Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Aww @lozzz how horrible for you I know how uncomfortable I am now without having that on top hope it's not to bad for you and like you say which ever delivery is the safest is best for you and baby 

@Geriatricmum I feel the same to I'd say the last week or two has just been so hard and I'm so ready for January feeling restless is major for me at the min it's not even just at night anymore it's most of the day too 🙄 I'm on countdown 

I'm back at midwife tomorrow just another check up but last week she sent my urine off because of back and belly pain I had the receptionist ring and say if your still getting symptoms to drop another sample in so god knows what happened to the last one as she didnt know 

Is everyone ready for Christmas I'm trying to focus on that as much as possible to make time go quicker 😂 xx
  • Options
    @Rainbowsunshine I've been exactly the same with back and pelvic pain i did have a uti and on antibiotics now and it seems to have eased off after day 3. It's horrible plus had the dreaded tummy bug that's rife at the minute so been really dehydrated and only now I'm slowly getting my appetite back this was 6 days ago.

Getting very uncomfortable at night now with heartburn and achey hips and a big bump that I cant get comfy with. Cant wait for january xx
  • Options
    I don't like to wish away time, but damned if I'm not wishing away December at this point 🤣 

Midwife appt went well today, baby girl has moved into a head down position, so let's hope she stays that way! Midwife wasn't too worried about the lung issue, she doesn't think it will affect labour in any way. So I think it will just add a little extra pain when I have to breathe in really deeply...but that's why drugs are available, right?! 

I hope everyone is able to get some relief from these pesky 3rd trimester problems soon x
  • Options
    Has anyone else felt their little one move position? Last night I felt a massive shift and since then he seems to be laying sideways. I’ve got an anterior high placenta so worried about possibility of abruption if they try an ECV. I know there’s still time for him to move back but I’m panicking! X
  • Options
    I felt loads of movements a while ago and I was convinced that my little one was all sorts of shapes, breech and transverse and everything but in the end he is still head down where he was the last time I was checked. All the movements in the world don’t necessarily match the position so try not to panic. Also, if you are concerned about an ECV you could refuse the procedure. I know that will leave you with a section delivery but might be safer than an attempted ecv followed by an emergency dash to theatre if it does by some chance abrupt. Chat to your consultant about it x
  • Options
    Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Options
    Never do something if your not comfortable try get all the info you need to but your mind at ease.

I know off topic but can ye remember what ye felt around 32 weeks??

I've a headache feel dizzy nausea and need to pee loads. Don't know if I'm coming down with something. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, well my doctor has signed me off until my maternity leave starts in 3 weeks (I’m currently 33 weeks) still got a small baby, anemic & sleep is awful! I work as a mental health nurse in a crisis team so it’s just not worth going back for the stress & 13 hour shifts!  We certainly all need to be taking care of ourselves and our babies these last few weeks. 
    Baby is still breech so I’m hoping he turns, I’ve heard the ECV’s are safe but uncomfortable, has anyone ever had one before? It’s reassuring to here about caesareans been better then they sound as I was quite worried but he will have to come out one way or another! 

@Crazykmom have you had your urine tested lately? Iron levels okay? I am certainly peeing more and I feel as though baby really presses on my bladder when I need to go!  It’s the shortness of breath getting to me at the minute. 

Not long to go ladies 💙💗 xx 
  • Options
    Thats great news @lozzz least you can still have a natural birth 

My placenta is also at the front @Geriatricmum I dont think I'd be having the ecv and probably wouldn't if my placenta wasnt ay the front either 

I've been midwife today and baby is now head down I actually had a feeling this had happened 2 days ago it wasnt so much feeling her turn it was that i haven't been feeling so uncomfortable the last 2 days and had alot more movements higher up my car had to go and have work done on that day i swear the walking must of done it i rarely walk anywhere 😂😂 I've got a consulant appointment in two weeks and one more midwife appointment the week after as the following two weeks I'd be 39 weeks and I'm having her the tuesday of that week eeekk the end is in site got to see the anethatist a week tomorrow apparently because of my bmi so dont know what thats to do suspose just to discuss what will happen on the day xxx
  • Options
    Just seen your comment @Long35 I was breech last week at 33 weeks and shes turned now so still time fingers crossed but yes c section is no way near as bad as it sounds its abit scary but I think the worst part is after just need to take it easy glad you've been signed off work and can relax and look forward to baby coming 

@Crazykmom I haven't had any headache or feeling dizzy but I have been feeling sick on off for last couple of weeks and just recently weeing alot more xxx
  • Options
    @Long35
    Yes just got bloods and urine checked on Wednesday. Waiting 
    On results. Urine was clear.
    Since my turned and bump drop my shortness of breath and heart burn are gone thank God. 
    My daughter is sick so I'm. Not sure  dont feel sick... Just sitting in couch and eyes are closing weird for me. 

