Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @Trying4number2now that is exactly the answer I wanted! Thank you!!
  • Options
    @PaulaLarr your welcome hunni I know its difficult when you feel them sometimes but then go days without its frustrating 🙄 i had a few really good days and thought this is it then nothing for days no pattern at all xxx
  • Options
    This is me at 23+2 😊
    I actually think I had braxton hicks at about 21wks, I was in bed and woke up because my lower back was aching and my belly felt really tight. It lasted for a minute or two and then just stopped. 
  • Options
    I haven’t had any Braxton Hicks but I never had any with my son either. I actually didn’t have contractions I could feel until 1-2 hours after my water broke, then the contractions went off the charts after 2 hours 😂 luckily I only had a 4 hour labor so fingers crossed for the same
  • Options
    I was induced and as soon as they broke my waters instantly I was in agony all in my legs and it never gave up it just got worse .. but my son was terribly stuck And I needed a c section and I think that’s why I was in so much pain 
  • Options
    I have the consultant Monday to discuss my ipc/oc diagonisos and discuss what that means for us... there was a program on bbc last night called trust me I’m a doctor that spoke about IPC/OC it was the last 5 mins just raising awareness of the condition and it’s symptoms and explaining it can lead to still births.... I’m glad really because it’s a very much unknown condition but extremely scary when you get that diagnosis.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss @mrsburns xxx
  • Options
    Just been catching up on the messages. I’ve had my whooping cough jab today. I’m full of cold (again) and feel really rubbish. It’s so much worse when you can’t have any cold and flu stuff. My little boy has been really snotty and then this morning woke up with conjunctivitis so we’ve had a trip to the chemist! I’m hoping he has a decent nap after his dinner so I can have one myself! Bump pictures all look so good! I haven’t taken one for a while. X 
  • Options
    Lillian2410 - good luck with your appointment. I would be interested in what they tell you. My consultant was very easy about it: just look out for any itchiness and if you suspect anything come back for tests... I found an interesting page: https://icpcare.org/what-is-icp/overview/ the also have a FB community, however, I am not sure if reading a lot of stories from serious cases is going to help and stay calm ;-) I am currently on a 90% vegan/10% vegetarian diet and also looking at cutting fatty stuff within them as the weeks go by. As far as I understand if I am to get I will get it, just perhaps later. Do you have any new insights?
  • Options
    So today took a bloody long time 😂 but all the girly stuff has gone! And iv swapped it for boys stuff, one thing I have noticed you get so much more for your money with girls stuff! Girls stuff I had loads... Havnt even got half as much for the money with boys stuff! Never mind iv got some absolutely beautiful stuff for him 💙 iv got a few bits they wouldn't let me swap in tk max as without a receipt they refused to do anything! The only very unhelpful shop everywhere else was fine with a swap! So the tk max stuff is on ebay 😂 x

I was supposed to have my jabs yesterday but they said they wouldn't do them for me because I'm not well, I'm so sick atm it's horrible :( so re booked them for few weeks time as they were booked up! X

Absolutely loving all the bump pics don't think iv changed much since the last pic I put up x

I'm planning on breast feeding but didn't work out last time so not holding my breath and iv baught some avent bottles, I highly recommend them, if anybody still needs some bottles the avent ones  are £7.50 for 2 in the baby avent at tesco :) they have pink/blue or clear ones I had the pink ones but just swapped them for clear ones as they ran out of blue in my shop xx
  • Options
    I product tested some avent bottle with my boy and ended up switching to them after 9 months of using dr browns ... I would highly recommend both of them but for some reason I’ve brought mam ones this time .. I still have all my dr browns so if baby has colic I will use them but I like the self sterilising nature of the mam ones ... I plan on breast feeding also 
  • Options
    I had the mam bottles last time, the anti colic ones, I agree @Lillian2410 they are very good. I plan to breastfeed but I had a few supply issues last time and ended up combination feeding so I’m prepared for that again x
  • Options
    @mrsburns I am so, so sorry for your loss. Stay strong, sending you the biggest hug ever.
  • Options
    Iv never tried the Dr browns or mam but if little man doesn't take to the avent ones I will keep them in mind, iv heard good things about mam but got to say iv never heard about Dr browns I will look them up :)... Iv only tried avent and Tommee tippee ones... I HATE tommee tippee they kept breaking and splitting, difficult to put back together they leaked and my son didn't take to them very well that's why I changed 3/4 of them broke and I only used them for about 2 weeks as son wasn't liking them, only went for them as they are so well known I Thaught they would be good! Xx
  • Options
    Dr browns options bottles are one of the best bottles out there with a very large price tag ... but for one good reason they are exceptional for preventing colic .. they are a nightmare cuz they leak and are really fiddly to clean but if you had a baby with colic they will stop it the colic... Ollie my son didn’t have colic but suffered with a heart condition at birth so we went for those bottle because we didn’t want him getting anything else wrong with him as he was already poorly 
  • Options
    I just have to vent. Had an appointment today (23 weeks) and saw a new doctor who commented on my weight gain saying I need to watch my portions 😔 I know I’ve been gaining faster than with my son, even though I still don’t have a very visible bump. Just made me sad and made me feel bad. Before getting pregnant, I was counting calories (1200) and doing high intensity workouts. I lost 25 lbs by May and got pregnant in August, so had to eat more than 1200 calories and didn’t feel comfortable doing high intensity workouts while pregnant, so I knew I would pack on some weight just from that. Just bummed me out how judgmental she said it. Also, I get weighed fully clothed and after lunch. I’ve been weighing myself at home in the morning and undressed and I’m 6 lbs less than the doctors scale. I know I will gain obviously, but she made me feel so low about it. Ugh. Sorry for the rant!
  • Options
    @Lillian2410 that's good to know! Will definitely keep them in mind! Never kmow Might end up needing them, the dreaded collic! My son didn't have it, hoping his little man won't either 🤞🏻 xx

@Rachel.a21 she probably didn't mean to sound the way she did, if she's alot of woman in a day she probably just says it flippantly, not that I'm sticking up for her she should watch how she says things really id just let it go over your head, you look fantastic! And your pregnant! Wouldn't worry at all, she's a Dr she has to say all this coz she has to stick to the guide line, I mean maybe on her chart and in the books your gaining weight faster than what's considered "normal" but that's OK your body's doing what it needs to do to grow your human :) I'd ignore it, never know maybe she was just well jelly coz you look fab... She can dish out the disses but wasn't her butt on the scale was it 😂 bet she wasn't perfect...dont let it get you down :) xx
  • Options
    @jhunek sorry I didn’t see your reply ... unfortunately I’ve had a bile acid of 15 so I have been diagonised with IPc/OC again ... I’m part of those Facebook groups too and I know and have seen some of the heart breaking stories it’s just so unknown ... my itching is mild it’s actually worse in the evenings not at night. I am vegiterian and I have asked about the fat thing and it does say sat fats might be a trigger but like you said if your going to get it you’ll get it. I was diagnosed at 18 weeks when I wasn’t really eating much due to sickness 
  • Options

Just taken some bump pics just to see if there was any change think it's pretty much the same but I was rounder right under my boobs and it's a little less now, is anybodys tummy really dry and itchy? Iv been putting moisturer on but I have to be coverd in it all the time or its just itchy again x 
  • Options
    @Rebecca1992 Thank you. I totally get what you mean. I know they have to follow guidelines and I also wonder if she was comparing to my weight gain with my son because she had all that info pulled up. Plus, we just got through the holidays lol I came home and undressed and weighed myself and I was 4 lbs less, so it made me feel a little better 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions