Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in Dec 2015 Part 2!

Replies

• Options

Good luck for your scan on Saturday Butterfly - have you any feelings as to what you are having? Do you have any preferences?

I find it so strange how every area is different, I was booked in for my 20 week scan as soon as I had my 12 week one so I've know for ages. The 4th Aug seems to far away!

Hadpop - great to get some good news, like you said it doesn't guarantee anything but at least your on the right track and making a real positive start.

I'm really tired today so glad we have a relaxing weekend to look forward too!

• Options

Good luck for your scan Butterfly!  I will put it out there and say Pinkimage  Because I haven't known many people have a pink one recently!

Lovely bump Squeak - I am struggling uploading pictures.  I tried to put one on of 'Dave' (babys nickname!) after the scan, but wouldn't let me!

Hadepop - great to have some lovely news on a Friday!

Hope you all have some lovely plans for this weekend image

Jodie xx

• Options

Happy Friday everyone!

Hope you are all well and your pregnancies are going smoothly image.

Squeak185 that's a lovely bump, similar size to mine. However I worry that people cant tell i'm pregnant and just put on a lot of weight haha, everyone is saying I definitely look pregnant though. I'll upload a pic later!

Anyone having any negative symptoms at the moment? I am very very hormonal, its pretty annoying image. Also had my first issue with my boyfriend regarding sex.. I knew he wasn't feeling as up to it as usual and he put it out there and said "its probably the pregnancy thing and theres a baby right there" I thought great, got to put up with this until Christmas?! Any advice? XXX

• Options

Bless you Alextomx - hormones are totally normal!  Not always nice, but they are a part of pregnancy unfortunately image

Regarding the sex thing - we are the other way round.  I have gone completely off it.  We literally haven't done it since I found out I was pregnant.  Initially because I was so tired, but now I just don't feel sexy enough or in the mood!  I know I need to try soon though - not fair on hubby otherwise!   Don't get me wrong - we have done other things to get pleasure from each other, just not full blown sex!!  So I tend to think for both men and women the sex thing in pregnancy can be really difficult.  I think we all tend to go one way or another - you either don't want it, or you are at it like rabbits! Maybe get some nice smelling oils and things, and give your other half a rub down and relax him a bit - he might be so chilled he won't be thinking about baby and one thing may lead to another.......image xx

• Options

Hi Alextomx.  

im the opposite as iv gone off sex and am dry dont seem to get turned on??  Anybody Else like that? my hubbie tho is ready for it at any opportunity.

But on the hormonal thing im getting bit ratty with him too like cos i can only sleep on my left (back facing him) i hardly get a kiss and think just cos im off the sex a good old snog wouldnt do any harm!! Plus he can asks me when he last saw his kids but i can't remember last time he said he loves me. Men can be selfish at times. 

• Options

Also ladies dont know if anyone else is suffering from HAYFEVER but i have just come back from doctors hoping to have got something i.e nasal spray & he said NO MEDS are safe to use. So thought i would share that with others suffering unfortunately we have to put up with it (or close the window) lol. 

• Options

See its weird for me because my sex drive has increased massively and I just feel like the OH isn't interested image my sex drive has always been higher than his but at the moment its getting a bit ridiculous and if he doesn't want to, because of my hormones you can imagine how it makes me feel - fat, ugly, not attractive blah blah blah. Hormones are crazy image.

Flaxley: My OH said im dryer than usual too which is odd because I do feel really turned on. But I think that can be pretty normal in pregnancy to become dryer..

Swanny : Thankyou for ur advice, will have to try some new methods haha. Don't get me wrong its not like he just doesn't want it at all but I can tell he isn't as up for it as usual and if hes getting freaked out by the fact theres a baby there, imagine when im massive!?

xx

• Options

Hi flaxley, I suffer with hayfever and know u can't take anything but I have a trick, I use a tiny bit of bepanthen.          ( vasiline works too) just wipe it around the inside of your nostrils and it has helped me loads, especially with sports days this week! I heard it catches to pollen in the thin layer of cream so it dosnt get to irritate your nose! Then you can blow nose or wipe it away and reapply if needed later in the day...its not perfect  but it helps x

• Options

With regards to sex, men get freaked out thinking they will hurt the baby ! It takes a while for it to sink in that they won't ( they think they poke baby during!) I've heard it a lot lol ( we have biiig family who talk loud at bbqs lol)

As for when bumps swell- experiment lol have fun and try something new ...besides at the end its good for starting labour!

• Options

I would say that our sex life has slowed down a little but maybe that's because we are comparing to when we were trying and it seemed to be all the time. I think we are probably averaging once a week but we are both up for it and I'm lucky that I have no issues with my OH in regards to wanting to do it - if anything he cant keeps his hands off me. I am hoping when the tiredness lifts a bit things might become more regular!

I am massively struggling with hay fever which in turn is making my asthma worse...this has been the worst part of pregnancy so far, but I'm glad I will only be 20-24 weeks when 'summer' hits and not fully pregnant!

• Options

Lol sorry I had to giggle when I thought about it I guess while TTC it is pretty intence schedule of dtd ! Things have slowed down into what I'd like to think is a more natural pace lol 

But again taking evening sickness and tiredness into the equation its probably less than average lol  roll on feeling human eh? 

Hope everyone has a chilled weekend - don't know bout you ladies but I'm shattered and need a lie in!!

• Options

Thanks Squeak. I'm quite excited. I initially thought a boy but now think may be a girl. I don't mind either way but oh would like a boy. Yeah I haven't heard anything and im 17 weeks next week. 

Thanks Swanny. Quite a few think it might be a girl because I'm pretty big. That's funny little Fave.  Mines is called banana as apparently it's top banana. 

Alex my hormones are all over the place too im very grumpy. I think men cam be funny about it worrying they might hurt the baby. We haven't sInce we got pregnant as at first kept bleeding and then time just went by. I'm sure will get back on the horse soon. 

I've got bad hay fever to Flaxley it's a nightmare. My mum got me a balm called haymax which you rub around your nose to catch the pollen. It's suitable for pregnant ladies and kids. Not sure what will do with my eyes yet though

• Options

Butterfly good luck at your scan x

• Options

Thanks.mummy22littlegirls, I couldn't sleep.thinking about it x

• Options

Can't wait to hear what you are having Butterfly! 

• Options

Good luck with the scan butterfly xx

• Options

Thanks Squeak and busymamma. Well it appears im having a wee girl. She's quite big already. All looks well at the moment which is a relief 

• Options

Ah lovely ???? congratulations butterfly! Lovely news!

• Options

Not sure why it's done question marks sure I put !

• Options

Thanks Swanny. I think the scan may have said she is 15cm which I think is a lot for just over 16 weeks, not sure though