yet? How is Oscar? 
  • Options
    Thank you @Metalchick :) 
    He is doing ok thankfully. Feel like he is still putting weight on! This was him this morning....

He slept for 4 hours in the day yesterday which is new, I thought he wouldn't then sleep last night but he did.....I am just finding sleep so hard at the minute. Is anyone else finding after you feed in the night you can't go back to sleep? I thought it was meant to make you sleepy :( 

We see the consultant on the 21st so I just hope there is nothing before then. We went to hospital last Sunday as he had a slight grey/blue to around his mouth but they kept is for 4 hours and let us come home so that was good to know it was nothing serious x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 awww look at that smile he’s gorgeous, it must be such a worrying time for you I was chatting to a relative on OH side and her little boy had to have an op in his heart I don’t know the full details but he’s nearly 3 now and you would never know he’s running and playing and has energy for days
    im having trouble sleeping but that’s because Lily very quickly started sleeping through the night but has now started waking a few times and I’m struggling getting back into that rhythm I’m awake for ages after she feeds, she also only takes 10-15min naps in the day I think she’s scared of missing something lol she’s so nosy but she’s feeding lots so I think she’s having a growth spurt she’s 15wks today 
  • Options
    Ah ok, that's reassuring to know I'm.not the only one. Is it quite common for them to change from sleeping for a long time to waking often? 😫
  • Options
    Hey ladies how’s it going? Sorry @SmithL35 just seen this if they are going through a ‘leap’ then sleeping patterns and feeding might be affected I’m currently suffering with 4mth sleep regression it’s not fun Lily was sleeping right through from quite early but is now waking two to three times a night like back to newborn stage except she hardly sleeps in the day so exhausting this one last last a few weeks so😫😫  on the plus side she has done her first roll today and then constantly lol and is actively trying to grab things which has been hit and miss 
  • Options
    Hi @Metalchick oh ok, I will have that to look forward to then 😣 is that because they need to be fed more often during that time? He is sleeping for a long time during the might now which I great, just finding it hard when I wake up so full. 
    I can't believe it is almost Christmas!! Is everyone getting excited?! X
  • Options
    Hi everyone, hope your all ok? @Metalchick oh tell me about it! Denver had sleep regression at 14 weeks for a full week it was horrendous, then he decided he was having a growth spurt and fed constantly and now he’s back to sleep regression! 
    He will be 20 weeks old tomorrow 15 weeks corrected and he is still waking twice in the night ☹️
    He is still breastfed exclusively the bottle was a one off! We have been trying but no joy! 
    @SmithL35 yeh they go through sleep regression and growth spurts which messes up their routine! It can be hard work but it does pass 😊 none of my others were as bad as Denver is! 
    I can not wait for Christmas I’m super excited xx 🎄⛄️
  • Options
    Well I will try to make the most of the nights that are like they are at the minute then! @Wellcome1 🤣 
    I am getting excited for Christmas too :) I wrote some cards but I don't know whether to go for a wall to post then today, it is freezing!! I feel like I shouldn't take Oscar out in the cold but I can't keep him inside every time it is cold :/ I feel like I am a paranoid Mum who is going to be too careful with everything. Does everyone else take them out in the freezing cold? I think because I find it hard to put his jackets on I worry that they are not on right and he will get too cold. 
    What do your babies wear to sleep in? This morning I woke up to Oscar fast asleep but only his leg was still under his blanket so I hope he wasn't too cold!! X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 aww don’t worry he will let you know if he’s cold, Denver sleeps in a growbag 2.5 tog they are brill I used them with most of mine xx 
    to go out (which is everyday due to school run) Denver has a pram suit and I pop a blanket over as well I got mine for next they are brill and u just zip them in.
    if your not happy with wind pop his rain cover over he will be well protected, but I find fresh air is needed and I promise you your not being over protective it’s the natural mum response his hand and face may feel cool but as long as his trunk is warm your winning xx get your self out and have a walk love x x