Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Thanks Danielle, will post once we get settled at home :) totally different birth experience to what I had with Aiden!

We are still in hospital. We were all set for discharge from about 9:30 in the morning and were told we just needed Amelia's ultrasound done to check the fluid on her brain then we could go. About 6:30pm they finally said it wasn't being done today and we weren't allowed home until it was done! They now say they can't guarantee it will be done Friday either even though the consultant said it must be within 2 days of her arrival. Feeling pretty frustrated :( just want to get the scan done so we know what's happening and also get home and start family life as the 4 of us! Would also like to get home so I can take some paracetamol, I've had 1 lot of tablets since giving birth!! Ouch.

MrsP and chels I hope all these practice pains are getting you both headed in the right direction and it won't be much longer! 

Glad your bp is down now Kara! 

Tayto tell that little one to get a move on hehe! Hope there's a birth announcement soon :) 

• Options

Congratulations dinky! Amelia is a lovely name 🤗 Hope you manage to get home soon! Ask for pain relief hun, I made sure I was fully dosed up every 4 hours whilst still in hospital! 

Fingers crossed things are going ok for you tayto, can't wait to hear your little miss has arrived! 

Love reading the birth stories as well! Just posted mine 😁

• Options

I AM SO fed up today I have had enough. I would like to back to feeling like myself please!!! 😭😭😭😭

hows everyone else getting on? 

• Options

me Too MrsP I have come down with some sort of flu type illness and it’s really run me down physically and mentally. 

i wanted nothing more than the baby now until I fell poorly and now I’m hoping the baby doesn’t xome until I’m feeling better!! im so so emotional too  

Just feel like it’s never ending now 😴

• Options

AWW Chelse theres nothing worse than the flu. I do hope you feel better soon. 

My emotions are all over the place as well one moment I want to cry the next I’m anxious. Next I’m frustrated. 

I just want this baby to come along now.... I keep panicking over his movements which isn’t helping. Ive had about 5hours sleep (which sound like a lot but i used to get like 9-12hours) 

feel like crap too kind of like the start of my period. strange. Grrr enough all ready. 😒😞😔😟😣😖😩😫😤

• Options

Yes MrsP I feel exactly the same as you just ill on top of that!! 

My due date is 4 days away and every little niggle or pain I’m googling symptoms of labour lol I just don’t wanna wait any longer !! 

• Options

I DID That last night. I’ve been restless the last few nights, Googled that. Felt like I was leaking, googled that lol. 

Ive still got 20 days to go .... I really hope it’s not that long ... 

fingers crossed that you haven’t got long left either 🤞🏼

• Options

Aww chels and mrsp sorry you are both feeling Low. These last few weeks really are the longest aren’t they! The only complaint I have is some sciatica down my left bum cheek which is making walking harder. Thankfully it Hasn’t stopped me getting out and getting some shopping today. Its our 14yr anniversary this month plus my daughter has 3 parties To attend in March so I figured I needed to get out and get all the cards and presents today as I’ll be out of action after the c section on Tuesday.

MrsP I’m with you on the panicking about movements. I often wake in the night and panic that baby isn’t moving so I stay awake until he does. Problem is I’ve then worried myself awake and can’t get back to sleep once he moves!! I just want him here now and my body back too. Although I feel guilty feeling that as may never have another baby so i should enjoy it. Can’t win lol

Chin up ladies. X

• Options

We are home now. They eventually came round at 1pm today and said there isn't a radiologist trained to do Amelia's scan until next week! I'm so hurt and let down by the way they've treated us. Hubby is fuming but I'm just upset. The consultant said it had to be done within 1-2 days and now doctors are saying within a week is fine but have sent us home with a list of things to look out for and rush her back in if we spot any :(! We have to wait until next week to even be given an appointment.

• Options

Oh dinky that’s so frustrating!! I’m really sorry that you have to go through that x

• Options

Oh dinky how upsetting for you both! I hope you get an appointment through very soon! 

• Options

Morning ladies and happy mothers day!

I'm sorry I haven't been around, my waters are still leaking and we've chosen to wait rather than induction of labour as it's not favourable for previous sections. I'm now entering day 4 since PROM so my patience is really being tested!

I'm afraid I haven't had time to properly read all the previous replies and do personals so I've just read the most recent updates and wanted to to do a quick reply to each of you who are still on here!

Dinky - I'm so sorry to hear they are mucking you about with Amelia's scan. Do you or your hubby have bupa/private insurance? Maybe they could see you quicker? I have everything crossed that they'll see you soon and nothing untoward happens in the meantime. Easier said than done but try to enjoy these newborn days with your beautiful bundle. How has Aiden been? 

Kara - eekk, 2 days until new baby boy arrives! I hope the time flies by and all goes well with the section. And congrats on your 14 year anniversary, hubs and I will be 15 years together in May. Will you do something special for it? I can only imagine adding a new baby to the family is special enough! 😄 Is youy little lady ready for her new brothers arrival?

Chels & MrsP - sorry you're both feeling fed up! I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and remember you wont be pregnant forever. Do some fun stuff that might be more challenging when baby arrives - like a meal with hubby/friends, go shopping, have a massage, have bump art/henna. Or you could do some relaxing treatments that can help with bringing baby on - reflexology, acupuncture, chiropractic, osteopath, aromatherapy or homeopathy. Or go to new mum and baby groups and get that intoxicating scent of new babies - that might spur your own babies on plus is a great way to meet new mums.

Elexox - lovely to hear from you! How has your little lady been? How has feeding been working out? How has her big brother been with her presence? How old is he again?

I'm going to update our due date list and post it on the next post. We must be over half way done!

• Options

Mel314 - 3rd March - Boy; Donnchadh, 14th Feb, 7lbs 15ozs
    Elexox- 7th March - Girl; Isla, 24th Feb, 7lbs 7ozs, 
    Mel0204 - 8th March - Boy; Eliam, 27th Feb, 7lbs 1ozs
    Dinky11- 12th March - Girl; Amelia, 7th March, 8lbs 9oz
    Chelsdavis123 – 13th March - Boy;
    Roo2017 - 15th March - Boy;
    Samanthajanex – 16th March - Girl: Isabella, 4th March, 7lb7oz
    Kara5 - 19th March - Boy;
    tayto - 24th March - Girl; 
    MrsP13 - 29th March – Boy;

Hope I have everything correct! 5 babies born, we're half way there!

Roo was meant have had her section by the 9th, wawasn she? I do hope she and baby boy are ok. And her in laws aren't giving her grief xx

• Options

Ah tayto I hoped the next time I heard from you it would be with baby news!! Are you having to be checked regularly if your waters have broken? How long will they let you go as you are before they want to intervene?

Yes 2 more days for me. very excited now. My daughter hasn’t been fussed up til know but seems to have become more excited the closer we get. We’ve spent the morning looking at her new born pics with her to try and get hernto understand abit more and she really loves that 😍 Congrats on your 15 yrs  your hubby. I’m not sure what we will do to celebrate, I expect I’ll still be recovering so won’t want to go far.

Yes I’ve been thinking about Roo too. She’s gone very quiet. I hope all is ok with her and she has a gorgeous baby boy by now

Happy Mother’s day ladies. Hope you all get spoiled x

• Options

Anymore news on the baby front tayto??

or anyone else for that matter! 😅

hope everyone had a lovely mother’s day yesterday. I have the health visitor today finally 😊 xx

DUE DATE IS TOMORROW 💖💖

• Options

Morning ladies! How was mothers day? H didn't do anything as life has been on hold so he was really embarrassed! He did make me pancakes though!

Kara - yep, daily checks with midwives and doing 4 hourly obs myself. I've been told what to watch out for so I'm being super careful. Poor H had been drafted in to smell the pads to make sure they address "normal". I did not know amniotic fluid smells like sperm! 😝😷 We're working more on a signs basis rather than time so if something changes then we go to the hospital but, until then, we wait patiently! 

OMG, how is it tomorrow you're gonna have a new baby?! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your news! Did you get all the presents sorted that you wanted to do?

Chels - how are you doing now? No more news on the baby front for me! Happy due date for tomorrow, how bubba makes an appearance soon for you!

Hope everyone is well xx

• Options

Ah tayto must be so frustrating knowing you’re so close!!! 

im okay my bump has dropped even lower now to the point where it practically sits between my legs lol. If only due date meant exact date. Life would be 10x easier lol! 

im currently staying at my mums and my partner lives just over an hour away so we’re teying to get a plan together so that everything goes the way I want it to. We’re still waiting for an exact move in date as we’ve been told could be any time in the next 2 weeks. 

• Options

If I were you tayto I’d be super frustracted knowing baby is so close but not wanting to Move. Well done you for being so inderstanding. fingers crossed you won’t  have to wait much longer🤞🏼

Happy due date chelse. Moving can be so stressful. Bet it doesn’t help that bub can arrive any day now. I was reading last night about due dates, as I’m getting really fed put now, and it appears that the majority of women have there babies by weeks 42 so there is not much longer for you to wait now mel

afm, babys movements became a massive concern on Friday. I didn’t feel him for quite some time so went in for ob. As it was the second time the recommended we go in over the weekend also. We only went in on Saturday and I felt happy with his movements. But he is still on the quite side not so active as he usually is. But we have a scan booked in For 4pm today so I will be mentioning it to them. Also first consultant appointment as they finally decided on who I would be lead by. Bub has very much so dropped for me I have a shelf when sat Lol. 

Cant wait to meet this little guy. 

Hope all the mummies has a lovely day with the babies yesterday and that everyone else enjoyed there day as well 😊😊

• Options

Morning tayto! Lovely mother’s day thank you. I got some makeup I was low on and we spent the day at the farm and out for lunch. It was quite a sad day as I realised it was the last full day my daughter would have me all to herself (she’s at nursery today) before her brother arrives. It’s funny how knowing when ur baby is arriving makes you think like that! 

Tayto I can’t believe you still have no baby. You sound a lot more patient than me 👍🏻 will it get to a point where they will have to intervene because the fluid is too low? 

MrsP it’s horrid when their movements slow down isnt it! Good luck for tour scan today. Keep us posted

Happy due date for tomorrow Chels and I hope you get a move in date soon 😊 enjoy being looked after by your mum in the mean time lol

so with DD at nursery today and OH starting paternity leave today we have had a spring clean. I’ve moved the nursery about as changed My mind about where to have things and I’ve repacked my hospital bag several times 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s the strangest feeling knowing we will have a baby tomorrow (unless they cancel but that’s quite rare I hear). I’m not nervous at all yet but have a feeling I’ll be quite emotional in the morning 😬 I’ll be sure to keep you all posted 

• Options

Happy due date Chelsdavis123, we hope you're alright today?