Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2017

Replies

• Options

Congratulations Mummy2be140817 welcome to the club! How are you feeling? Is this baby no. 1? Any symptoms yet? X

• Options

Hi everyone! I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I'm soooo excited!! It wasn't planned but both my boyfriend and I are really happy:-) I have booked in to the GP next week. My only symptoms were sore boobs, cramps and really bloated! I'm also finding it difficult not telling anyone....especially my friends and especially this time of year! But my family knows so it's nice just talking to them about it. Neither my mum or my sister suffered from morning sickness so I'm hoping I'll be the same! My only worry is that I have a curvy spine and my boyfriend is over 6ft and I'm 5ft5 so I;m a bit worried that the baby will be really big and by back will curve more and I won't be able to walk! Hopefully I'll be fine though!!:-) Congratulations to all of you anyway and looking forward to sharing our journeys together! 

• Options

Hiya hoopnovah! Weclome to MadeForMums and huge congratulations - you sound so excited! What did your family say when you told them? 

• Options

Thanks Danielle! My sister was absolutely delighted for me! My mum was in complete shock....mostly because I live with her (just me and her in the house) so it will be a big change to her life! But she just needed to come to terms with it I think... I came home from my boyfriends last night and she had downloaded loads of pregnancy apps and was showing me how big the baby is etc and then this morning she was all talk about it and seems really excited now too! 

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options

Hi all, i got my BFP today after having coil removed only 5 weeks ago, this will be my 5th baby (have 1 angel baby and 3 earth babies)

looking forward to sharing this journey with you xxx

• Options

Hi ladies, anyone got any good recommendations for a natural stretch mark cream? I avoid using mainstream beauty products and generally follow the mantra "if you wouldn't put it in your mouth, don't put it on your skin". Somebody recommended a homemade Chinese soup made from animal bones which increases the body's intake of gelatin and collagen and in turn increases the skin's elasticity. But I have no clue how to make it! Just wondered if anyone else had any recommendations or knowledge in this area? X

• Options

hoopnovah - your mum sounds really happy now - that's so good to hear. 
    Congratulations and welcome BeckyandRainbows! We have a baby expert on board! Sorry to hear of your past loss, but we're so happy you found this thread. 

BB1504 - you must come and let us know if you find this recipe - we'd be fascinated to hear more! 

• Options

Hello ladies I'm currently 5weeks today!🤗 Really nervous and worried as I MC'D in august  with my first so still hoping this baby will hold on  really thinking the worst I can't see the midwife until December 21st so I will be 7 weeks but I want an early scan to put my mind at rest would really love some inspirational stories about ladies who MC'D with there first but went on to have healthy second baby! Congrats too you all  hope all is well xx I'm finding it hard as I really want to be happy about this pregnancy but past excperience is playin on my mind! 

• Options

Hi Kate176, ive lost a little boy at 22 weeks (my first) and also had 3 early miscarriages, I've also got 2 girls aged 5 and 6 and a little boy who is 2 on Saturday, it's so hard to be positive when you've been through something Like this, ive always paid and had a reassurance scan at 8 weeks to put my mind at rest xxx

• Options

Look like you've been through a lot of heart ach BeckyAndRainbows! Can't imagine how you felt but god bless the blessing you have now thank you for sharing you past with me what did u do too keeo your mind off the bad and into the good xxx

• Options

Hey guys

i've just found out I'm pregnant with my first and I literally haven't a clue what I'm doing so all help and advice of what to do in the first stages is more than welcome! 

congrats to everyone else who has just found out too :)

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options

Hi Kate176, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations - sorry to hear of your past loss, wishing you a super sticky bean. 

Congratulations Rachael2607 too! We're sure the lovely women here will be able to guide you on what happens next. Lovely to have you here! 

• Options

Well im 5+2 today and feeling sick as a dog. Morning sickness has truly kicked in. However i find lemon and ginger tea helps. How is everyone doing? As well as sickness im really tired and have lower back ache but i do have a bad back to start with

• Options

I feel like I'm doing quite well compared to others which I've probably just cursed now! im tired,getting a little sickness feeling and some cramping. I'm roughly just over 5 weeks too and waiting to ring my midwife today . 

Congrats! And thanks for the tip with the tea I'll keep it in mind when the sickness kicks in for me

• Options

Hey guys! My husband and myself found out on Tuesday that we're expecting our first, I'm currently 5+1. We got married the end of October and saved ttc until after the wedding so we were gobsmacked when we found that it happened on the first cycle of trying! We haven't told anyone yet so going a bit mad and googling every symptom. I've done a total of 5 tests (including 2 digi's) to make sure 😂

We're planning to tell our families tomorrow, we were going to wait until Christmas but we're just too excited! 

I'm so paranoid about something going wrong, I'm 24 and a healthy weight etc so not sure when all worry is coming from! Got super sore boobs, mild period-type pains and my nails are growing like mad!! 

I've seen a lot of you ladies have managed to get early scans, how did you go about this? I called my GP as soon as we found out and they said they don't need to see me and to just contact the midwife team, I called them and they said to submit a form when I'm 6 weeks and they will contact me about an appointment at 11 weeks and then the scan at 12 weeks, feel like i'll go mad by then!! 

Thanks to anyone who managed to get to the end of my essay, any reassurance and advice will be appreciated! ❤️

• Options

Congrats Boots409!

I'm in the same boat as you just found out and was hoping i'd get some kind of scan before my 12 weeks as that long wait will drive me insane!! 

however I do have my midwife appointment on Tuesday so not sure what to expect there hopefully she will give me some advice as I literally haven't a clue and the smallest thing I've been googling.

Im so paranoid that something is going to go wrong too as I don't have a clue what to expect.  i think I definitely need to start doing some reading.

congrats again!!:)

• Options

Post Edited by MadeForMums

• Options
    Post withdrawn