Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2017

Replies

• Options

Rachael2607 and Mummytobe140817, congrats to you ladies too! How exciting that we're all at the same stage!

Keep me updated with how your midwife appointments go! It doesn't seem that i'll be seeing anyone until 10/11 weeks which is disappointing! 

This morning I have been looking into getting an early scan at just to ease my nerves a bit, which I think is worth the £99! The earliest they do them is at 7 weeks so i'm looking to book one for Christmas eve, seeing a little heartbeat would be the best Christmas present ever!

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options

Post edited by MadeForMums

• Options

Hi. I am due in mid aug 2017 . 1st child so excited. I have been having cramps almost everyday(almost like my period is going to show) and feeling nausea and lower back pains. Hows everyone else coping so far. Has everyone told family yet or waiting. i have told my mum and thats about it. Planning on telling the in-laws in Christmas whats everyone's opinion

• Options

Congrats! 

same here 1st child and Im my nausea hasn't really kicked in yet but slightly dreading it! but definitely suffering with cramping, tiredness and backache image 

havent told my family yet think I'm going to wait until 12 week scan image but telling my best friend tomorrow which I can't wait to see her reaction! 

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options

• Options

im feeling really weird about this whole pregnancy. I can't get excited, I think I'm just trying to protect myself after our loss in September. I want to be happy and telling parents, but I'm convinced its going to end the same as last time. I dont even feel pregnant ???? I guess I'm trying to ask if this is a normal feeling? Last time I was so convinced we'd be bringing home a baby, right from the beginning. This time Im not image 

• Options

Hi Guys!

Im so glad I've found this group, I'm currently 5+2 and dying to talk to people about it. It's going to be a looooooong wait to the 12 week scan!! 

• Options

• Options

Post edited by MadeForMumsD

Congrats to everyone else who has also just found out!! What an exciting time! Gingernut89, sending you reassuring hugs! I've not been through your experience but they way you are feeling sounds normal to me

• Options

• Options

• Options
  • Options

• Options

Good morning everyone. And lovely to see so many of you in our Due in August 17 Birth Club already!

I'm just popping by to let you know that we've edited some recent posts (Sorry BeckyandRainbows, BB1504, Rachael2607, Boots409, Gingernut89, Firespirit89, Mummy2be, Gray034 - we will drop you all an email too) where you've mentioned a Facebook group. Sorry if that sounds a bit fierce but, like most other parenting forums, we don't really allow folks to use our forum to set up Facebook groups.

Obviously, we wouldn't dream of saying you can't join a Facebook group (and we couldn't stop you even if we wanted to!). But we do draw the line at actually posting on MFM Birth Club threads about them, and encouraging other users to join.

As we're sure you understand, we love having you all here, posting on MFM and supporting each other through your pregnancies. We don't want you to go anywhere else! 

And, truth be told, if you were you all do that now (PLEASE DON'T!), anyone new who showed up here, looking for friendship and support from others who are due in August would feel a bit like Billy No Mates – which would be such a shame, as the Due in clubs are the life and soul of this place, and this club has been so wonderful so far. 

If it helps any [persuasive smile], we should tell you that we regularly offer little pregnancy or baby treats to those who keep posting in our Birth Clubs and our Baby Clubs  – if you have a look through other Clubs, you'll see we've been sending out stretchmark creams, baby gifts– and all sorts of other lovely stuff (some new mums just got some fabulous buggies to test this week worth over £500). Please hang tight and watch this space: won't be long till it's your turn! MadeForMums really is the place to stay, honest. 

We trust you understand. 

• Options

Morning ladies, we had an early scan this morning, im 6 weeks today. Delighted to say all went well and we saw a little heartbeat, so im very happy and reassured! Makes the nausea over the last few days worth it! I hope you are all doing well image

• Options

I've been to the doctors this morning, to talk to her about how I'm feeling. She's done some bloods to check my HCG in the hope that will reassure me - the results should be back for my midwife appointment on Wednesday. If they come back high then I'm going to book a scan for the 22nd in the hope we'll get a decent enough picture to show our parents on Christmad day. I took a digi test this morning but it's still saying 1-2 weeks so I'm not really sure how I feel. 

• Options

Hi Everyone!

Got my BFP yesterday at exactly 4 weeks! - so I'm due mid-august. Period was due on friday so tested 2 days late (and a couple more times today!)

Little bit worried as I did have an early MC in October, however I didnt even know I was pregant that time until I started bleeding, so I'm trying to stay positive :)

Laura x

• Options

That's wonderful news on your scan londongirl. 

Oh Gingernut89, so sorry to hear how you're feeling but it's good your doctor listened to you and did some bloods. Please do come and let us know the results. 

Welcome to MadeForMums LauraPops - wonderful to have you here and huge congratulations!