Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Heartburn and breathless here too, it's starting to kick my butt a bit now.

weve taken the wise hippo hypnobirthing course so thats replaced our antenatal classes, were booked in for the hospital tour but that's all as I didn't want to take any classes outside the hypno birthing. 

Xx

• Options

Hello ladies.

Today i am 34 weeks, 6 to go! Last night i had my first episode of lack of sleep. i slept in the couch from around 10 - 11.30pm while hubby was watching TV. When we went to bed i just couldn't fall asleep again and i was having that breathless feeling too and i could almost feel the baby's legs in my throat, at 1am i went to warm up some milk and sat in the lounge for about 45 mins watching TV. Managed to catch some sleep after 2am. now my eyes and body feel so heavy.

If there is anything i don't have a clue about its having a birth plan. Looks like i will just head for it like a lamb heading for the slaughter house. All i know is i have told the doctor i will need epidural, the rest will hit me as it comes :)

Got doctor's note to allow me work up to 22nd July so i have about 5 weeks to go at work.

• Options

Ive got my consultant appointment today to.discuss birth plan. Section is 4weeks today. Just gone but made in baby ted baker saleimageimageimageimage

• Options

Mojo, i can't believe by the time you have your baby i will still be seated here in my chair working! :) But once you are done we shall all then be counting days :)

• Options

That's so exciting mojo 4 weeks will pass in no time :) I decided to finish work a week earlier than planned as I'm strting to struggle with working 43 hours a week on top of everything else so I now finish on 15th july. To be honest I can't wait now I feel like I'm loosing more motivation for work each day and I hate feeling like that think it's because u know the end is in sight and ur just on the countdown and all I can think about is baby! my pelvis is still really bad have the midwife tomorrow so going to speak to her again see about possibly physio as its just getting worse and worse! Let's just pray this little baby is on time and not late :( xx

• Options

mojo - I love the clothes!!! 

I made the mistake of rushing for a train on sunday and since have had horrible back pain and pelvic pain at times. I felt like a champ yesterday going to my interview at 32w5d. By the time I was almost home I called DH to meet me at the train station so I could walk home with a bit more support. It's only really bad when walking and getting up after I've been sitting or lying for a while. My little one is now being quite acrobatic when he's moving and he feels lower down. Is it too early to have dropped? Could that be the cause of the pain? 

I got a text message today that my pram has arrived from Hong Kong. I need to arrange picking it up!!!

• Options

imagemy pram arrived and other half assembled it! Im so in love with it 😍 

My little monkey has been breech the last 2 appointments ive got a midwife appointment tomorrow and if still breech will get a scan at 36 weeks then they will discuss options. I can tell shes still breech as the burning sensation and pain in my rib is unbareable! 

Hope all is well! 

They are beautiful clothes! So exciting youve only got 4 weeks left x

• Options

Hi everyone, we're just having a chat in the office about who washed their newborns clothes before they were worn, and we were wondering if you're washing all your new baby clothes? Please do come and let us know on this new thread HERE!

• Options

Hi ladies!!!

I feel like my boy is dropping- or getting ready to! Hes been head down since 20 weeks and he still is. I get terrible pain in my crotch- his head keeps bobbing in and out of my pelvis.

I did a 5km walk for charity on Saturday.i used to run this easily.it killed me. So much pain! I cried all night and had bad contrsctions. Crazy how the body changes!

Met my health visitor today. She seems lovely and I feel like I have so much more support. 

Also- I had a stranger (an older lady) drive me into town cos she felt bad for me as I stood waiting for the bus! Lovely people out there :)

• Options

Oh guys I don't know how you're all managing. I finish work on Friday and will have 5.5 weeks to go still! Being on my feet permanently at school and working 12 hour days is killing me, only 2 days left for me! 

• Options

I'm struggling too Miss Foy and I'm not even as far along. Have 17 shifts left at my work to do, and I'll be about 35 weeks when I finish. 

Aussiedea, well done on your 5k walk... I don't enjoy walking for 5 mins haha

• Options

Assiedea I have the same pains below. I called my Midwife yesterday after 4 days of continuous pains and she's referred me for physio, she said the pains will get worse as I get closer to my due date. I can barley walk, sit or turn.

Hope your all doing well. Not long to go now xx

• Options

Consent forms all now done and mrsa swabs too. No more hospital appointments apart from growth scan and pre op. Madams fully engaged and the pressures unreal. Im really struggling with lack of sleep now and the heats not helping x

• Options

Oh ladies, its not nice to hear you are struggling with all these pains. I hope you will all get some bit of relief from the pains.

It seems my boy is still far from being engaged and yet my due date is among the first ones for Aug. I have a feeling i will go some good days past my due date at this rate. Though thank heavens i am still okay and haven't started feeling the pains. I still do an uphill walk on the treadmill at 5km/h for 20 mins and other easy and slow machines at the gym and enjoy my water exercises and swimming. I guess those probably help with keeping the pains away.

Do your babies get so much hiccups ladies? Mine gets about 5 hiccups in a day and they last like for a minute or two. I feel sorry for the poor thing. I will ask my doctor when i see her this Saturday if this is normal and healthy.

• Options

My boy gets hiccups all the time! Its apparently a great sign Jack Russell!! Can mean they've been practising sucking :)

• Options

Ha ha that's interesting Auseidea. If that's true then these boys are going to suckle us dry all day long :) Do you plan to breastfeed? 

• Options

Haha oh dear!!!

Yep I do. I've heard great things About it. Like say someone sneezes near u- ur body starts producing antibodies straight away so that ur milk can help prevent ur baby getting those nasty germs!!! 

U?

• Options

I to am planning on breast feeding. Its true from what i have heard breast milk is very good for the babies and helps them to build immunity as you have said and it basically has all the nutrients that's needed by the baby in its natural form. I have bought some bottles and will be feeding him bottles on the side also.

Yesterday i was chatting about breastfeeding with my sisters and they seem to be enjoy doing it so i can't wait to plunge in and join them :)

• Options

Hiya lovely ladies sorry I have been missing. I dropped my phone in the pond in my local park so been waiting for my new one to arrive.hope you are all doing good. 

We have decided on a name at last. She will be called Melody Lynda Ford. The middle name is my Aunties as she has done so much for us this last Year. We aren't telling her until little lady has made her grand appearance.

Off camping tomorrow till Sunday with my other auntie and uncle and my daughter. Which should be fun xxx

• Options

Lovely name lizabee huni. Were not telling anyone until madam arrives either. Leaves somethng to share on her arrival 😊

Im currently sat here sobbing as im hungry fir the 6thday running but nauseous as soon as i try eating 😕