Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Good morning ladies. Hope you are all doing fine.

Sweetie pie i think the exhaustion should be normal at this moment. But i must say i am grateful that i still have lots of energy and can still do most of the house work with ease (only mopping the floors gets me so tired and i have to take lots of breaks in between). The weekend rest did me some good and my swollen feet have gone down. This week i only work 3 days as Thursday is a public holiday here and i have taken off Friday. My Aunt (mom's sis) will be with us from Wednesday evening till Sunday morning so i am looking forward to a nice long weekend!

My doctor's apt went well on Saturday, Everything is as should be at this stage. Baby measures 1.93kgs. Going forward i have to see doctor every 2 weeks, which i think is just too much but if it means i get to have the assurance that he is well in there then that's fine with me.

Hope you ladies all have a lovely week ahead xxx

• Options

That definitely looks nice missFoy. I see you got loads of presents!

A couple that we have been so close to are planning on throwing for me a baby shower, so they asked my hubby to sneak for them my friends' contacts from my phone (they wanted it to be a surprise) but hubby didn't know how to start sneaking into my phone so he came clean and asked me for the contacts and said i should pretend on that day that i am very surprised! :) ha ha ha. Anyway, i have only like 5 girlfriends here so it will most likely be a small gathering and besides we have bought about 95% of what we need. Whatever they give us will just be a bonus.

• Options

image33 weeks today! Hope everyone is well

Aww lovely presents from your baby shower! X

• Options

imageimageother half built her wardrobe today. Now i can fill it with all her beautiful clothes. Starting with this handmade dress his aunty made x 

• Options

Sweetie pie im 33weeks and im exhauseted all the time. My appetite is still non existent too. And my god i cant stop peeing. 5weeks to go...

Miss foy that looks like a beautuful day xxxxx

• Options

imageimage other half was extremely busy yesterday put up her wardrobe; matching cot and kallax unit. Still too add wall stickers; wall lamp and put up her cot bedding and cot mobile. I had great enjoyment hanging all her stuff and putting everything tidly away. Think i went a bit ott tho 🙈

• Options

I wish my appetite was non existent I feel like I'm constantly hungry just now :( sickness is coming back a bit now too not every day but every few days also I'm tired all the time too im in bed most nights by 9 lol were in the lakes just now have an amazing log cabin it's so beautiful and peaceful here. Went into Blackpool yesterday has a big walk along the prom etc then sufered all night with a sore pelvis. Off to do a bit of shopping today! Room looks lovley mumma u look well organised! My wardrobe has like 5 cream/white outfits and that's it lol. Lots of nappies and wipes and all the other essentials too of corse but clothes wise not much yet. Miss foy ur baby shower looks amazing u got so much stuff. Don't think I'm going to bother with one have so many weddings and family events coming up over the next month it's just crazy xx

• Options

MissFoy - that's some serious amounts of gifts you got there - where are you going to put it all? And di you get any nice surprise gifts?

We are loving seeing all your incredible bumps ladies. They're just wonderful.

While we're here, we also wanted to let you know about two threads we have running today. The first is your chosen baby name - did you reveal it before you had your baby? Please do come and let us know on this new thread here.

The second thread is about Father’s Day - we’re wondering if you’ve done anything special in the past (or if this is your first Father’s Day) or if you have something lovely planned? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here.

• Options

Oh mummatoo, I have the exact same wardrobe as you for our little princess!!!

thanks ladies, baby shower was fabulous and I spend about an hour each evening trying to sort it all out and I'm still nowhere near done, I can't believe it! She's going to be one spoilt little baba ❤️

Hope everyone is feeling ok! Time is ticking by so quickly! 

• Options

I finaly got anti biotics for water infection so im feeling miles better. Can't believe less than 5weeks to go x

• Options

Thank you ladies 😊

oh wow what an amazing baby shower! I have a few weeks until mine. All I know is its afternoon tea at a stately home near us with the ladies of the family and close friends. I'm a bit too shy for all the games and a big fuss so my friends agreed a relaxed treat would be the best bet. I can't wait! 

lovely nursery! So cute and girly. Ours is decorated but the furniture wont come until July 30th. My mums confiscating the cot bed and the crib as she's really superstitious. She said boy all the while but since we've had 3 magpies in our garden for a week she's now decided girl hehe. i think girl always have. The nursery is grey and white. Just ordered the blackout curtains to be made and the hubbys putting the black out blinds up this weekend, wanna be on the safe side to help the little monkey sleep when the time come to move into the nursery! Double blackout! 

yesterday I started to really feel lower back ache and almost a bruisinng below my pelvic bone. Babies defo upside down and it's little hands and hiccups are real low down. It's feet are normally to one side or the other and I normally have a butt poking out of my Belly. I'm pleased it appears to be upside down all the time now and got to grips with gravity (it was transverse for ages) but I hope it's not looking for a super early exit as I'm only 30 weeks. How are you all feeling? Xx

• Options

Time is flying by!

we aren't doing a nursery as in a rented flat and not sure we will be staying long enough! So it's saved us some money but I do feel a bit jealous. The nursery looks lovely mummato, your wee one is already spoiled :) 

had the midwife today and baby is head down, I wasn't sure but now I can deffo tell as she has her bum stuck right out haha. When does your bump normally drop? As mines hasn't, everyone comments how high I'm carrying still

also the midwife said my glucose levels are just under the cut off point for further tests... She said she wasn't worried and had probably just caught me on a day where i had had a mars bar.... This is every day as all I want to eat is sweeties and chocolate. Didn't tell her that though haha.

how long has everyone got to go at work? 23 shifts and counting! 

