Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Yeah they’re not massive issues on my part but its Just the type of things that when you get home you worry that they didn’t pay attention to the complications the same as someone else did etc! I have only met my actual midwife once every other time it’s been a random midwife because mines away! All I want is a bit of consistency so that the person checking my cyst etc knows it from before and everything. It’s just weird, but baby is doing well so I just need to relax! 

Everythings been 10000 miles an hour for us the last few weeks and they aren’t slowing down any time soon, my partner has a start date for his new job and we have begun packing to move house!! But we have the Moses basket in our bedroom with a few bits and bobs in and seeing it every morning makes me so happy ❤️

• Options

I know what you mean Roo it is annoying I have had a different one in one occasion and it wasn’t the same but then I didn’t have to explain anything.

Aww we moved house in September and it was such a pain as my husband didn’t let me pick up anything but he did let me put it all away haha 😆 I hope it goes quick and smooth and try and relax, like my mum says the men are there for a reason make them work ! Haha 

Good luck to your partner in his new job!! X

• Options

Anyone else feeling majorly stretched and tender in the tummy? I feel like I'm not taking in enough air and I'm going to burst already! 😩 My hips and pelvis are in agony, I cant bend over at all today and cant walk. I'm full blown waddling already 🤔 Don't remember feeling like this until the final 3/4 weeks with my first. How are the two mels feeling? I know we're close in weeks. I'm 22+3 today and very uncomfortable  🙈 I can't really talk to anyone else about it because their response is "wait until you get even bigger", as we've previously discussed on here 🙄😐 very helpful people... NOT 🙃

• Options

Elexox i’m exactly the same. I feel like can’t take a deep breath and as for bending to lift things off the floor well there’s no chance. If it’s on the floor it no longer exists to me lol. At my scan on thurs night (22+5) baby was measuring 24 and weighing 1 and 1/2lb so looks like we‘re on course for a bruiser which scares the life outa me thinking about it! 😱🙈 23 weeks today! 17 to go and counting! 🙌🏼

• Options

Ahh mel sorry to hear you're having the same problems, although it's nice to hear I'm not alone! Gosh I wonder what my bubs weighs 🙈 totally with you on the dropping things. I even walked away from some paperwork I dropped the other day and actually said " bye" 👋🏼😂  it's difficult because I'm big time nesting, but can't do anything because I  either can't bend or can't breathe or both 😂🙄 Shaving my legs was a mission in the bath today, sorry if tmi lol! 

• Options

😂😂😂 I’m so with you there too, shaving my legs, putting on socks/shoes, absolute nightmare already!! Lol My hips are in agony too. My consultant said he can see this being a major problem for me if i’m like this already but there’s not much we can really do. He suggested going to the swimming pool so i’ve ordered a maternity swimming suit and will go next week. 

• Options

Morning Mel and Elexox 

omg you have cheered my day up already! I’m sorry you are feeling that way but like Elexox said I’m so glad I’m not alone, when my colleague came yesterday to take over from me there was 10 pens on the floor I kept dropping and there was no way I was going to bend to pick them up !! Swapping sides at night still hurts and I can feel my skin on my tummy pulling sometimes so hard I keep thinking it’s a bomb and going to explode any second... 

Hubby got to feel the first kick yesterday and it was a really hard one which I’m happy as he has been waiting weeks poor thing, of course this was during an argument as he didn’t bring me chocolate 😂 I think it’s safe to say he has learnt his lesson hahaha 

going to get a pedicure today as no chance of me doing it anymore... annoying really as it used to be my part time job and now I need to pay for it ! haha but it will cheer me up... although if I look straight down I can’t see my feet anymore... 😒 lol 

I am 22+3 today and can’t wait for the weeks to go now... I’m very impatient and can’t wait to meet my little man 💙

and as for people saying you wait till you get bigger .... i Think they must forget when they were pregnant or someone ! What idiots ... lol 

😊

• Options

Just thought I’d pop this photo in if my two kitties being protective of me this morning. Just for context they don’t normally sit this close to one another.

ladies I’m sorry it’s like that. It’s not nice to feel massive and having to just put up with it. im reading your comments and making notes so that I’m aware of what to expect next 😊 I’m 19+3 today. sleeping has become a little easier on my hips but still having to turn once in a while I also have the odd night where I can’t sleep much either which is not fun when you work full time and are expected to hit target at all times.  

ive been trying to go swimming once a week if not that then walking. Any kind of excercise just makes me tired at the moment. One thing I found with swimming was I couldn’t go to deep in to the water. Bump was being lifted and I felt that the muscle on my hips were being pulled quite hard so that Day I didn’t swim for long. 

Hope your all having a nice weekend 😊

• Options

Morning Mels 1&2 😂... Looks like we're all in the same boat then haha! 

Mel 1, yes shoes and socks are becoming increasingly difficult now. Swimming is brilliant for the aches and pains, you'll enjoy it as well because it doesn't really feel like exercise. Its also tightening my pelvic floor meaning i don't wake up to pee in the night much now. I didn't get up at all last night to pee 🎉👏🏼

Mel 2, the pen thing made me giggle! Yes the swapping sides is also a bit of a mare for me too. I think I overdone it with the housework yesterday as well. OH wasn't in and it wasn't going to do itself! I want to redecorate the kitchen and our bedroom desperately needs rearranging too but Im going to have to take a back seat and let someone else take the reins with those jobs I think. Enjoy your pedi! I'm impatient too 🙄 I just want to hold and cuddle my baby girl! 🤗 The weeks are creeping by though, I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible as OH doesn't want anymore but we'll see about that in another 5 years haha! 

