Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2016 Part 2

Replies

• Options

Wow my kids are so hoping for snow it just needs to come to Dumfries we are only 10 mins from hospital and could make it in snow I reckon. 

• Options

That looks lovely Caroline...unfortunately I'm stuck on the other side of Durham at work...I finish in half hour and I'm dreading the drive home. I only passed my test in may so i've never experience it. OH is really worried about it as well.

• Options

Oh god jojo be careful, let us know when you make it home, my mil and fil were coming to visit today but got to Chester le street and turned around and went back home X 

• Options

You lucky bugger Caroline I want snow all I've got is bloody rain image thanks, it's Tuesday. 

I'm pleased things have calmed kayagh. 

Jojo just take it slow and if you hit ice DO NOT use your brake. Take it slow you'll be ok. 

• Options

Thankfully the roads weren't as bad as we imagined, still took over an hour for me to get home, I was probably being over cautious but I arrived safe and sound and that's all that matters :) I think the OH might drive me to work tomorrow. What a weekend to end on...can't wait for maternity to start on Monday! 

• Options

Leased you are home safe and sound and woo hoo maternity starting Monday time to relax a bit xxx 

• Options

Pleased you got back safe jojo image

well ive been up all night I felt so ill bubs had his feet right up in my ribs made me feel so sick. Think I was having Braxton hicks aswell as feeling like I was going to either shit myself or puke and burst with trapped wind image such a bad stomach ache. It finally settled after waddling and rubbing my stomach for hours, I managed to go to bed at 10am and get some much needed sleep! 

Hope everyone else is good? 

• Options

Aww mrs bear hope you are feeling better not much fun when they are being awkward. 

OH is all better now thank goodness.  He reckons we will have them wed this week I think they will be stubborn and make us wait but not long now last two weeks but it feels like an eternity.

got my daughters friend round so sat freezing at the ice rink 15 mins to go not that I'm counting. 

Hope pe everyone's weekend was good 

• Options

Poor you Mrs bear my little monkey had his head in my ribs most of last night so you have my sympathy,  I hope you were able to get some sleep and have a better night tonight 

Wednesday kayagh lets see if he is right!!! I don't want a race so I'll patiently wait till Friday.  

Jojo I hope your last day at work has gone well and from tomorrow you get a much needed rest before baby arrives.

hope everyone else has had an un weekend and start of new week tomorrow and closer for us all X. 

• Options

thanks kayagh he must just be completely stretched out today! I'm pleased your oh is better image I bet it's freezing at the ice rink rather you than me image in guessing Saturday your lil ones will arrive! 

thanks caroline. Ouch head in ribs that must be worse than feet in ribs! I bet you are getting excited now? 

Hope your last day went well jojo. Now time to chill image

• Options

I'm trying to look on the bright side mrs bear and thinking it's bloody uncomfortable when he decides to stick his head in my ribs but at least I don't feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball between my legs all the time,  I'm getting very excited now making plans for next week. I'm going to go to my daughters school play tomorrow and while there have a chat with the headmistress to let them know what is happening and ask them to be patient with Lauren as in not sure how she is going to handle me being in hospital and the plan is she will go to school on Friday but it might be that she is there in body not mind lol X. She keeps asking questions about if it hurts when you have a baby and if people die sometimes which I obviously reassure her as much as possible but it might be that Friday she is preoccupied thinking about me, I do think though that as its the last day of school before Christmas and it's Christmas jumper day she will be better off at school rather than sitting at home waiting for news, what do you ladies think?? 

Xx

• Options

Aww, she sounds like me image ha! Yeah definitely better off at school the last days are always fun days and you can relax knowing she's safe and busy whilst your focused on bubs. she might start the day anxious for you but she will be distracted at school I'm sure image

• Options

I'm not holding my breath for Wednesday tho he is convinced I'll just be glad to get my final antibody results and have my last scan til delivery day can't believe it's that time already final growth scan eek But at least on wednesday we find out when we go in between 37-38 weeks so they will be here for new year for sure.  Getting anxious about the birth as little man is completely transverse and who knows which way he will present when his turn comes can't even talk to OH without getting upset if he is breach they will just drag him out but the risk of his blood supply being reduced while his head is born is worrying me that and the risk that his placenta could seperate once she is born is pretty scary I can ask for a section and I will get one the choice has always been mine but I just don't know thought I was ok with vaginal delivery but nerves are kicking in.  Either way it will all be done soon and the precious two monsters will be here can't wait for that bit.  

• Options

Caroline I would also send to school as it's the last day she will have fun I know what you mean about the questions my lot keep asking why don't I know when the babies will come and if you don't go to hospital they won't come don't want to ruin the innocence.   Hopefully the school will keep her distracted. I'm putting off my lot coming in til day 2 I think mainly because babies need tests etc when born and they will be up at mil house which is an hours drive away plus with 4 of them plus mil and fil daddy the room will be bursting so I've told OH he is to make them wait in the cafe and bring the kids two at a time how he picks those two is up to him I'd toss a coin.  You must be mega excited now Caroline final preparations for you this week.

