Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I caved into a small glass of wine when I went on holiday!  And yes @Geriatricmum I suffered really terrible mood swings but it seems to have settled now ,after about 19 weeks it calmed down. I have had the odd moment here and there. Feel like I'm going to be going on maternity sooner than I would have liked I feel terrible pubic bone pain at the minute and my job requires a lot of standing =(
  • Options
    Don't worry @MUM2TB I had a light beer the other night at dinner and it was amazing. Took me like 2 hours to finish because I was savoring it so much haha.

I'm getting really bad pain in my lower right back, just above my butt. I don't know if it's nerve pain or what, but it runs all down my leg and ugh, it sucks so much! And knowing it's only going to get worse the bigger I get does not help lol
  • Options
    I know right! Over half way though now Haha il just keep telling myself that xx
  • Options
    Whoopsieeee ... next sale today ... just bought baby girl a couple of dresses and a jump suit for next summer 🤣🙈🤷‍♀️ X
  • Options
    Haha good to know @KMic I have literally dug out all of my daughters old clothes and organised them into age order. Alot of it is unisex at the beginning but theres a tonne of girls clothes so il be all set if it's a girl! My sister saw the baby kick yesterday was so exciting my husband has been trying to feel but no luck yet. They are getting so stronger sometimes takes me by surprise! Most of them feel like a kick to my cervix! Baby was upside down at 20 week scan so the little legs are very active down there! 
  • Options
    So today my family booked a holiday to Bali for the end of next year - found a really good deal online for a private pool villa for 12 people so managed to convince my family (plus 4 kids) that we should book it! 

So excited, still a long way away but something to look forward to after bubs is born and a good incentive to lose the baby weight haha. We went over to Thailand on a family holiday when our son was 10 months and baby #2 will be about the same age for this trip! 🎉
  • Options
    Aww that’s exciting @lozzz ... we keep toying with a couple of ideas for holidays next year. I think we are going to do a couple of UK breaks with the step daughter and bubba and then later in the year consider an abroad break just the 3 of us 🥰  ... hubby won’t let me book anything until after baby is here though in case it’s harder than I thought 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Hi everyone, glad to see everyone is okay. I also caved and ordered a few bits off the Next sale yesterday 🛍 
    Just past the 22 week stage, has anyone been experiencing like a stitch / cramp down the right hand side? I’ve had it on and off since last night, was so hard to get comfy and have a good nights sleep! Xx 
  • Options
    Quick announcement - We're giving away free tickets to The Baby Show at Olympia in London, this 18-20 Oct. Head to Latest Discussions to win them! 
  • Options
    Hi @Long35 , still get the odd ache here and there - had a few last night. No really a stitch type feeling though, more crampy / muscles stretching I assume. I'm just over 23 weeks now.

Hubby felt baby girl kick for the first time last night! So lovely! A couple of friends are already planning my baby shower too. Just getting so bloooomin excited now! x
  • Options
    Aw same @KMic it's so exciting isnt it. I'm also still getting those stretchy type aches now and again. My tiredness doesnt seem to have eased off! Not so debilitating as it was in the first trimester but I really could do with a nap in the day. Is everyone sleeping ok apart from the aches and pains? I had trouble and now my 2 yr old has now started to wake up randomly in the night for a drink, a cuddle, her toy bunny 
    ....anything really! How is everyones bumps coming on? I seem to have really popped now! Carrying high again! 
  • Options
    I’ve popped out too but not that neat, just feel huge all over, I’m like a potato with legs! X
  • Options
    Hello ladies hope you are all well. Tiredness has definitely kicked in more for me too and it doesn't help im working nightshifts, I can't wait to go on maternity leave now haha. My bump has well and truelly popped too and it's really high, sometimes I feel the slightest of little jobs around the house I'm out of breath. I now feel the baby move every day and I can see her prodding me too it's lovely. I'm having lots of strechy pains and pulling pains they bloody hurt. I forgot how tiring carrying a tiny human is but I wouldn't have it any other way xxxx
  • Options
    Aww what a lovely bump @MUM2TB mine is getting there, but she is really low which is annoying as it’s making the bump less neat and tidy and more like a big fat role 🤣🤣🤣🤣 hoping she’ll move up soon! 

Also feeling tired this week. Nowhere near as tired as I was at the beginning, but the thought of getting up ... eurgh. Almost 24 weeks for me now! I just want it to be January!!! X
  • Options
    It is with an extremely heavy heart that I find myself sending this message ...

On Friday I found myself at the hospital with baby Mic wanting to come rather unexpectedly earlier than planned.

On Saturday, before being able to give birth her little heart stopped beating. She came in to the world with her fate already decided, and unfortunately that fate means we don’t have the pleasure of getting to know her. 

We named her Ava Ann Michie and will be laying her to rest in a couple of weeks. We are, of course, completely heartbroken at this unexpected turn of events. Hubby has been an absolute rock to me over the past couple of days and it makes me grateful for what we do have. 

It’s going to be a tough few weeks ... but we’ll make it through. 

I want to wish all of you the best if luck and all the love in the world with your pregnancies and future baby’s. But for now, I am once again signing out. 

Xx
  • Options
    Oh my god I'm so truly sorry for your devastating loss. I'm so heartbroken for you. 
    God bless your sweet little baby girl Ava xxxx
  • Options
    Awww @kmic I am so so so sorry I'm totally heartbroken for you this must be such a hard time for you I'm so glad your partner has been the support you have needed I feel completely shocked and scared this can happen so far on I will be thinking of you and your perfect little princess Ava massive hugs to you ❤ i know it will be hard getting through the next few weeks just take one day at a time xxxxx
  • Options
    KMic I am so so incredibly sorry for you. Words won’t express how much so and I know that they will never be enough. Just know that we are all thinking of you, your husband and your beautiful Ava.
    xo
  • Options
    @KMic I am so, so sorry to hear about your beautiful girl! Heartbroken for you 💔 I truly do not know what to say but just want you know we are all thinking of you xx You & your partner will need to be each other’s rock right now and I am pleased to hear he is supporting you well, you need it. Angel Ava 💗 xxx 
  • Options
    Oh my god @KMic I'm heartbroken for you I'm crying at your devastation I'm so so sorry. Rest in peace baby Ava. She was too good for this world and gained her wings far too early. I'm thinking of you and your husband, who by the sounds of it is an amazing support. I have no more words other than stay strong honey.  Love to you both 💞 xxxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions