Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Hullo Ladies. Where is everyone? We haven't heard from many like the Liz, Emarose, etc. Hope you ladies are doing fine. Please let us know how you are doing and how the preparations are going?

Today i am 32 weeks and 8 weeks to go! About 7 weeks to start my leave. I have a doctor's apt this Saturday and will ask her to give me a note that says i am fit to work for the first 3 weeks of July.

Ladies who have had their first babies tell me if its true that the first babies normally take more weeks in there than the 2nd, etc. Some people keep telling me don't be surprised if you go up to 41-42 weeks because its a first born and they also say that boys normally take their sweet time. So i am beginning to think i could go way past the 40 weeks. But i am hoping he doesn't take too long in there because i am dying to see his sweet little face and hold him in my arms :)

Have a lovely day ladies. xxx

• Options

Hello all. So sorry I've been useless I hope you're all well. Been manic but starting to settle down now thank god. 9 weeks left at work and a decorated nursery so we're getting there. been thinking of you all xx

• Options

image 29 weeks today. Took this a few days ago on holiday in Cornwall. how are your bumps coming along? Xx

• Options

Thats a lovely bump there Emma :)

Took this today at 32 weeks :) Its really getting huge!

• Options

image 6weeks today until section. Rooms ready, prams sorted, hospital bags done so literally just on countdown now x

• Options

Mojo, Emma, JackRussell - love the bumps!!!! 

This is from last week...I'll be 31 weeks on Thursday. 

I woke up today to my best friend texting me from the other side of the planet to inform me that she has a surprise visitor from London who will be bringing me a Bugaboo Bee when he flies back! I have to replace a wheel and get a different colour canopy for DH who can't stand yellow (hello ebay!)...she's even sending the carseat adaptors as I already have the Maxi Cosi pebble. I'm so thrilled I don't have to worry about that! 

Hospital bag packed??? Wow. Well I made a list yesterday...3 colums..maman, bébé, papa! Next midwife appointment tomorrow. Are they going to take bloods again my brusing from two weeks ago has just about vanished TODAY! It's so funny to me reading about everyone's time off...I'm still trying to book interviews! 

• Options

Il take an updated picture tomorrow :) all good with me off work now until next thursday so really glad about that and looking forward to a wee break. Just ordered my baby monitors from Amazon got them down from £149.99 to £90 I got the Motorola video monitors and also the sensor may too just feel this will give a bit more peace of mind. Crib has arrived too :) still need to order pram but will do that over the next few weeks still think I'm pretty set on the oyster. Have really bad very lower back pain (going right into my bum cheeks) seems to get worse when I'm lying in bed and I'm in agony when I try to turn over my whole bum cheek siezes up and I get a huge shooting pain :( going to phone midwife and see if there's anything I can do as its totaly disturbing my sleep and everything now :( sorry for being a big moan xx

• Options

Ha ha ha Fee never mind about the moaning! that's what we are here for, to listen to each other's joys and moans :) Its good you are going to phone your doctor because i read that if the lower back pain at this time is unbearable (and that's if you have never had any back pain problems before) you should consult with your care giver. All the best and i hope you can find some bit of relief.

Kim that's totally great! you must be over the moon with all those gifts!

Lovely bumps Kim and Mojo. I can't believe how quickly its going for you Mojo. 

I will most likely pack my hospital bags in the first week of July. Haven't bought my sanitary pads, etc so can't think of packing yet. I am so broke at the moment and yet i have this strong urge to go shopping! poor me :(

I have put the purchase of the baby monitor on hold for now as i will be sleeping in baby's room for the first few weeks/months (well with being broke now, its also convenient that i buy it maybe in Aug/Sep when i am done with all the things needed before birth)

Have a nice day ladies xxx 

• Options

Wow what beautiful bumps.xx

• Options

image32+2 😊 definitely grown love my baby bump. We collected our wardrobe kallax unit and wall lamp yesterday from ikea; already have the matching cot which we bought a few weeks back. Just to wait for other halves early finish on friday so he can put it all up x 

• Options

Ohhh ladies these bumps are gorgeous!!! 

Remember how much smaller they were months ago!!?? So nice to grow babies together - I love seeing your pics!

I juse booked our baby shower at our local pub :) it's going to be koala theme (I'm from Australia originally) and it's a joint one - so boys and kiddies are allowed. Basically it's a booze up with food :) (water for me of course!!)

I feel humongous! And it's so humid! Not s nice combo. Can't complain tho- I prefer the heat.

My blood pressure seems to have improved- hopefully it stays That way!!

So jelly of you mojo getting your little one so soon!!! Jack Russell you sound as impatient as I am!!!! :)

Hope everyone is good.

Much love!!

P.S pic of the belly today (31+5) - Ive got constant feed in my left side/ ribs. He likes being head down!!image

• Options

Nice bumps Aussiedea & Momma.

Aussiedea my baby's feet is mostly under my right rib. Sometimes he kicks and it gets painful because he kicks it against my boobs. I can,t sleep on my right side for long because if i do it gets uncomfortable and sometimes painful too. But i sleep so comfortable on my left.

• Options

You all look great!

This was last weekend at 29 weeks- love my bump! Lots of little kicks and thumps now too. I'm finding feet are like elephants' in this heat and I've had SPD for the past month-.at first it was so painful I was struggling to walk but thankfully much more manageable now!

Our room's going to be decorated next week and we picked up a lovely second hand mamas and papas cot for when they move into their own room. They'll be in the snuzpod next to the bed for a while. So bloomin' excited!! 

• Options

I have SPD to Laura r u doing anything that's helping? I'm great during the day but night time is just becoming unbearable :( bumps r looking fab ladies it's so overwhelming how quickly it's all going! I'm starting to worry if I'm being too laid back and need to be a bit more organised lol we go away to Lake District on Sunday so I think once were back il get my list out and start working my way through it. Really looking forward to finishing up work and having a bit of a break from it all. 43 hours a week is hard going when ur tired and not sleeping well xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we've just started a new thread about Babymoons - do come and tell us if you've had one, or what you think of them, right over here on this new thread. Thanks!

• Options

Thanks jackrussel. Its flying by now. Had groth scan yesterday and madam is 4lb 1. 

Laura and fee ive had SPD bad with all 3 babys , really bad with 2nd i was on crutches. One thing that helps is sleeping on a satin sheet so you can slide off bed when need to get p  and sleep with pillow between knees. Advise from physio

• Options

Yeah I've been sleeping with a pillow between my legs but will defo try the satin sheet. At the end of my teather with it tonight feeling totaly teary and fed up. The pain is in my bum cheeks and literally as soon as I lie down in bed (not sure if it's pressure or what) the pain intensifys so much then to even sneeze or cough is complete agony in my bum I have to almost brace to do it then when I get up to go to the toilet it takes me a min to even be able to walk the pain is so bad! I can't understand it at all! Xx

• Options

I thought my spd was sciatica last time as it was a sharp pain radiating from bum cheeks as you describe but physio said defo spd. It will always be worse at night as its when your muscles relax you feel it. During day try not to cross your legs or sit with legs too far apart. Including gettin out of car(main cause of my pain last time til physio taught me to get out with legs together)

Im lay here tonight crying my heart out cos my bump is just so achey and i cannot get comfy at all. Im so flustered and genuinly just fed up x

• Options

Aw mojo thanks il try all those things il literally try anything. I knew people got aches and pains in pregnancy but i never imagined to be so uncomfortable already. I'm totaly greatful for my amazing little growing person inside me but pregnancy is no easy thing. My best friend is pregnant and exactly 6 weeks behind me she has had an absolute breeze of a pregnancy no pains at all a nice tiny bump no dosturbed sleep I have to admit I'm so jealous xx