• Options

Kayagh that's a tough one but your right to say to oh he has to decide how to do the visits X 

as another day passes it is unreal to think by the end of the week we will have welcomed our new addition to our family.  Family do cause stress though I've got my mam a bit jealous of what my mil is thinking she is going to be doing and it's driving my mam mad because mil keeps saying (10 yr old) grandson who lives with them would love to be at the birth!! My mam is a drama queen and anything has her wound up so I try to say it's never going to happen if my daughters aren't going to be in the hospital while I give birth there is not a hope in hell that my mil or nephew is going to be there!!! I don't want any of them visiting till the Saturday or Sunday as obviously Friday /Saturday would be good to be our day introducing the new baby to his sisters without anyone else watching or interrupting.  But I guess it'll all work out in the end I'm planning on staying in hospital as long as I can as long as I'm out for Christmas Eve I'll be happy.  

People just don't think before they say stuff and I don't think they realise that when you have other children this is a very special time.  We want our nephew to meet his new cousin but I don't want my own daughters to feel they have to take a step back because grandma and grandad have brought him in, it's confusing enough for my youngest why jayden lives with grandma and grandad and why he gets all of their attention and she doesn't, as if that's not enough my mam could cause a fight in a room by herself so I think I'll just close my eyes and ears and let them get on with it lol xx 

i think kayagh you will be pretty close to my date and yes when you have two babes in your arms it's really going to hit home how real it all is X 

• Options

Gosh Caroline and kayagh sounds like you got a difficult time with the inlaws And children. I dont envy you guys. I've already told oh that nobody comes to the hospital. If I could get away with it I wouldn't tell anyone when we go into labour but hes got to take the dog to his mum and dads when it happens. I have said when we get home the dog is the first one to get to see bubs. Prob sounds silly but it's the dogs routine that changes so I want to settle him before family arrives and he wonders why he's not getting their attention image although both sides of the family know not to annoy me coz il just lock the door on them all. Ha! 

I hope your families respect your choices and understand that your children come before the rest of the family as its their lives that will be changing. 

• Options

Wow, I'm at work for a day and there's nothing but emails coming through! 

after a hectic work day I'm so glad I finished, I've been spending my evening just relaxing really. OH is playing his ps4 and I'm watching, baby is going crazy moving, it's one of the f times he's seen it where it hasn't just been jabs, he's a bit freaked out but fascinated bless him. 

i'm so glad my OH's family are just leaving us too it, we've also decided it'll just be us in the room. It's not fair on my parents if his mum is there and vice versa. 

I think I'm gonna be in this for the long haul, I can't see her arriving before her due date at all, I think we'll be pushing closer to February, my cousin is also due with her third baby then, so if she's early and I'm late they could be born on the same day, mad! 

I hope you're all well!! 

• Options

Yes Caroline, I agree too - I'd send your daughter to school. With all the fun things going on for the last day of term, she'll probably have her mind occupied and the time will pass quicker for her. Sounds scary knowing your blood sugar levels will plummet at some point. I'm sure they're really experienced with dealing with that kind of problem though. And dig your heals in with the family. Stuff 'em - you only get one chance to experience these early days with your little ones - don't let some obnoxious, inconsiderate people spoil it for you!

Jojo and Caroline - I'm up here too - Wallsend :-) 

Trying to do some xmas shopping this week. Struggling for cool ideas!! Got the hubby and my son sorted, it's some other members of my family I'm struggling with!! Got mountains of washing and a house to clean. So busy. My OH is away to London tomorrow til Thursday night with work so it's gonna be hard looking after my 5 year old when I feel like poop constantly. Whinge moan!! Sorry.

Better trot off to bed and try and get some kip and hope the heartburn doesn't get me tonight!

Can't believe Caroline that you'll have your baby in your arms in just 5 short days!!

xxxx

• Options

Teabag chin up and hope the next few days while your OH pass quickly.

xmas shopping nearly done now post office tomorrow to send gifts back to the Isle of Man from the kids.  OH is trying to sort his family out and is tearing his hair out but that's his problem I think.  

been baking tonight as youngest has her Xmas party on Tuesday need to ice the cake tomorrow then another party next Monday as kids here are in school til 22nd busy week really but it keeps me occupied from waiting for these two as I keep getting pain on and off they just don't settle down to a pattern but it's only a matter of time what's the bet it be a mad dash to hospital. 

• Options

Well that's school play done, it was lovely and my daughter wants to show everyone mams bump lol.

tankgirl we will have to see if we can meet for coffee in new year when we all have our babies it would be lovely to put faces to names. I know the countdown is well and truly begun for us it's now a bit manic making sure I'm ready to go into hospital and making sure the rest of the household are prepared for a week without mam being there.  Food shopping yesterday consisted of microwave meals and easy to prepare/cook food which isn't too taxing for a 19 yr old who is looking after an 8 yr old ha ha believe me with my 19 yr old most things are a bit too taxing.  

School were great when I explained what is happening this week and have said they will keep a close eye on Lauren for signs that she is emotional or stressed so I'm feeling a bit better about that.  

xxx