Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Hello everyone 😄 
    Another month has just flown over. How are you all? 
    Rory is almost 6 months old, going to try him on solids next week and maybe his own room the week after 😳

• Options
    @LouTTC83
    Aww hey how are you? 
    I really wish time would slow down.
    Layth is 6 months now and started solids last week! It's all gone just way too quick.
    Rory is very cute, how has he been sleeping lately? 
    Layth is awful! He still has at least 6 times he wakes during the night. Sometimes he wants fed other times he just wants me to cuddle him, it's exhausting tho xx
  • Options

Here is my little guy xx
  • Options
    Oh look at those little fellas 😍 Fíonn is now five and a half months and we have a tooth! The very tip of it has just pierced through yesterday, and he's a few more very close to piercing. He's rolling from tummy to back and can nearly sit himself up. He's a hungry baby, wanting a bottle every four hours and solids three times a day!

@MissM2203 how are you finding the weaning?

How's everyone else?

Here's my little fella 😍
  • Options
    @winter2020 Hey lovely how are you? Fionn is adorable, does he enjoy his activity table? I have just had Layths Jumperoo delivered, need to set it up and try him in it. He's not that fussed yet with food. He's mostly spitting it out haha 😂
  • Options
    @MissM2203 @winter2020, your boys are beautiful. 
    I have had a few good night's with Rory the last few nights but he was waking up about 4/5 times a night, it's exhausting isn't it? My husband thinks he will sleep better if he is in his own room :( I have agreed we can try him in his own room next weekend :( 

Wow @winter2020, he is a hungry boy and super clever. Rory mainly lies around like a fish out of water 🤣🤣

@MissM2203 the jumperoo is the best thing in the world, Rory goes nuts in it, bless him.

Anyone still breastfeeding? How long are you planning to go for? Or how did you stop? Xx
  • Options
    @LouTTC83
    Its super exhausting am actually not sure how am even still alive 😆
    I think it his gums keeping him awake, he's definitely teething but nothing has cut through yet. 

I fed my last baby until she was 14months, only stopped as I went back to work. I think she basically went cold turkey which was a shame but she would take a cup, I made sure of that a few months before hand. 
    I have no set time in mind for Layth just keep going as long as he wants really. 

What was your thoughts for how long you want to feed Rory? 

How are you feeling about him going into his own room? Are you ready for that? xx
  • Options
    You did fantastic to get to 14 months :) I set out to get to 6 months. I only managed 3.5 months with my daughter. Now I know I am know where near ready stopping 😍

I have told my boss I will go back to work in September but working from home flexibly. I have told them that Rory won't be in nursery and I plan to breastfeed him until he is one, if they aren't happy with it I wouldn't be able to return until December. They have agreed. I plan to keep him off nursery until January. It's so expensive, for Emily and Rory to do two days a week, it will cost me £800 a month until Emily gets funding 😳 will Layth go to nursery? 

Not feeling ready for him to go in his own room but I do think we wake him up a bit and I don't think he has a lot of growing room left in his bedside crib. Whats your plans with Layth? 

@winter2020 is fionn in his own room yet? X
  • Options
    @LouTTC83 we actually only have a one bedroom house so it'll be a while before he's in his own room. He wakes once for a feed during the night and about four or five times for his soother
  • Options
    @winter2020, does he settle quickly with his soother? I have been giving Rory one, it keeps him pacified during the day if I am not in his sight but won't take it on a night 
  • Options
    Aw that's fab @LouTTC83 that your continuing and that your work has agreed to your terms.
    Wow nursery is super expensive, am very lucky that I don't have to put my kids in.
    I work night shift only so my kids go to my Mums overnight when DH is offshore she lives 5 mins from my work but he is home for 4 or 5 weeks at a time so she doesn't have them loads either.
    I am so not ready to have Layth in his room, in fact I have kicked DH into there for the time being 😆 he snores so bad so it's better for me he is in the other room as he also wakens me up! 

I have tried a dummy but he hates them and gags all the time which is a pain as think it would help with his gums xx
  • Options
    I could probably keep Emily off nursery until January as well to be honest with not working in office but she loves it and gets so much from it and it's nice to get a day a week with just Rory :) 

Is Layth in a crib or in bed with you? X
  • Options
    @LouTTC83 he settles nearly instantly. We found that a soother paired with a mobile that plays music really helps at night, it keeps him in his cot. He's gotten so much better at sleeping in his cot at night, it's such a relief. He refuses to sleep longer than 30 minutes at a time during the day. There's almost no point in moving him as he wakes the minute you pick him up.

For anyone with older children, when they were teething, did they start scratching at their gums with their nails? Fíonn has two teeth fully through, and a few starting to cut. He's scratching like mad at his gums but I don't know if this is normal 😕
  • Options
    My daughter didnt scratch at her gums, just put her fist in her mouth and get a sore bottom. 
    Rory hits at his head when he is tired x
  • Options
    We have to keep mitts on him all the time now, you can hear his nail scraping against the teeth that are up. Might bring it up to the health nurse. We're using everything we can think off to soothe his gums. 
  • Options
    We liked anbesol for Emily. Heard lots of people say Ashton powder helped and my friend swore by her amber bracelet :) 
  • Options
    Wow Layth slept so well last night he only woke 3 times but settled quickly. 
    @LouTTC83 he starts the night in his cot, lasts an hour then he's in with me the rest of the night xx
    @winter2020
    My girls never scraped their gums it was biting everything and fists in their mouth but Layth scratched his face all the time. He has given himself several scratches lately.
    I use Ashton powders and have used anbesol also with the girls xx
  • Options
    @MissM2203 Rory went into his own room on Wednesday, he was getting too big for his bedside crib and he has slept so well. 
    I even out him down for an afternoon nap yesterday and he slept two hours. Big sis is potty training, I am so tired of disinfectant 🤣
    Been feeling sad my little girl is so grown up and so many friends pregnant, my hubby said if I got a better paid job or could invest money he would have another. Never going to happen 😭
    Feel blessed for what I have though xx
  • Options
    @LouTTC83
    Hey lovely to hear from you, can't believe how quiet this thread is now.

Aw that's amazing Rory is doing really well in his own room. Did he settle straight away?

Layth is terrible at sleeping at times. He only stays about an hour in his cot of even that. I like the snuggles so don't mind but it's getting closer to me having to return to work. Fully back in January but was hoping to do KIT shifts beforehand but am not sure how he will cope he is very very clingy and with DH working away a lot he doesn't settle too well with him. 

Oh I really really would so love another so much too but we aren't going to. Both of us too old sadly but I agree with being grateful for what I have and do feel very lucky.

How are you finding the potty training? 
    When are you back to work? xx

@RememberToBreathe @Emmy012 @Winter2020
    How are you all? xx
  • Options
    Hey @MissM2203 - thanks for asking after us! We are good. Ralph had a bad reaction to me eating a yoghurt (was testing dairy) so we’re sticking to dairy free until we can do the ladder when he’s one. Unless a dietician tells us otherwise but I’m still waiting for our appointment 🤷‍♀️ How’s weaning going with Layth? 

Great to hear Rory has settled in his room @LouTTC83!! Ralph is a terrible sleeper again but he had really bad croup and still has a bit of a cough so once he’s woken after four/five hours he can’t go off again without it being on me. Hoping it’ll pass 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