Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2016

Replies

• Options

Hi hope it's ok for me to join! I'm 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby and so excited. Horrible nausea though so hoping that doesn't last too long. Lovely to see so many ladies expecting babies in February on here xx 

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.

• Options

Hello Ladies, forum buddies, Mothers-2-be, or 2-bee’s or even possibly queen bees…

I have to say it’s been rather refreshing reading all yours stories/comments and realising im not alone in my feelings (or cramping). I am a first timer at this (yes, pregnant), I am happy, although I still get feelings of apprehension and worry. I can only speculate its not being “prepared” for it that made it shocking. Yes, I know what your going to say, “it takes two to tango” and I must have had an idea how the Birds and the Bee’s work. But ekkk….

I guess, first off this was a complete surprise. Neither me or my other half had planned to have “doughnut 2”, as we are in the midst of moving 2 homes and changing work to a different county and planning a wedding abroad so as you can imagine it wasn’t on our target list of things to cram in these next few months. Only realized I was pregnant after going to the GP for having serve abdominal cramps and was suspected to have a ovary cyst. A blood test and urine test soon concluded the result.

The other-half is totally chuffed; he has a smile plastered across his face (which admittedly is rather fetching) and appears to be in happy zombie mode. I think was tricked!!

Anyway I'm an apparent “overweight – bmi 26”, 35yr, first timer. I haven’t experienced any morning sickness yet, (touchwood) but blooming heck, these cramps are unbelievable. It feels like ive been punched in the abdomen. I’ve already given birth to a healthy hot beanbag that seems to follow me everywhere. I can no longer wear my size 12 jeans, which is frustrating, but I guess being its summer (who said that) I should get away with wearing some nice loose skirts etc..

Anyway, I thought I would say hello; any advice on anything is more than welcome. Thanks alot for reading this ramble of words.

P.S – Anyone else craving Salt and Vinegar crisps like they are going out of fashion?

P.P.S – Sorry for twittering on…

• Options

Hello Steph1209, welcome and congratulations on your BFP - of course it's ok for you to join, it's great to have you here.

And hello to HelenMS! Love how you're calling your bean doughnut 2 - we always called our 'the prawn'!!! Sorry you're suffering with such cramps - are they going to monitor you more closely because of them?

• Options

Oooo I wonder if you might have more than one doughnut in there!

• Options

DanielleMFM

Oh ha ha!!! Two doughnuts!!! dont joke!!, but hey i guess its gets the 2nd out of the way. we'll see, lets just hope this easies up soon. 

• Options

Hey helen MS I can totally relate to you although we were ttc for 11 months before I conceived.. at first I was happy and then it hit me and I started freaking out ..I have always been a worry wart and thankfully my oh is as strong as a rock .. still trying to figure out stuff.. the anxiety keeps getting less as the days go by .. I think the hormones are to blame too ! Anyway just concentrate on the joy of having an offspring who you can make a connection with as they grow .. I just think about the connection me and my mom have and all the fun we have and always wanting to have that with my own one day 

• Options

Aww Mandy I'm so happy for you!!! And everyone on here!!

im such a worrier tho, I know it's gross but I'm constantly checking for blood!! Just want my little peanut to be okay!! I kinda wish I started vomiting.... Even after four tests icant believe there's a baby in there!! Terrified encase something goes wrong or on the scan nothing shows up lol!!!

• Options

Hi ladies , I have recently found out I'm pregnant and due February. I already have 2 sons and sadly had 2 miscarriages last year so I'm feeling a bit worried this time. So far I have had quite strong symptoms and a good strong line on my test so I'm trying to stay positive. The last 2 days I didn't really have any symptoms like I had been getting so drive myself mad thinking the worst . The nausea and hunger is back with a vengeance today though! I have my gp appointment tomorrow xx

• Options

Hi stamarie, welcome to February and congratulations! So sorry to hear of your miscarriages, it must be hard to relax into this pregnancy. Let us know if they'll be monitoring you closely and what you GP says.

• Options

Hi, my husband and I are expecting our first on 7th Feb. We are both excited and nervous at the same time!

• Options

Hi Sewnew, congrats on your BFP, we're so glad you joined us! Oh I remember that nervousness all too well - it's a real nail biter! How are those pregnancy symptoms - have any kicked in yet?

• Options

Hello all! I'm expecting our first on Feb 25th after 15 long months of TTC. Best of luck to everyone on their journeys.

Sewnew - are you the same sewnew from Md/Hitched? I recognise the username...

• Options

Ahhh tayto! How lovely to see your name appear in the Feb Birth Club - huge congratulations!

• Options

Hi Everyone!!

I just wanted to share some information with you all. I have been suffering with EXTREME tiredness, feeling short of breath and can feel that my heart races, this didnt seem normal to me and i never had any symptoms this extreme with my other 3 pregnancies so i spoke to my midwife and asked for a test to check my iron levels, and sure enough i have iron deficiency anaemia.I just read that this is common in pregnant women expecting twins!!!!, well i will have to wait till August to find that out. Ladies dont take symptoms for granted, if it doesnt feel right speak to your GP or midwife so you can get the proper care for yourself and your unborn baby xx.

• Options

thanks Danielle - I still can't believe it!

fourthandfinal - I have the exact same symptoms - must go get my iron levels checked. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Options

Fourth and final I too feel very drained and my heart races at times!! Will they do a blood test? What foods are filled with iron? X

• Options

Hi ladies, glad to see you're all doing well! Had our 2nd scan yesterday & baby is measuring 8+2 still with a perfect heart beating away! This is the furthest I've got since trying for baby 2 so was a massive milestone for us! Next scan in 2 weeks! ????

• Options

mummy taylor that is a great achevement hoping for a lovely healthy pregnancy for you .. I am so happy for you its great you get to hear your babys heartbeat .. I am still waiting for mine and cant wait for the surge of emotion that will follow ! I think my hormones have settled a bit as I am less nervous and getting more excited about the little life inside me . Hows everyone else getting a long