Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Afternoon ladies! How is everyone?

Sorry Danielle - no news from me yet! How this pay didn't get you excited! 😃

I'll leave roo alone, I'm sure she'll come back to us if she wants - I wouldn't want to be bothering her during this lovely newborn stage.  

MrsP - surges are just another way to describe contractions. We covered it in our hypnobirthing course - the idea is it's a softer word so not associated with pain or tension/fear. How's the baby blanket coming along? Try to relax as best you can, nesting can be a sign but it never worked for me! Just chill and enjoy the single adult days until baby comes along xxx

Kara - that's fab you're home already! Really glad you've had such a positive experience - will you be sharing your birth story on here? That's amazing that Jude is so chilled - he obviously enjoyed his experience getting here too! How has your daughter been with him? I bet she can't stop giving him cuddles!

AFM - nothing much going on here. Still waiting it out; I feel well in myself and baby is good too so we're not concerned yet. I'm having daily midwife visits so gong to discuss with them later when we should think about getting another check at the hospital. 

Hope all the news babies are doing well and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone again on our babies thread when they've all got here!

• Options

Your right tayto surgges does sound a better word. My loom arrived this morning so I’m still getting used to it but once I’m finished I’ll post a pic😊

lots of pressure in my hips and a hard tummy as well. Had some wierd pain in left side of my lower back throughout the night but I think it’s baby leaving on my bladder. Who knows. 

But now baby for me either yet Danielle. 

Glad midwife Ian keeping an eye on you tayto. Do you have any plans of action for baby at this point???

how you doing chels? 

• Options

just had midwife appointment and she tried to do a sweep but I was in too much pain so had to tell her to stop. Bit disappointed in myself ☹️

So I have another booked in for next Tuesday and then my actual induction in hospital is booked for next Friday if nothing has happened by then. 

Midwife did say however that my cervix is nice and soft so could go at any time now anyway. Just want to meet my little boy now ☹️

• Options

Oh I forgot to ask how Chels was doing! Hope she's well!

Looking forward to seeing a pic MrsP! Hard tummy can be contractions just gentle ones - as long as it's not constantly hard, it's fine. Lower back pain is a good sign too - I reckon he's getting ready!

No plans of action yet - I want to avoid intervention as much as possible but only if both baby and I are well. We are still getting the living room sorted for the home birth so, to be honest, probably best she hasn't got here yet! I'm estimating it'll be a few days yet!

• Options

Cross posted with you Chels! I've heard sweeps can be notoriously painful and not of much good anyway so I've chosen to never have them. It does sound like your cervix is getting ready anyway so everything crossed that you won't need the sweep/induction next week. You could try acupuncture if you wanted baby out? It's a more gentle way to encourage baby......

• Options

GOOd for you tayto so many ladies don’t think of the other options avilable to them. 

Aww chels nothing worse than being in pain. I heard that sweeps can be nasty. Let’s gope baby makes a move before the next one. Soft cirvix is a great sign. 

I hope this little one does soon too. I’m not sure if things are heading in the right direction today to be honest in the last hour my tummy has got really hard 3 times along with backache 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼Probably being to hopefull lol 

• Options

Thought you ladies might like this one:

Every time someone WhatsApps me, I reply with that! 

• Options

I know it’s awful I’ve never felt so uncomfortable in my life 😞 but I feel really disappointed in myself for not just putting up with it and wimping out. Oh well. 

HoWever things are moving forward quickly already as I’ve just lost some of plug already since my appointment! So what she done must have been of some help!! 

really hope things get moving for you both as well waiting is getting so tedious now 😩😂

• Options

Do not feel disappointed with yourself Chels, I honestly believe it was painful because it wasn't going to work. I know the waiting is annoying but you won't be pregnant forever, he will come soon, I promise! Go for a nice long walk somewhere scenic and listen to some relaxing music via earphones - it will be a lovely way to get yourself ready for his birth.

• Options

ANY OF YOU Ladies had slow labour??

ive just been speaking with my mum and explained about the pain I had all night on the left hand side of my lower back,(I’m convinced there is possibly some sort of infection as as soon as I pee his face gos away-but it might be s I’m getting up) that I’ve been feeling nauseous on and off all day and how ive Been getting loads of tightening at the top of my tummy. Plus the urge to poop but nothings there when i sit on the loo. Mum thinks I might hit be in slow labour. But I’m not sure. I have a feeling something is happening as I’ve never had so many tightening in one day from bub. 

i feel like I Wana call the Antinatal ward for somebody advice but Mum thinks it’s not needed.   

What do you guys think??

• Options

Yeah tayto I think I agree with you to be honest but everyone was telling me to do it I just felt a bit pressured and now highly regret it lol. i did go for a long walk along the beach which was so lovely but had to go home as was getting cramps and back pain etc. 

Mrsp did you call? I had a feeling I was in slow labour the other day but it all disappeared the next day however if you really feel like you should call then do it. They’re the people that know best and they’re there to speak to you x

• Options

I LEFT it i walked to Asda picked up some shopping and sat for some food and everything seemed to have settled. But if the back pain still persist tonight then I will call. 

Well see what happenes.

aound things are kicking off for you chels fingers crossed it won’t  be much longer for you 😊

• Options

I agree with Chels, give them a call MrsP. That's what they are there for. Now, if you feel well and there's no colour in your discharge or other markers of being unwell, they might just tell you to take a bath and relax. But, call them anyway, they would prefer you called them all the same xx

• Options

THANKS tayto 😊 

• Options

MrsP they always say just to call if you need to so it wouldn't do any harm. I thought I was in slow labour a few weeks ago and rang them but it all disappeared. They just said pretty much what tayto said but still wasn't a wasted call. 

Chels glad it sounds like something is happening. My sweep was ok and actually worked about 30 hours later but it was my second pregnancy so cervix was more favourable and they are more successful if you've had a previous vaginal birth. Fingers crossed you won't need that second attempt but you could always refuse it if you wanted. 

Afm we finally got Amelia's scan today!! After contacting PALS for advice we got some more info and managed to track down the people we needed and they called us straight in. We still need a consultant appointment to discuss results and next steps but the guy doing the scan told us everything looks perfectly formed and no other problems. The fluid is just on the upper range of normal still but he wasn't concerned. 

• Options

Ahhh dinky, that's fantastic news! 

• Options

Dinkey that’s fab news. I bet that’s a weight off your mind. 

i phoned Antinatal after and they don’t feel it’s anything to worry about they offered to dip my urine but I don’t think there’s much point as its always come back negative even when an infection has shown up so well just have to deal with it till he’s here 🙃

• Options

MrsP - would it be worth contacting a physio/chiro/reflexologist or an acupuncturist to see if they can help with the discomfort? Or maybe find a good pregnancy masseuse to give you a decent massage?

• Options

I’d love to do something like that but I have a funny feeling that he might be here before pay day in the 23rd (well I’m hopeing so anyway) lol 

ill Take a look to see what I can find ready in case he does go over 

• Options

I find the chiro great; she helped relieve some discomfort in my back and I'm convinced she helped baby drop closer to the pelvis. Everyone commented how much lower it was after I'd seen her.