Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @Laura_J have you tried raspberry leaf? I used the capsules and my labour lasted less than 2 hours might be worth a try xx congratulations @AmyLS and anyone else I have missed! Can you believe that our pregnancy journey is coming to an end and our journeys as mothers are now beginning💙💙 I’m so in love with Marley I can’t believe he is finally here 💙💙 the girls are so good with him xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we thought as we've had quite a few births now, it was time to kick off your June 2020 Babies thread. Please do come on over to new thread, as once all the babies are born here, we'll eventually close this one. 
  • Options
    At this rate I’m going to end up with a July baby! 
    It’s lovely seeing all your baby photos!!! Congratulations to all you with your babies!!! There all absolutely gorgeous. 
     🤞🏻 For the rest of us the wait isn’t too much longer 
    xx
  • Options
    Yes can't believe how quick the time has gone through the pregnancy journey @Ac2984, even 3 months of being in lockdown! 
    And even from when babies have been born @Cath654!
    Aww hopefully not too long @Jetty1989, when is your due date again? Xx
  • Options
    Was due on the 18th. Things are slowly progressing so I’m not too concerned as I know within the next 2 weeks she will have shown her face. 

It’s crazy really how quick time has gone as I remember thinking god this is gona be the longest time of my life ever. 
    Xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies congratulations to everyone so far!!! Beautiful babies @Jetty1989 also nothing for me ! Getting impatient just want her here so bad. Have you had any labour signs so far? 
  • Options
    Mrsparaskeva.... we ere due on the same date weren’t we??? 
    I’ve been loosing my mucus plug for the past 3 days and have ongoing period pains so I’m thinking something must be happening surely. Mid wife has booked me in for a sweep on Thursday but I’m in 2 minds about having it given I feel like something is changing. How about you? x
  • Options
    Thanks @Ac2984 I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea for the last few weeks in preparation! 

@Jetty1989 I feel the same..... the waiting is soooo hard! Are you managing to keep yourself busy? 
  • Options
    Hiya Laura_j
    luckily I’m a self employed cleaner with my own jobs..... so I’ve still been going to work for 3 hours a day or else I would be going stir crazy...... there’s only so many times you can clean your own house. My husband keeps telling me to sit down but then still expects the king treatment of having his tea cooked lol..... that’s been going out the window! 

How are you doing? People keep asking if I’m fed up.... but I don’t think fed up is the right thing as I’m still doing everything I have been before. 
    Are you keeping busy? 
    X
  • Options
    Beautiful babies born! Congrats all.
    i am now 41+1, I’m starting to get so frustrated. There are no signs of labour approaching at all - bump still hasn’t dropped, no mucas plug, show, braxton hicks...nothing. 

I’ve tried raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, nipple stimulation, long walks, hot baths. 

I’m booked in for a sweep tomorrow, tried to feel for my cervix this morning but can’t feel it at all, so I’m guessing it must be quite high still. 

I just want this bambino out. 😫
  • Options
    That’s good, I finished work 2 weeks ago and was fine before my due date as I kept myself busy with cleaning and preparations but I’m starting to get to the stage where I’m getting a bit bored now, especially as we can’t really go out or do much at the moment with the Covid situation! 

@MrsParaskeva that things start progressing soon. 

I’m booked in for a sweep on Friday but she tried to do one on Saturday but couldn’t coz my cervix was closed.... hoping for more success this time! 
  • Options
    Heyy ladies...its been a while since I’ve been on here. Currently 39+2 and getting really impatient now. Btw congratulations to everyone thats had their babys! Just need mine to hurry now. Been having cramping pain the whole day but cant tell whats what. No mucus plug but baby has definitely dropped. Waiting game now...
  • Options
    Laura_JLaura_J Regular
    edited Jun 25, 2020 8:14AM
    Hi @Layla786, the waiting is horrible isn’t it? I’m 40+5 now and have been having cramping on and off from around 39 weeks. Was convinced baby was coming early at one point but now just feel like she’s never going to arrive. 

I’m feeling rubbish today, have been fine all through pregnancy but today I just feel a bit ‘off’. Tired, achey and emotional!!

@Jetty1989, @MrsParaskeva and @MrsMcM how are you all getting on? 
  • Options
    Hi ladies

eliza finally arrived Tuesday morning 40+4 weeks. 8lb8 baby..... glad she didn’t wait any longer. From water breaking to baby 8 hours. Lovely home pool birth followed by a night in Hospital for a repair. 

Crazy to think the pregnancy I really didn’t enjoy is over and I’ve forgotten it already with how beautiful she is! 

I hope more new babies have arrived! 

Xx
  • Options
    @Jetty1989 congratulations 

@Laura_J any news yet? Did you get your sweep yesterday 
  • Options
    Congratulations @Jetty1989
    Glad you got the home birth you wanted. Enjoy the new born stage, Mabel is growing so quick! Xx
  • Options

So our little girl was born at 4:30am after 4 days of labour that turned into an emergency c section as baby pooed twice in me. We have named her Talia Paraskeva. Myself and baby have to stay in hospital until Tuesday and dad hasn’t even been allowed to hold her because of being an emergency c section he had to go home :( congrats @Jetty1989 good luck to everyone else ! Xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi All, 
    Gracie is 5 weeks old today 💕
  • Options
    Hi everyone and congratulations @MrsParaskeva on your beautiful baby girl Talia - we hope you're healing after your section? 
    @ChenisteM your Gracie looks wonderful! Gorgeous pics of her 🥰

Just wanted to check in and see if there have been any more births, or if we are awaiting some more? 

We're going to close this thread soon, so please do come over the June 2020 Babies thread. See you over there! 

• Options
    Baby Millie Hope was born 29/06/2020. I didn’t get my home birth as I had to be induced although I had a very quick labour once they broke my waters (less than 4 hours from 1cm-delivery). 

We also had a bit of a scary first week as she had some meconium in her tummy which caused an infection and she ended up in neonatal intensive care for 24 hours. I hated being away from her and also it was really hard with my husband being limited to seeing me during visiting hours but after 6 days in hospital we came home on Saturday! 

I’m now loving being a mummy and loving breastfeeding!