• Options

I finish up on 15th july few days holiday so officially 18 shifts to go can't believe how quickly it's all happening. I work half day every wed so I suppose it's less than that but actual days at work is 18! Anybody been having upset tummies? I feel like I've had a lot of upset tummies recently and going to the toilet a lot more often! Sorry for TMI us two we're if anyone else is the same x

• Options

Love the baby shower pics. I'm with Hastiek,  no nursery for now in our rental. We'll be having our little one sleep beside us for quite awhile. Why are blackout blinds so popular?

I fellow pregnant friend in the US whobis 34 weeks says she is feeling quite nauseous again. Ive been exhausted again and it takes little effort to make my back hurt. I've been getting heartburn easily...who knew Sultana Bran could be my enemy?

I've been struggling with pregnancy rhinitis, allergies and feeling breathless. My iron is at bottom end of normal and I'm supplementing daily...but I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I cant breathe. But then yesterday at 32 weeks I ran across London Bridge station to catch my train!!!  I do wish there was a magic way to make that breathing better. 

Lol you're all talking about when time off starts and I'm debating getting a manucure tomorrow for my interview on Monday. That should be fun "Hi I'm Kim and this my bump..."

• Options

Hello ladies. 

Good to know we are all doing fine and doing the final touches. Today I will start washing and ironing babies clothes. Yesterday I got them out to remove the tags and soak them up and realised they are quite many. Soaked one full bucket and had to keep the rest for another shift. These are just clothes, haven't even touched the Mittens, bibs towels,sheets etc. 

Emmarose they say baby turns head down from around 28 weeks but could keep turning until about 36weeks. Mine turned around that time and has been that way since then. I too feel the hiccups down low and his butt and elbow somewhere in the middle of my tummy. 

Hastiek I think the baby goes down low when they start to get engaged maybe after 37 weeks. My tummy at 33 weeks plus is still high. Doc said I would soon start feeling pressure down low when he starts heading for the birth canal. I hope he stays up there for a while as I imagine won't be nice coping with this pressure :) 

Kim I took feel some bits of heartburn these days. I feel my knees get those muscle aches when I don't exercise. But when I go to the gym to walk on the treadmill and swim or do my hope body stretches I feel just fine and full of energy. 

I still plan to take leave from 22nd July though my doc mentioned 15th July. I told her I don't want to sit home doing nothing. 

Have a lovely Friday ladies xxx

• Options

Last few days my bump.has dropped so much.been to midwife this morning and madam is now fully engaged. Explains why i feel im walking with her between my legs. Gettin bad lower back ache now too and braxton hicks are increasing. 4weeks 5days to go..

Im literally all set. My hospital bag is completely organised and all ironed, as is madams. Even got some extras in a seperate bag for other half to bring in for me if needed. But i've packed quite alot anyway, just in case. Packed my 2yr old a little bag yesterday oncase he needs to go to my sisters in a hurry. 

Hoping lil lady stays out til 19th july but not sure she will. Im washing the moses basket covers/blankets today.

• Options

Morning ladies.

Wow what beautiful baby shower pictures and nursery pictures. You guys are so organized. I still haven't done anything. I have everything delivered but waiting for hubby to put them all up. His very lazy every week he says next week.

Im finding it really hard to sleep at nights as I cant breath. Anyone else with this problem? also I think ive started to snore too, which is totally new.

I go on leave from the 25th July so only 5 weeks to go. I cant wait to finish work its been very stressful for me. My sickness started again last week so I had to go hospital for treatment.

I'm now 29 + 4 days and have gained 5 kilos. Not sure if that lots or not. But I do feel like im rounding up now. Hope your all well xxx

• Options

Perry83 - Ive had problems breathing at night. Either sitting in my lounge chair or lying down I sometimes just feel like I can't breath. It's the rearrangement of things plus allergies in my case. Sometimes my Olbas inhaler helps a bit. So does holding arms above the head! 

I went to a bbq yesterday which ended up with everyone sitting indoors. most of the people there were couples and babies from my friends NCT course and baby swimming class. It was funny because the immediate reaction from almost everyone was to start telling me what I should and shouldn't do and to comment that I was brave to spend so much time around a group of new parents and babies. lol 

I know everyone has the best intentions. It's kind of funny because eventually what I got out from people was: they wish they'd been more open to how they were going to give birth because it didn't go as planned and they were disappointed, breast feeding and returning to work is complicated and requires flexibility, most seemed to regret having an epidural or gas & air. Everyone was breast feeding or a mix. And there were equal numbers of people using the apron like cover and people using scarve to cover up or those not covering anything. 

Has anyone looked into joining La Leche League? Anyone taking NCT courses? (I've been taking the NHS ones but the group is huge)

• Options

We're taking NCT classes but not started yet - they're all squashed into July. Didn't even really get offered NHS antenatal, think around here everyone seems to do NCT. They are a bit militant about natural birth apparently and I think Perry's friends are right - it's difficult to predict what will happen. Someone said writing a birth plan is like trying to plan a car crash which is a bit extreme but made me laugh!

• Options

I've done the NHS classes in my area, and we had quite a small group. There have only been about 14 of us including partners. How much were the NCT classes? dont think I'll be doing them but be interesting to know 

I've been breathless too, and the heartburn and indigestion I get now is something else! I've also had the most restless legs which is annoying trying to sleep. 8 weeks till due date tomorrow! less than 4 weeks until I finish work. Mad how much the time has flown by.