Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021

Replies

• Options
    I’ve told my parents and mother in law and my siblings- we are all very close and we have always told each other early on in our pregnancies. My work know as I have to take extra precautions at the minute due to COVID due to being pregnant and having asthma so the staff had to be aware of that. I work with mostly older women and they always wrap me up in cotton wool and really take care of me when I’m pregnant and ensure I rest as much as I can. 
    I don’t really think much about miscarriage. It’s beyond my control so just try not and dwell on it. 
  • Options
    is anyone worried about being pregnant with covid19......the chances of catching it in ohio are very low right now
  • Options
    I’m with you @Memz89x, I felt last time as though it was all exciting but then hushed up and lots of ifs and buts. I want people to be excited, even though I know they’ll worry about my having another premature baby. I’m hoping I’ll see the consultant around 12 weeks and will maybe be able to put them at ease when we announce the news
  • Options
    @Catlady220 I am a little bit. I’m in the UK and where I like Barnsley is high on the list of possible local lockdown. As a school all staff and children are tested every week so if there is any sign of COVID in the building we will know and the head has then said I am to work from home. Only got 2 weeks until the summer break now anyway 
  • Options
    Memz89 my other 2 girls are 8 ( tomorrow) and 5. I also do that to make hubby take notice 🙈. 

Sophie2791Thank you lovely. Where are those gin gin from? I’m a nurse so in my feel all day and feel these might help me as I can have one under my mask 😂. 

MrsRodgers416 hi 👋, my little boy was born the 14th September. He was actually due in October but I had a planned induction so he was a September baby 💙. 

It’s lovely to be welcomed bu you all and I look forward to getting to know you 😊 xx 

• Options
    Memz89x mum of 3 at the moment will be 4 🙈 Although with my husband and dog feels like 5 😂. 
    This is my 5th pregnancy i lost my first at 6 weeks in 2010 an early mmc. Xx
  • Options
    Morning everyone, happy Friday! 

How are we all doing? 
  • Options
    Hi girls a bit nervous according to my period I am 7 weeks + 6 this was the day I had MC so hoping it sticks xx
  • Options
    Apart from balloon boobs feeling ok 
  • Options
    Hey happy Friday 😊. I’m 8 weeks today and my eldest is 8 today so trying my best to make her day special with having to cancel her party and me running to the toilet all the time it’s not as expected. She’s so good though and taken it all in her stride xx 
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone

Hey has any of you has blood type Rh negative? Mine is Rh- and my husband 's is Rh+. While my doctor is not worrying about it, I have read a lot about it. if the baby is Rh+, mom' s body can generate antibodies which can cause harnful, even life threatening conditions for the baby later on (that's the extreme case of course and happens with a very small percentage of people), I wanted to check if anyone has any experience with this? 

@AyeeshaB don't worry. Hoping that things are going fine for you this time🤞

• Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 I’m O- hun but luckily hubby is the same blood type (swear we’re not related 😂) however I still need to have anti-D injections (apparently in case I have another baby daddy in the future?)

Sorry I can’t remember but do you have any children already? Apparently more chance of complications in 2nd pregnancy. Fingers crossed you won’t have bother xx
  • Options
    I do know of someone who is going through this at the moment unfortunately but it’s her 2nd child and it’s very rare from what I’ve told to have the bother that she has
  • Options
    @Memz89x
     Blood group for both me and husband is B+.
    Rh type is different. Rhesus (Rh) factor is an inherited protein found on the surface of red blood cells. If your blood has the protein, you're Rh positive. If your blood lacks the protein, you're Rh negative.
    This test was done during my first midwife appointment. I did not know my Rh type before. 
    But as far as I read, you are right. The complications are for 2nd pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy  so hopefully there is no issue. 

We can also do a blood test after 12th week to determine baby's Rh type. If that is also Rh-, then there is no need to worry. 

• Options
    Happy Friday all!

@AyeeshaB I hope all will be fine today and from here on :) xx

@Mummy246 well done you! And happy birthday to your big girl!

I'm feeling quite good today, less nauseated, less tender, still getting some dizzy spells though if I'm not slow and steady with movement. Making the most of it by eating as much as possible, yesterday I got to 7pm and realised all I'd had all day was a kiwi :/

Take care xx
  • Options
    @AyeeshaB hoping today passes very quickly for you so you don't have to worry about it, you've got this! 

@Mummy246 hope you have a lovely day celebrating, lockdown birthdays are tricky but in some ways its nice to enjoy it rather than worrying that everyone is having a good time.

I got my last results back from my blood tests and I've gone from 1,400 at 4+5 to 15,140 at 5+5 so super happy and feel I can relax a little bit. Have also booked my first appointment but the earliest I could get was at 9 weeks! 
  • Options
    @Butsie185 congrats! I’m glad it’s all working out well for you xx
  • Options
    @Butsie185 happy to know. Do take time to relax now. I know a long wait for the scan, but we all are in it together. 
  • Options
    @Sophie2791
    Do take care of your diet dear. Keep eating at regular intervals.
    Good to know your nausea is easing. You have completed 9 weeks right?

I am still nauseated all day and still throwing up several times, I am 8w+3. Perhaps a couple more weeks! 
  • Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 I’m rh- 
    I haven’t seen midwife yet but after my MC I had to have an Ante-D injection in my leg that would stop my body rejecting the baby next time as my body could think that it had to get rid of it or something like that. 

Thanks ladies for the best wishes 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions