Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hey Bet. Yes my lil one too is measuring two weeks ahead. My csection is scheduled at the first day of my 39th week. Its better not to wait longer cuz this is my third pregnancy and with my second csection i had an emergency at 36th week cuz of the thinning of the lower uterine wall around the scar. As of now my scar also looking good so hopefully i can wait until the baby gains more weight.

• Options

Looks like most people are having a rough time these last few weeks! Hopefully things start smoothing out for you all! 

I'm 37 weeks today, got a midwifes appointment tomorrow so hopefully it will go well! Last app she was 3/5th engaged so hopefully she's further down this time! 

• Options

imageboth my boys eagerly waiting for thier baby sis (",)

• Options

Your boys are beautiful Sadiaomar :)

All went well with the midwife, she said not to worry about the 'show' and to just ring triage if I get any pains or my waters go. Just obvious advice really. She said it doesn't necessarily mean I'll be going in to labour early, but to just take it easy and keep my notes with me if I go out anywhere x

• Options

Aww shellington :( spd is the worse I don't no if your the same but now with me even taking it easy isnt helping ease the pain?? And I wake in the night in agony on whatever side ive been lying on. 

Yes we're all ok thankyou bet124 some silly driver that didn't no what lane he wanted to be in as we were going passed him he swerved into our drivers side back door where my son was sitting no one was hurt just shook us up a bit. 

Sadiamor your boys are adorable is this your first girl??? 

back at the hospital today fingers crossed for A good blood pressure and I can get out of there nice and early xxx

• Options

Shellington thanks.

Chamilto  yes.. this will be my first girl. I am from India and here sex determination is illegal so i flew out to Srilanka to find out and they said its a girl at 17weeks. Im jus hoping that it hasnt changed since then but during every scan i always check between the legs to see if theres anything sticking out and thankfully there never is. I sometimes have nightmares about having another boy instead. Scary!!.

Btw ladies im 33weeks.. its fine to fly for 1.5hrs at this stage right 

• Options

Sadiamor I think the flying depends on your health they probably wouldn't let me as at high risk for blood clots and I have high blood pressure but if your nice and healthy I don't think there is a problem. 

i didn't realise that it was illegal in india! I'm sure who told you it is a girl knew what thet were talking about I was hoping for a girl this time and at 20 weeks scan they said weren't sure but thought it was a boy and I just knew they were right after saying it possibly is  . Were not going to find out with baby after this one so I don't get disappointed if they say boy as im sure when I found out while holding the baby I won't care xx 

• Options

Hi lovely May ladies, we hope you're doing well! Tick tock, tick tock! Almost May....
    We know some of you have older children, so we were wondering, do they use a comforter in bed? And did you have a comforter too? Please do come and let us know over here.

• Options

Sounds like everyone measuring quite big.

I had my 34 week appointment and uterus is only measuring 31cm although they are not concerned as she still following the graph. Also she is 4/5ths engaged now. Hopefully not long now.

Anyone had health visitor visit them yet? I have her coming Monday and with us moving into our first house everything is in boxes... 

• Options

Hello lovely ladies, just arrived back home after spending a few days away with my parents on the Isle of Wight. Feeling really relaxed but OMG. Nathan my fiance stayed at home and he has blitzed the house. He's set up the nursery,  done a major clean in our room and tidied downstairs. I am one lucky lady. I am so happy to be back home and to come home to that surprise is amazing. Yes I did cry(alot).

Hope everything is going well with everyone. Only 3 weeks left for me :s

• Options

Abigail- I don't think I get to meet the health visitor until after birth. But I'm hoping I do see her even if it's the once just to get used to her and know who she is, I don't like having someone I havnt met before turn up at the house lol, hope it went well with you xxx

Kitcat that is so nice of him!!! You can enjoy your final 3 weeks now and keep relaxed until little ones here. It's crazy to think how long it's been and how she could be here any time now :) xxx

• Options

Abigail I had a HV visit a month ago I thought they were just coming to be nosy lol but she was very nice didnt stay long gavee the red book and lots of leaflets. 

Kitcat you can send him to my house if you want lol I don't no about anyone else but I have zero energy the last week or so I could just sleep all day long really need to have a good clean of the house but just walking im in pain now I think his head is right down low I feel like I've been kicked right in the pubic bone! 

Xx

• Options

I've never heard of the HV coming before the birth. Wonder if it's just due to living in different areas? I never met my daughters until after she was born and I'm guessing I won't meet this one until after the birth too. I can't wait to start seeing pics of everyone's arrivals! not long now ladies, we can do it! :) xx

• Options

So I started passing blood clots small but scared me and just spotted afterwards so I went to the Doctor and I he said I lost my mucus plug and I'm 3cm dialated but still no comtra

• Options

Still no contractions and got sent home but he moved my induction date to Wednesday so only 5 1\2 days left!! 

Counting the days!!!

Sorry for the double post I hit reply button to soon by accident and idk how to edit or delete my post! 

• Options

Wow, can he come rub some of his magic off on my boyfriend? We get keys to our house next week haha!

& yeah, am from Yorkshire, Doncaster. She coming out Monday. I'll be 35 week. 

Please keep us updated 3tnboys on everything, must be pretty scary!x

• Options

ShellingRon I never had any one come out before my son was born but apprently they have more staff now so there able to get round everyone more. 

Ooo very exciting 3tnboys!! keeping fingers crossed for you and you might even go into labour before then xx 

• Options

3tnboys only 5 days to go!!! Wish you all the best if we don't here off you before then :)!!! Fingeres crossed for you!! 

I'm from Wales and the health visitor doesn't come to see me before birth (as far as I know) allthough would be nice to see them and get used to them before the little one arrives! 

I'm seeing another consultant Tuesday for "second opinion" wether a c section would be better due to my rib pain/high pulse/unsteady breathing(I can't take deep breaths due to the pain)  . Or would I need to be induced before my 39th week. 

Hope everyone's doing well xxx

• Options

Has anyone ever had an epidural or considering one? I really cant decide - i want my baby in a birth unit as it seems less clinical. But really think i Will want an epidural. In which case, might I be better off just going straight to the delivery suite?!. 

• Options

Coxy1985 

I'm having my baby in a birth unit in our coomunity hospital....I have been prescribed meptid which is like pethidine which is in my bag to take with me to the unit where they can administer it. Our unit has a pool, tens machine, a big bath, massage chair etc. I've been risk assessed and I'm on the list for my birth to be done here. We went through all the reasons for transfer and if I want an epidural then they will transfer me by ambulance to the hospital, and the labour ward will be contacted while we our on our way so I could have an epidural when I get there. I know my sister wanted an epi but by the time she asked it was too late and she was so glad afterwards that she didn't have it. My plan is the birth centre will help me to avoid it unless i really can't cope!