I'm just parniod.. Every ache pain I'm googling which I shouldn't but don't think il make full term. 
  • Options
    I’ve been terrible for googling symptoms, I think we’re all guilty of it! 
    I am looking forward to having a glass of wine at Christmas, surely one can’t do any harm 🍷 😉 
  • Options
    Dr Google is the worst!! Cause all kinds of worries! One glass of vino at this stage won’t cause a fuss. My midwife told me when she went in to labour with her first, to distract herself she and her husband split a bottle of champagne and a bag of Revels and watched Friends re runs so I figure one glass is al good! 

I’m having a mare today! I’ve had a dental abscess for 2 weeks now. When I saw my dentist originally he told me the wisdom tooth that’s  infected needs extracting but being at the time only 6 weeks away from giving birth he was reluctant to do it. So he gave me amoxicillin and that was that. It settled for about 2 weeks but yesterday it returned with a vengeance. Different dentist today prescribed Metronidazole (which I was told by my own dentist I couldn’t have cause pregnant) I checked and checked with him that it was fine and he kept saying it was. Something just set alarm bells ringing in my head so I asked the pharmacist filling the script if it was safe and they said that they didn’t think so and I should speak to my doctor. After a load of back and forth my doctor,who is very good, said I should never have been prescribed it and gave me a new script for more amoxicillin! 
    Honestly felt a bit sick, if I had just listened to that guy I could have taken something that wasn’t safe for baby! I know it probably would have been ok but it still made me worry! So all tired and sore and grumpy today! 🙄 but I’m 35 + 4 today and working til 37 + 4 so only 2 weeks to go!! Yaaaaaaaay! 
  • Options
    Oh that's not on at all.. You should definitely get back in to that dentist and inform that of the whole situation. That's crazy but at least you didn't take them.
    Hopefully pain won't be too much for you and it be out before you know it. 

Werid one but any idea on how to deal with swollen lady parts down below. Never had it on first two.. Now very swollen and sharp pains every time I stand up :( 
  • Options
    I know, I’m going to speak to the dental practice tomorrow I think. 
    As for swollen bits, I have no experience of it but do you have an ice pack you could maybe use to cool down and numb a little bit? It’s likely to be just increased blood flow causing the swelling and baby’s head pressing on the pelvic nerves causing the stabbing pains. I get those too now. Late stage pregnancy is so uncomfortable! Roll on these little ones arriving in the world safe and sound!! 
  • Options
    Do get on to them.. Just incase it happens again I saw gp with my little girl a year back and prescribed be an adult prescription for her if it wasnt for chemist I would have seriously made her sick :( told the gp they apologized and thanked me for head up and he actually went and revised his perscripition list.
    Oh yes il try the ice pack.. Yeah roll on 8 weeks please... 
    And we have happy health babies in nw year x x 
  • Options
    I have awful swollen lady bits from 20 weeks it's been horrendous I bought a compression belt and it's been a life saver. Also ice packs help alot and feet up!
    It does make you feel sick knowing a professional prescribed you something you cant take whilst pregnant I always have a niggling doubt with things like this and always do my own research, mothers intuition definitely kicked in there for you xx
  • Options
    Yeah something just wasn’t right about the whole visit. He initially wanted to extract it and when I said I wasn’t comfortable with having the X-ray taken without some sort of lead apron to protect the baby he responded with “sure we have to do things we don’t want to do sometimes!” I’ll be glad to see my own dentist again I think! 
    Feet up seems like good advice for us all ladies! 
  • Options
    Wow that’s not good practice from a dentist, good job you got it sorted. Definitely want to stick with your own dentist from
    now on if you can. 

Well me and the hubby was meant to be having a ‘baby moon’ on Sunday in Leeds, booked the DoubleTree Hilton hotel but it’s just a bit much at the min and I’m not wanting to be too far from home recently so going out for a nice meal tomorrow night instead, hair booked for a blowdry. Can’t wait to feel a little bit normal! Xx 
  • Options
    Medicines are the worst when pregnant! I was prescribed Endone for my lung and everyone kept saying 'oh no you can't take that when pregnant', Google said not to take it whilst pregnant, blah blah. I spoke to my midwife and mentioned it and she was like 'it's fine...I wouldn't be taking more than 1 a day but the only thing it might do is make bubs a bit drowsy, which can lead to worry for you if there are less movements than normal'. The stress! Hope the pain eases up on you soon, Ninja!

@Long35 I remember with my first, my husband and I booked a night away at a fancy spa for our babymoon - expensive AF and pre-paid. Of course, I went into labour early on the morning we were meant to go, and they refused to give our money back 😔 

This time around, no night away but I love the idea of a nice meal out and a pamper sesh! My birthday is the 18th so I'm getting my hair done the day before, and I think I'll go get a mani-pedi just after Christmas as well. 😊
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions