Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in April 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Not so much crampy hips but my groins! Omg! i am hypermobile, so the extra relaxin from pregnancy isn't good for me. x

• Options

Never used nct myself Curlew heard mixed things about them but if it's something you want to do maybe look on their Facebook page for reviews and advice on which course. My midwife always gives me a list and recommendations on local courses through the hospital and others which are worth looking at too. 

I've never done any course as they seemed to focus a lot on breastfeeding and medically I can't, so I didn't see the point but this time round there seems to be more choice. I'd go for something with practical lessons and your options for labour, pain relief, birth pool etc. 

• Options

How funny, I am also hypermobile! Ankles are the worst but also knees, elbows, hips etc, i used to be awesome at yoga - I got told by both my yoga instructors not to go until 2nd tri, so am going back hopefully next Monday :-) 

Mrs G I have put on way too much already, I think around 6lb - I have done nothing but eat, as I feel stupidly sick when I don’t, but haven’t been able to stomach healthy stuff :-(   I seem to have accumulated a spare tyre around my ribs, am hoping it is organs being pushed up to make may for my littles fishes.....But likeliness it is too many chips and crisps! 

• Options

Hey ladies just looking for some advice. This is probably more for those of you who already have a little one. So anyway I know some of you aren't even 12 weeks yet but I'm 15 weeks on Wednesday and I've started having a look at baby things a bit more (obviously not buying big things yet bit just getting an idea of costs etc).

Anyway, we already have a holiday booked next August to Florida. I'm due 4th April and we go 16th August so baby will only be 4-4.5 months. Do here's my question/dilemma. So babies are meant to be flat in prams until about 6 months - like the carrycot or a lie flat buggy style seat. There's no way we can take a carry cot on the plane. Virgin say prams must be collapsible and a carry cot obviously isn't. We've seen some prams that lie flat in addition to the carry cot (some mamas and papas ones and the oyster 2 for definite do) but we also like some thst have bucket seats like the cosatto wow and silver cross wayfarer/pioneer. So my question is what do you think about a 4 month old being in a bucket seat, which is pretty much what the majority of travel systems come with (carrycot, car seat and bucket seat pushchair) or do you think we should stick with a lie flat option? Even if we go for the bucket seat pram we can always get a cheap from birth buggy for the holiday which lies flat I guess.

Just wanted some advice really as it's stressing me a bit when I know it shouldn't as there's different options no matter what travel system we buy.

As I said I know it's early to think about prams etc but just stressing we aren't buying yet!

Thanks ladies xx

• Options

I'm pretty sure my son was in a seat by 4/5 months when he was too big for a carry cot. It did lay flat as well but he liked to see what was going on and was sitting independently by 7/8 months, so sitting was what he wanted.  

If your looking around I would recommend online 4 baby some great things at reduced prices and i've always had brilliant service. Most of the big names and lots of different things travel systems, nursery furniture, bedding, all sorts. 

• Options

So do you think baby would be ok it a bucket style seat or still flat? And thanks I'll have a look

• Options

Seat should be fine,  just get bub out at regular intervals for a stretch.  

• Options

I'm a flight attendant. get a cheap lie flat stroller. Don't take your good pram on the plane x 

• Options

Ok thanks! Guessing there's a chance of them getting wrecked then haha 

• Options

The baggage handlers just throw them around 

• Options

Hey ladies! i am getting bad headaches and nausea im 13 +1 scan on monday! is anyone else feeling the same?? 

• Options

Hi ladies,

Going into week 12 for me, still feeling sick terrible migraines and generally really unwell. I just can't bileve how awful I feel! My first pregnancy was a breeze compared to this. 

I ache all over I am really struggling 😟 my hormones are still wild and unpredictable too. Feeling a bit down about it tbh x 

• Options

Big hugs Leonna, I'm not suffering anywhere near as bad as you but I know what you mean about being very different this time round. First time was soo much easier than this time and I'm worrying far more this time too. Seems to have taken ages to get to 11 weeks and i wont stop worrying until i get my scan next sunday. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon x

• Options

I am by period dates 12 +5 today and im still very emotional leonna. I cry at stupid things  my boobs still hurt and i still have a very heightened sense of smell but the sickness has subsided. I dont have a big appetite still im very much breakfast lunch or dinner so have lost around 8lbs. My scan is today im so nervous i cant eat at all. X

• Options

Hi NicolaCU & Becky240

Thanks for your reply's, I too am worrying much more and I think for me it comes down to the fact that last time before now I brought a private package and had already had 2 scans so I knew it was all OK. My scan is next Tuesday. 

I am still convinced that I am further gone than my dates i need to ask a silly question ( I hope this makes sense). I ovulated on the 5th of Aug I know that for sure - is the 5th just a peak ovulation day as in" the best " day your likely to conceive or are there eggs released before that?.

Another thing which makes me wonder about dates is that I can feel baby already x 

• Options

As I believe the 5th would be the day the egg is released and the days leading up to it give the best chance for the sperm to be waiting for it. Sperm lives up to 7 days an egg around 24 hours so they say if it's ready and waiting for the egg that's your best chance to conceive. I'm no expert but that's my understanding. Maybe you can feel baby will be interesting to find out 😊

I can't wait for my scan on Sunday I'm counting down the days though still worried it won't be good news. I'll be keeping my fingers tightly crossed. 

• Options

Leonna dates are worked out by using the first date of your last period, which is normally adding 14 days to the date you ovulated as most people have a 28 day cycle.  There are calculators online where you can put down the last menstrualtion and you cycle length which will work out your due day.  That being said, you could be further gone and not realised for a few weeks if you had a break through bleed when your period was due :-) My manager didn’t know for 5 months due to have regular periods!  

Is your scan tomorrow or the following Tuesday? It’s so tough waiting.......

• Options

It's the following Tuesday 17th. 

I know when my last period date was for sure and that's what I am useing as my dates at the moment but just something does not feel right, Thank you for the info I will let you know x 

• Options

Hi ladies, 

I had my scan today and unforunatley i lost my baby. needless to say i am devostated my worst nightmare has become my reality. Im going to give up ttc for the time being and maybe try after xmas.  It has been lovely being part of the group i wish you all happy and healthy pregnancys xx

• Options

Oh EStar, that’s heart breaking news for you - and your symptoms were still so strong!! thinking of you, take good care of yourself xxxx