Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020

Replies

• Options
    @MUM2TB it's crazy how much we doubt ourselves, isn't it! I think going into motherhood the second time around I will be much more confident in myself and my choices.

Sucks about the sickness, I had horrible sickness last time! I was nauseas 24/7 and vomiting multiple times a day up until 13 weeks, and then I was vomiting daily until about 24 weeks! I can handle the vomiting, but the nausea....Oh god the nausea. This time around it is much more mild (I'm rarely vomiting this time, but the nausea is still strong) but I cannot wait until the second trimester. I want to feel somewhat normal again, and have energy to do things! I cannot imagine those poor women who get HG and deal with this the ENTIRE pregnancy. They are bloody superheroes 
  • Options
    Well I am just heading to my brothers wedding, designated driver of course but will be lots of questions as to why I’m not drinking as I’m usually the first to be throwing wine and gin down my neck! Lol xx 
  • Options
    Dental infection Long!! Antibiotics mean you can’t drink! 😉
  • Options
    This is so me long 😂 love my wine I would use that your on antibiotics I did at my friends wedding xx
  • Options
    Kmic hope your ok and Wednesday comes over quick for you thinking of you but remember it is common I bled loads with one of mine I was at epu nearly every week and it was red blood they never knew what caused it but shes 8 now xxx
  • Options
    How are you doing @KMic ? Hope you’re ok and everything settled down. 😘

i had awful pains in my right hand side yesterday so ended up going for a scan - but all was fine and she couldn’t see any reason for the pain! I was actually showing three days later than I was before - so now due 10th January. Must be growing pains I think and everything stretching! 

Xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, thanks for checking in. I’ve just been resting up mainly. Still a bit of spotting here and there for me, haven’t had the bad cramps again. Just keeping an eye on things and hoping for the best. Really thought it was game over the other night! (Again!) 

I still have the symptoms (but I know from last time that means nothing) boobs have started hurting now too. I’m right there with you @lozzz on being ready to feel a bit more normal again. I literally feel like every day is just a struggle at the moment. So tired. Nausea / sickness / generally feeling crap. And just no motivation to do anything! I haven’t done anything to the new house since we got back from holiday (and obvs now I need to be taking it easy) but eurgh. What a time this is. Just PRAYING that it will all be worth it!!!!  

Have my first midwife apt tomorrow at 11, so I will talk her through how things have been and see if she has any suggestions. Part of me is half hoping she tells me to stay off work for a while. The thought of sitting there feeling rotten again all week makes me want to cry! 

9 weeks today based on dates! Does anyone have their official 12 week scan dates through yet?! I’m assuming mine will be sent once i’ve had my midwife apt tomorrow. Still have my EPU one booked for next weds. X 
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow maybe mention how you feel about being at work at the minute hopefully they can sign you off for abit especially with the spotting aswell

I'm the same as you based on lmp dates and my 12 week scan is the 2nd of July she booked that at my midwife appointment...seems so far away when every day is a struggle to get through I'm wiped out with all the symptoms dragged myself to the kitchen today got like 6 loads of washing to do it's just built up over the week 🙄 xx
  • Options
    It's nice to know that we are all in the same boat re: exhaustion and sickness and all around feeling rubbish. I mean, it doesn't help us feel better but at least we are going through it together haha. 

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully only another 3 or 4 weeks of feeling like absolute crap before the energy kicks back in. I've got 3 weeks of work left until school holidays, so fingers crossed by the time I go back for term 3 the happy feel good feelings of the second trimester have started!
  • Options
    I’m slightly jealous of that @lozzz!! 

Its definitely nice to know that everyone is in the same boat... it’s just crazy how much it drains you! I never realised it would be quite so bad!

Haha @Rainbowsunshine I have washing to do too and it’s such a nice day here it would dry nicely outside ... but I can’t face getting out of bed and walking downstairs 🤣🙈 LIFE x 
  • Options
    Morning ladies, I have my private scan today, praying they find a heartbeat as at last weeks scan they’re was just the gestation scan & yolk sac, no fetal / heartbeat yet and they put me back to 5wks2days 😔 So praying I have some good news today xx 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, 

I’m feeling the same, absolutely exhausted all the time! I’m 7+1 today, I did about 3 loads of laundry yesterday, got another 2 to do today, we’re housesitting every other night for my SO’s parents who are in Canada for 3 weeks so we’re back and forth all the time and that’s tiring me out! Also now having 2 houses to clean and the likes, just feeling shattered. Oh.... and I’m currently doing my foundation degree so I’m trying to do my assignment in between all of that but I just have no drive to do it 😔 I just want to concentrate on my little bean, rest up and take things easy but life is just so busy!! Looking forward to 12 weeks when the pressure is off a little, assignment will be submitted by then and I just can’t wait to tell our family! I’m too excited to keep it a secret any longer!! 😬😂 

Hope everyone else is well! Anyone else struggling to keep it a secret? Or have you told your families? X
  • Options
    I've told my sister and parents as I think if anything were to happen they would be told anyway. Not going to tell anyone else until the scan. I'm supposed to be doing a Northumberland mighty hike for McMillan in a few weeks I'm going to have to pull out at this rate =( il have to feign an illness I think x
  • Options
    Ahh I see, that makes sense! How far along are you @MUM2TB may I ask? and yeah, you may have to pull a sicky! I’m thinking about telling our families once the in-laws are back from their holidays, or just after but swearing the family to secrecy until we have our scan, I’m booked for July 15th so I’ll be 12+2 by then. It just seems sooo far away 😔 x
  • Options
    I'm 6 +5 today I have a long way to go it seems to be dragging because I feel so ill xx
  • Options
    I've already told our families and our close circle of friends. A couple of people at work know as well. We actually announced our last pregnancy publically at 9 and a half weeks after our dating scan, but this time we'll wait to do the public announcement until after our 12 week scan. Personally I found it too hard to keep a secret from our close friends as I was so sick/pulling out of events/already looking bloated AF and everyone knew we were trying so they all suspected it anyway lol.

I think being our second baby as well, it's not as exciting to everyone as the first one anyway 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Oh bless you! Keep resting up! I must admit, it seems to go so slowly but I think it’s  because I literally never stop thinking about it! X
  • Options
    I’m going to have a chat with my SO about telling our families soon I think, I’m finding it so hard to keep it a secret. It’s our first and we’re  just so excited. Plus this will be my SO’s parents first grandchild! 

I must admit.... besides the tiredness and bloating I’ve been okay so no questions have been asked regarding our friends but I guess we’ll tell them closer to 12 weeks :) thank you @lozzz x
  • Options
    Enjoy sharing the news, it really is so exciting to see the faces of your family when they hear it! Especially the first grandchild!
  • Options
    I can’t wait!! Thank you @lozzz 🙂 x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions