Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Its stressing me out as its a lovely cot. I also know whatever i buy wont be an exact match but i thought it would be closer than it is in colour. But other cots are also alot more expensive so feel we should just stick with it. I know most of what i need now i could just do a big Amazon order but i still feel overwhelmed haha. Im 34 + 3 days so will be having a section at 39 weeks roughly so i have about 5 weeks left. His nursery is also still not decorated which is stressing me out haha my hubby is a Decorator so we are always at the end of the list to be done and hes soo busy atm i feel like i cant nag him too much. So much to do so little time in a way as much as i want shops to open selfishly i hope Boris delays it so i dont have to go back to work 😂😫 the thought of massaging and all that now with a big belly fills me with dread xx
  • Options
    @Buttercupmummy if he does allow things to open when will you take maternity leave?xx
  • Options
    My maternity leave starts on the 24th April so ill literally be in work for 2 weeks just feels so pointless haha but needs must i guess. I cant complain ive been off long enough 🙈😂
  • Options
    @Buttercupmummy hahaha i feel that! Ive been furloughed since January, theyve extended it until i take my holidays/maternity so im now not back at work til March next year!xx
  • Options
    Oh that sounds amazing haha on one hand though it will be nice to catch up with all the girls and clients before my little one arrives 😍😍
  • Options
    Hey girls...
    I'm 34+6 today so finishing week 35 tomorrow 
    I am getting really strong braxton hicks contractions and really frequent too !!! Sometimes I get period pain with them too. Has anyone else been experiencing them so much and so strong at this stage ??? Just wondering 😊😊🌞
  • Options
    @Benka96 I’ve been getting quite a few braxton hicks and I’ve been getting period pains and back pain ! It’s been scaring me 🤣 feel like really early contractions I’ll have a few then they  go xx 
  • Options
    Has anyone’s bump dropped? I’m getting nervous as I think I’ve dropped and she was 3/5 engaged this week 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options

• Options
    @BethO how far are you? Im rubbish at knowing when bumps have dropped so im no help sorry🙈 but i feel like im quite a low carrier anyway so i dont know if my bump will drop xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean exactly the same as @Buttercupmummy so only 34+3 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have been finding it easier to get in and out of bed the last few days but also the last few days have been harder to put shoes on and I have waddled and wee’d more 
  • Options
    Yeah @BethO ive had a few people say my bump has dropped i also got told last night i looked like a beach whale 🙄😳 charming haha i definitely struggle getting shoes on and bending down to pick anything up off the floor xx
  • Options
    Yep I feel like mine dropped a bit too as I wee much more ,more pressure down below and easier breathing yay....🙈🤣🤣
    I was told she's head down but I can still feel she's moving to a transverse position at times as can't feel her  down there sometimes.....I do hope she turns properly when it's time though as it keeps me nervous...
  • Options
    Ive got a very wriggly boy today he keeps kicking me right under my ribs 🙈 cant believe how quick its all going now! Getting nervous for my section just dont know what to expect xx
  • Options
    @Buttercupmummy aww bless you hun , I scared to have a c section like an emergency one or something ,  that's why I hope she turns as for now she's still flipping around once she's head down the next minute she's not 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @Benka96 I'm getting Braxton Hicks about 5-6 times a day. I breathe through them, using the breathing I'll use during labour and it helps with them not feeling as intense. If I don't breathe through them they feel a lot more powerful and uncomfortable.

I've been told a few times this week that my bump looks like it's dropped as well, but if I clench my stomach muscles it goes back up again 🙈😆

On a local forum, people were talking about their babies having hiccups, and it being something to do with the umbilical cord. I've never heard of that and it's got me a bit worried. This baby gets hiccups about 2-3 times a day some days. My son had them all the time when I was pregnant with him.

Has anyone else heard about it being something to do with the umbilical cord and that they should get checked out? X
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 oh really I’ve never heard this before ! My baby constantly has hiccups I just thought it was a normal thing! Xx 
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 ive also not heard that 🤔 my little one has then frequently. Also ladies im almost 35 week has anyone else had an increase in disscharge sorry for tmi im just trying to figure out if its its normal. No smell or anything just creamy in colour and its every time i go to the loo. Ill mention it on Friday when im at the hospital xx
  • Options
    @Buttercupmummy i have noticed it since about 25 weeks, i think it is normal as long as theres no colour/smell to it xx
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean oh glad its not just me id read about the mucus plug and it got me worried but it has no colour or smell. Xx