• Options

Aww bless! MrsP nice picture 😊 I can’t go swimming as its too far away for me and hate buses so I would walk but it’s a 45 minute walk and that is too far + I walk all day everyday at work lol so that should do haha 

Elexox I know the feeling you want to do so much and you start and then think “this was a bad idea I’m gonna regret it tomorrow” ... I have a cleaner that comes once every 5 weeks and deep cleans my house like bathroom and corners and stuff so I don’t have to go on my knees and scrub! It’s just so much easier to pay someone else to do it haha 😂 

ohh you never know he might want some more after !! You said he was Spanish right? Where from? My husband is already thinking about Baby number 2 and this one isn’t even here yet!!! I said to him ”calm down my friend” it’s me that has to do the work he looked at me and said .... “ I know it’s brilliant” 😆 I did hate him that afternoon for a few hours hahaha 

Mel good luck with swimming 🏊 hope you enjoy it and it helps!!😊

hope you are all enjoying your weekend!! Xx

• Options

Morning every one. Sorry you're all feeling so uncomfortable :( I was really lucky last time and was still really mobile right up to having baby. Everything I needed at work was either up high or on the bottom shelf so I didn't have a choice haha. I've just had a big growth spurt with bump though so muscles are pretty sore and I'm thinking I might not be as lucky this time! 

Just got all my appointments through for the growth monitoring... 6 so far plus normal midwife appointments then they also want repeat glucose tolerance tests! It's going to be a nightmare sorting them all with work and childcare.

Enjoy your pedicure Mel! That was a bit of advice my friend gave me just after she gave birth...make sure you have a pedicure before due date as you stare at your toes when pushing so at least make them pretty haha! 

• Options

My huskies are being exactly the same as your cats. My male husky never really is affectionate but He gets up on the sofa and puts his head on my tummy and our female husky just loves me more than she did before haha! They lie by my feet and all sorts and follow me round the house! I love it 💋

i have experienced the tender tummy Too!!! But only at night time when I turned over. It was so so sore Like it was really stretched then I felt loads of kicks and it didn’t hurt anymore. He must have been getting comfy. I’m the same with the bending down at work too, if I drop anything it’s just none existant anymore 😂 but doing Okay really. 

Yesterday, I was resting a cup of milk on my belly As I was drinking it He kicked it TWICE!!!! Even got a video of it! It made me shed a happy tear! X

• Options

Hi everyone! Just catching up we been busy  wallpapering the baby room this weekend and have now caught The decorating bug and we are now half way through re-decorating the lounge!! We are crazy. Although I say ‘we’ I am currently sat on the sofa watching OH paint. I’m very lucky he loves to keep busy and loves to decorate so no persuading needed!!

sorry to hear a few of u are struggling to sleep but I am too so it’s nice to know. I just want to lie on my back!! I feel like I toss And turn all night and when I do my tummy is so heavy already. 

• Options

Baby‘s room so far 😊

• Options

I Know the feeling Kara if only we could just sleep on our backs it would make my life so much easier right now. 

babys room looks good so far love the wallpaper I have a similar colour scheme in mind also. You’ll have to snap us a shot when it’s all done 😊

were gonna start ours come the new year give time for xmas to be over and done with 

• Options

Mel2, the cleaner is a very good idea, especially in the heavier months. But my problem is I have a bit of OCD and am quite particular about the housework and how its done so will only end up redoing things my way lol Sigh! Yes he is, from the north west in Galicia 😀 Your OH is funny, so easy when you haven't got to do 280 days of pregnancy and push a baby out your Hoohar! 

Dinky ditto! I was absolutely fine with my first. None of this sciatica and pelvic gurdle pain rubbish. Oh well it won't last forever I guess! 

Roo, i love huskies. Such beautiful dogs 😍 My mum has a Hungarian Vizsla. She's very affectionate, but I've been having extra cuddles recently... she seems to address my tummy if it's in her eyeline! I'm deep down a dog person but have some how managed to own 2 cats 🤷🏻‍♀️ The cup of milk kicking sounds cool! You must have a strong little boy in there 💙

Wow Kara! Babys room looks lovely so far, nice wallpaper. I've got that carpet in my sons room 😊 Can't go wrong with a silvery grey! My OH is a scaffolder so comes home from work physically exhausted everyday. Persuading him to do anything is a mission in itself lol! To my surprise he wants to plan our baby shower so thatll be nice ❤️

Hope everyone had a good weekend! 💕

• Options

Aww I love that wallpaper, we’re going for a grey white and baby blue theme once we move! white furniture with grey and blue accessories :) haven’t decided on the walls yet but his new room has 2 alcoves so I think we will use the chimney breast as a feature for some wallpaper! So excited to start it ❤️ 

anyone else just want to spend the whole day in bed asleep? It’s my first day off since Wednesday last week and it’s 1.30 and I’m debating going for a nap! Is too much sleep bad for little one? or is being exhausted worse? just for future reference! 

• Options

Also has anyone else been having really really crazy vivid dreams? I woke up in the night from an awful nightmare that my partner left me and it seemed so real and I woke up and he was there snuggling me. I was boiling hot and had to get out of bed to cool down 😱 I didn’t wake him up as he has work all day but I told him when he woke up and he said to wake him next time! But I just feel stupid! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well. We were hoping you would come and tell us how many weeks pregnant you were, when you made your first baby purchase and what it was on this new thread. We'd love to hear from you 😊

• Options

Roo my tiredness isn’t too bad the moment thankfully, but even if I wanted to I can’t nap with a toddler! She is passed the Regular nap stage now. Enjoy it while u can thats what I say! 7am is a lie in for me these days! 

Thanks for the likes on the bedroom. We are off to IKEA at the weekend to buy the furniture. We are getting the same to match what my daughter already has. 

Nothing else to report here. 21 weeks today and baby has been so active today it’s been lovely 😊💙