Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

That was my original thought - start at the birth unit and move to delivery suite if I can't cope. But the more I think about my pain threshold (non existent) and hear about how perusasive the midwives will be to avoid epidural, I wonder if I just go straight to be hospital. 

we have our birth unit tour on Monday so I will ask them then what's best if I think I'll want an epidural. my friend from NCT said they told her that if That's what she wanted not to bother coming to the birth unit !! 

but it's hard to know how you'll cope as I've not experienced the pain before and don't know!!!

• Options

Thats the same with me as a first time mum, but I'm sure if you were in the birth unit and wanted the epidural and kicked up enough fuss they would transfer you! It's there job to do what you feel is best for your body at the end of the day x

• Options

Hi ladies, I am delighted to say that baby Maggie was born a little early at 4pm on Friday, weighing 7lb 11.5oz. My husband and I are totally smitten! I asked to be transferred to a small hospital near where I live - they are midwife-led and are helping me with feeding/getting to grips with being a mum. Will post a pic when I work out how!! X

• Options

Massive congratulations Espee! Welcome to the most amazing roller coaster of a journey called motherhood! What a good weight for an early babba. Hope you're both well xx

• Options

congrats espee!! Amazing news, hope all went well for you and looking forward to a pic! 

stephielou I agree - just don't want it to be a major battle!! I'll see what they say tomorrow.

• Options

Massive congratulations Espee!! Oh my goodness how exciting the first of our due in May babies is here!!!! really hits home it could be anytime xx

• Options

Congratulations Estee. Wow 1st one on our group to be born. Getting nervous now! 

• Options

Congratulations :) you must be so happy! Good luck with your new mummy life :)

• Options

Beautiful name esspee !! Big congratulations to you both !! Hope you and the little one are doing good!! Exiting times ahead :) xx

Notlong now ladies xx

• Options

Congratulations Espee I'll be right behind you as I'm scheduled to be induced on Wed! So 3 more days!! Yikes it's so surreal!

• Options

Congratulations espee! Beautiful name and weight for your little girl. 

Can't wait to see a photo and that also means not long left for everyone else. 

• Options

Just been to pick up our baby rocker/bouncer, the last thing needed to get. 

I have an appointment in an hour to see would I need to be induced at 39 week or a caserean at 39 week. Which would be the 7th may! Meaning only this weekend we have without our little Emellia Rose 😍 well see what the outcome will be :)

Hope everyone's doing well :) xxx

• Options

I seen the midwife yesterday and they have referred me for a growth scan as I've dropped quite a bit below the average growth line now. My supposed 'emergency' apt, is for the week before I'm due which seems a little pointless. They may want to induce me at 39 weeks depending on the scan results. Just more worry before she arrives 😡 Just want her here safely now so I can relax a little xx

• Options

Midwife at 2.15 the thought of going and having high bp is getting me down getting so sick of being sent up the hospital as soon as I get there my bp settles down but I end up being there hours makes me not want to go see midwife! 

• Options

And surprise surprise blood pressure 176/96 back to the hospital I go 😭😭😭😭😭

• Options

Oh no Chamilto. Hope everything goes ok. Sending hugs x

• Options

Thanks kitcat bp settled down while at hospital so sent home until next time!! I just expect il be sent up there now x 

• Options

3tnboys hows everything. Has the baby arrived yet

• Options

Midwife appointment today at 38+3. Everything looks good and babies head is starting to engage(4/5). She doesn't think that our little girl will be early. So next appointment is 40+3 and then sweep if needed at 40+7

• Options

Not long left for you not kitcat I see my consultant on tiesday excited to see how big he's got in there. 

Woke up with a poorly tummy today really hope it's not the big clear out they say you have before labour lol my husband has gone off to London for the rugby and my nephews birthday party today then my sons birthday party tomorrow so we dont have time to fitt in giving birth this weekend!!!

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday xxx