Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020

Replies

• Options
    Welcome @Magshunt and congratulations! 

@#Jules#so relieved for you that's great news! 

Ive also been having pains tonight, nothing quite like you guys but def noticeable! Thinking it's possibly trapped wind! 

@Geriatricmum you poor thing that sounds awful :( xxx
  • Options
    I’ve also just had some more spotting... this time it’s red blood ...... i’m Afraid this isn’t looking good for me ladies ... 
  • Options
    @KMic get straight to EPU. Thinking of you x
  • Options
    Spotting can be normal try not to panic go and have yourself checked out hun just to put your mind at rest. Thinking of you xxxx
  • Options
    @KMic such a worry for you honey, def go and get yourself checked. Let us know how you get on. Sending lots of positivity and thinking of you xxx
  • Options
    @Geriatricmum same, I’m such a baby with medication, I don’t even like swallowing tablets and I’m a nurse! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 It’s an orange flavour, just mix it with water and it goes a bit slushy, it’s not as bad as some xx 
  • Options
    Oh kmic I hope you can get checked asap and it settles down stay positive as hard as it is xx
  • Options
    I’ve had bad pains today as well - I woke up with them and had them on and off throughout the day on both sides! I have a scan tomorrow which I am pretty glad about now as was worried all morning! The worry is so awful - have some days where I don’t really think about it and then days like today where I am checking my pants for blood all the time! So difficult!! Xxx
  • Options
    Just seen your other message @KMic - hope you can go get looked at this evening - thinking of you - my friend bled all through her pregnancy and it was absolutely fine - hoping you’re ok xxxxx
  • Options
    I’m absolutely floored! Symptoms are kicking in thick and fast. Can’t escape the nausea! 😩😩 

@KMic I’m so sorry. Have you been checked? Praying for positive news!!! Xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I ended up going to see the out of hours doctor last night who has advised me to just call the EPU and go for ANOTHER scan. So will call them this morning. I don’t think I would have been so worried if it wasn’t for the awful cramps I had and that the blood was red. This journey is such a bloody rollercoaster!!! Xx
  • Options
    Thinking of you 
    @KMic this must be such a troublesome time for you xx
  • Options
    @KMic I'm so sorry this pregnancy has started off so stressful for you! The first trimester really is the worst, and I for one cannot wait for it to be over. I hope your scan comes back with positive news for you 🙏

I've got an appointment with my GP on Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully she will be able to give me a referral for the 12 week scan/blood tests and put my name forward to the hospital we want to give birth at. Unfortunately it's not the same one as my son was born at, but we moved and are no longer in the approved area. HOWEVER, this new hospital has all private rooms, your partner is able to stay with you the entire time and they are very accommodating to mothers who choose to formula feed. With my son we found out I have a medical condition that means I am unable to produce breast milk, and of course we didn't find that out until after many, many stressful days/nights. This time around I am so glad I can just start this new baby with formula right away and skip all the horrible memories I have with my son in those first few days.
  • Options
    Oh that's lovely @lozzz bet your so pleased. If you dont mind me asking what's your condition that makes you unable to breastfeed? I really tried with my daughter but struggled to produce any after she was born. It was a relief to switch to formula at the time because it felt I could properly bond with her but it didnt come without a lot of guilt for a long time xx
  • Options
    That’s amazing lozzz
    Over here my experience was that if you said you were formula feeding from day 1 it was no issue but if, like me, you suggested that you wanted to try breast feeding then you were held to that decision even when it was getting to be impossible. I was discharged as having successfully established breast feeding when I’d managed only one partially successful feed. It meant a lot of tears and worry when I got home and a dash to mothercare to buy a breast pump for my husband! Thankfully my parents had told me to buy a box of formula just in case and I was able to feed him straight away. I only managed to pump for 6 weeks and my supply dried up. Hoping I get more support this time x
  • Options
    So ... the EPU have said because the cramps and bleeding have stopped they aren’t going to rescan me today and will just wait for my next apt - weds week! I just have to rest up and not do too much... which is what I am doing! 

Thanks for the support ladies. Hope you all have a good weekend xx 
  • Options
    @KMic my sister had (red) bleeding on and off right the way through her first pregnancy, they also had her dates wrong and she now has a very healthy 5 year old boy. I’m still just experiencing tender breasts and a little bout of sickness yesterday and today but that’s it! Make sure you rest lots, I hope Wednesday comes round quick for you xx 
  • Options
    If they aren’t concerned then you try not to be concerned either as hard as it is! 
    Our new boss sent a note round telling all staff that they had to provide a hospital letter if they were getting time off for an appointment and that she would treat all information in confidence but she needed to know why. Guess i’ll be phoning in sick the day of my scan 🙄 nosy cow just likes to gossip, we’ve never had to do that before x
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with hypoplasia. Basically it means I never developed any milk ducts during puberty (or if there any, they are extremely underdeveloped). The absolute most I was able to pump was 2ml. And that was with an industrial brand pump, 10 minutes on each boob x 2. So 40 minutes of pumping resulted in 2ml of milk. It was very frustrating because I really felt like I wasn't listened to when I voiced my concerns, and none of the midwives who did home visits would actually check my milk production, instead I got the 'just keep trying' spiel. So for the first few days, my son was basically being starved, but I had no idea because I just kept being told to keep putting him on the boob and 'he'll know what to do'. I also felt like I wasn't allowed to stop trying until I saw a lactation consultant, who immediately diagnosed me just by looking at my breasts, and told me it was alright to stop and switch exclusively to formula. It was such a relief, I think I cried the whole drive home!

My best friend is a midwife and she hadn't even heard of hypoplasia, which was frustrating as well because my lactation consultant could literally tell straight away from the shape of my breasts (they tend to be more tubular than round) that I had it. And I wish they taught it at midwifery school because perhaps then my midwives would have put two and two together (shape + me complaining of not producing any milk) much sooner. 

@KMic lots of rest for you this week then! Hard to stay positive but we're all sending those good vibes your way x
  • Options
    Focus on that lovely heartbeat @KMic take it easy this weekend. Glad everything has stopped though! Oh @lozzz yeah how frustrating for you we know our own bodies and babies. I remember literally sat there with a pump on all day to try and get my milk nothing came out i felt like a failure. They also kept testing my daughters blood sugar after she was on the breast by foot pricking her and it was just getting too much. She was in the NICU when she was born so I did have constant help around me. I remember the day my milk came in it was like day 5! I'd already made the decision to switch by then. So pumped what i could for 4 weeks and then stopped. 
    Currently still in bed with the worst nausea ever. Never had it in my first pregnancy and my mum jokingly said it could be twins! I'm a twin myself! Oh dear
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions