Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2017 - Part 4

Replies

• Options

I've had the cold looming too. The cough is the worst, need to hold myself together to protect my pelvis and make sure I don't pee my pants.

I've got the midwife at 11 but hopefully it should just be a check over.

My son has taken to 6am starts over 7am so I'm a bit like a zombie and I've got to take him with me to the midwife so that's always stressful.

Been watching greys anatomy me this morning so my hormones must be up as I'm half crying lol.

• Options

What time is your gtt mummytoolley? They were running on time for mine and I think they even had me in a bit early for the second blood test so hopefully you won't be waiting around too long. I was surprised as you know what that waiting rooms like - normally running about an hour late!! 

• Options

Hope the gtt goes quickly mummytoolly! Have a good second to last day Lillian, bet you can't wait to be finished! 

I'm quite getting used to no alarm and waking Up at 7ish! Not going to like getting up for work again next week! 

• Options

You'll get a new alarm clock in a few weeks lol. I don't think I've had to set an alarm since he was born. 

Do they only do a gtt if you're measuring over? Or are there any other factors?

I really want to eat cheesecake for breakfast but I've had to settle with weetabix. I think if I can get my baba down for an early nap then after midwife going to get a treat from m&s...I've managed to stay out of there for weeks lol

• Options

Not sure katt. Mine was cos baby is big but there may be other symptoms of diabetes too. Hope you enjoy your m and s 😃

• Options

I no if your from certain ethnicities you have to have a gtt and also in nottingham if you have a high bmi before pregnancy you have one. My friend at work her baby was measuring really big round the belly at her 20 weeks scan and she had one and she's got gestational diabetes. 

Yes im so excited I think I would have had to Finnish earlier anyway becusee I'm really struggling to sleep Too I'm only getting about 4-5 hours a night 

• Options

I was just reading about the fasting...I don't envey that. My BMI was high before I was pregnant but from what I can see they take in ethnicity, family history and previous pregnancy as well. Hopefully all is ok and you can get a nice snack after.

The lack of sleep is a bitch...especially when people say oh you better get sleep while you can. I don't think I've had a full night sleep since May 2015 lol. I sleep better this pregnancy than I did the last one.

I keep looking at houses. We were planning on moving spring time next year but keeping my eyes open. The thought of moving though already stresses me out.

• Options

Morning ladies, hope your ok! mummytoolly  remember the gtt test well, fingers crossed it goes quickly for you. 

Move spent the last couple of days feeling really off! I just want to cry, I have a headache, little man has completely changed routine in movement. Can't sleep and last night had a horrible dull ache on my right side and would not go away 😞😞

• Options

Just finished ladies I'm starving felt so light headed and sick waiting for the second set of bloods to be taken. Now got to waddled home I've pretty much mastered the penguin walk lol. Hope your days are going well beautiful ladies xxx

• Options

Haha defo waddling myself 😂 Bless you make sure you have something nice for lunch ! Xxx 

• Options

Hi everyone!
    We were hoping you might come and help us out with this thread - 
    we're wondering, what with the heat, how are you pregnant ladies keeping cool? Please do come and let us know on this thread here. Thank you! 

• Options

Things not so great at the midwife today...

Protein and ketones in urine. BP was Ok so probably just dehydrated but if I get headaches with spots in my vision again I've to phone triage.

Although I'm on iron tablets but levels have dropped from 10.6 to 10.4 so who knows what they would be at if I wasn't on them. She thinks I may need to continue post natal. 

I'm 35+5 but now measuring 34. 

This is when things went wrong with my son so I've to come back next Wednesday for reassessment and if anything off she will book me a consultant appointment. 

Phoned my husband to let him know and hes so full of paranoia that he thinks I should be at the hospital. He doesn't get that monitoring is what they do and there isn't anything too wrong, I've just got some warning signs.

Went to m&s and got myself two bit's of cheesecake. Might only eat one but will wait until my son is in bed as I'm not sharing lol

• Options

Aww katt that's not good keep on the water machine ! when I'm at home I set a reminder ever three hours to drink water so I don't forget ! It's so hard when you are running around busy. 

least your husband is paying attention and showing concern  he defo should give up his cheesecake for you ! 

I had my iron checked and it's gone from 10.7 to 11.1 so not that much either goodness knows like you said what would happen if we didn't take them! i did read that you should take them with orange juice and not until two hours after or an hour before eggs/ tea and coffee including decafe and whole grains x

• Options

Hi everyone, we're just wondering, do any of you have placenta previa? If so, would you be able to help this member on her thread here please? 

• Options

Aww Katt thats worrying just keep pushing the fluids like Lillian said this hot weather is awful and running around after a toddler doesn't help. Enjoy your cheesecake :) 

I think ive just passed some of my mucus plug a large piece of what looked like thick chunky snot just came out should I be concerned? So hot going to take a nap lol 

• Options

Just got in From my scan... lady only measured what was needed and didn't even show me baby's face or anything like last time... apparently he's 5lb 2 already and his abdomen is measuring 2 and 1/2 weeks ahead so I'm really concerned being as I was meant to be having the scans because he'd be small and he is measuring above in everything

• Options

I think a lot of my problems stem from my sickness. If I'm sick I can't keep water down or absorb the iron.

I'm having terrible stomach cramps. Normally I would think I need the loo but every twinge makes me worry.

I know nothing should really happen for another 3 weeks minimum. Need to get the bag packed lol

• Options

Aww dizzy at least he's not tiny and they will keep an eye on you, makes you think what are they measuring then! 

Mummytoolly now I've had this yesterday and today might be tmi but it's abit like snotty stuff. I dont know weather its thrust or something else but I've had cream for external thrust but nothing for internal. 

all my app things say that babies born in the 35th week have almost the same survival rates so even if they come a little early I'm sure they will be fine ! X

• Options

Aww dizzy that's rubbish she sounds like a lazy sonographer 

June's birth group have started having their babies :) scary its us next 

• Options

I was in and out in 5 mins And she didnt know why I was there. thought it was gestational diabetes so that worries me even more that she thinks Me or baby is big. No more scans now so will mention it at midwife next week as im now more worried than before. 

Its slightly scary and exciting that even if we are all on time, it's only next month!